Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

Interesting though it says 2012, but the last time the ship was there was 2010.

I'm guessing that's the date it was uploaded to the site. Which is why I wonder if it's been up there for a while. People doing the website side of things may not always know if a picture is relevant and just pick the nicest pictures for the headers.

I'm guessing that's the date it was uploaded to the site. Which is why I wonder if it's been up there for a while. People doing the website side of things may not always know if a picture is relevant and just pick the nicest pictures for the headers.

Possible but let's see a cross their sites they have these photos up and no cruises as of today.

Dover.

Copenhagen, has been up some time.

Lisbon Portugal. has been up some time.

Possible but let's see a cross their sites they have these photos up and no cruises as of today.

Dover.

Copenhagen, has been up some time.

Lisbon Portugal. has been up some time.

If you go to the transatlantic page on the mobile site it is a picture of the Dream. I'm guessing the pictures are not always representative of reality! ;)

Also, I think their mobile version of the departure ports has not been updated recently. Pretty sure DCL is NOT going back to Galveston.

13396694465_47c8e01509.jpg

ports by DahliaRW, on Flickr

Edited by DahliaRW

I will re post my OP as I was on IPAD and made a few typos on it which will be confusing.

In August on my blog for Alaska I posted some rumors I had heard for 2015, on the a Wonder many staff confirmed that the Wonder will go back to Alaska for 2015 as well as 2014,- and would dry dock after the 2015 season after getting an extension permit, as its refit will make it go long for Panama Canal.

Now I also heard from at least three sources that the senior staff on the Magic are telling cruisers that they are going to the Baltic again in 2015.

Now I first heard this rumor in July when instead of saying they are going to the Med in 2015' they said there going to Europe, which was interesting.

My thoughts were firmed up a bit more when a friend on the magic quoting the captain said DCL will go yo the Baltic from Copenhagen in summer 2015 He was told not to post that on a particular DCL cruise forum.

Now another person has posted on WDW magic they also have been told by the CD Peter that the Magic is going to the Baltic in 2015.

I have heard Harwich UK And Dover mentioned.

(PS Dream and Fantasy as usual. Fantasy might cover the eastern Caribbean more with San Juan and Tortola and the Magic cover Western Caribbean cruises in the winter , popular southern Caribbean cruises will be back.)

Now this is all rumor and I didn't post anything bar on my own blog last month as it is rumor and things can and do change, we were told cruises will come out in December, the first week but one poster has said in two weeks time, I think that's wring but you never know.

Just want to re post the September post for reference.

With an announcement Monday, ( latest Tuesday) here is a recap.

We expect only Summer to be released and not the fall at this time.

2015 A PREDICTED SCHEDULE

Fantasy

Eastern and Western Carribean's- Summer.

Eastern's only Fall > Winter including Tortola, so mix of four ports, (Tortola, St Marrten, San Juan, and St Thomas)

Dream

Three and four night Bahamas. (Fall No Saturday / Sunday departures).

Some five night double dip Castaway Cay cruises.

Wonder

Alaska -Summer

The following may not be released next week.

Hawaii - September.

Fall/Winter -Based San Juan with Sunday 7 night Southern Caribbean cruises.

Magic

Two week Eastbound Transatlantic to Copenhagen.

May 30 Copenhagen - 7 night Baltic

Jun 6 Copenhagen - 7 night Fjord (Geiranger)

Jun 13 Copenhagen - 7 night Baltic

Jun 20 Copenhagen - 9 night Fjord (Geiranger)

Jun 29 Copenhagen > Dover- 11 night Iceland (Akureyri, Reykjavik overnight)

Jul 10 Dover - 12 night Baltic Via Copenhagen

Jul 22 Dover - 12 night Baltic Via Copenhagen inc overnight stay.

Aug 3 Dover - Dover to Barcelona via Lisbon Portugal.

August 10 -5-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona, Spain

• Villefranche, France • La Spezia, Italy • Civitavecchia, Italy.

August 15, August 22, August 29,

7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona, Spain

Naples, Italy • Civitavecchia, Italy • La Spezia, Italy • Villefranche, France

The following may not be released next week.

September 5th Surprise cruise, Eastern Med maybe Istanbul or Canaries cruise.

Westbound Transatlantic to Miami via Madiera.

Then

Western Caribbean 4/5 night cruises.

Maybe some up to Tortola as well.

Okay. Now we can work on Fall 2015 rumors :)

There in the above post.

Black Out Dates

Per DCL, neither the Magic nor the Fantasy have any black out dates for placeholder discounts on newly announced, Summer 2015 sailings.

June 29, 2015 is the only black out date for the Wonder.

On the Dream, the following dates are blacked out:

June 26, 2015 (first 5 night Castaway Cay double dip)

July 1, 2015 (4th of July holiday sailing)

July 5, 2015 (Also a 5 night CC double dip)

Hope this info is accurate. Earlier they said that we would not know which dates were blacked out until we tried to move reservations tomorrow. It's possible that they are adding more dates right now and just haven't gotten to the Magic and Fantasy.

• 2 months later...
When the Panama Canal enlargement is completed.

So your saying; that Disney will dry dock Wonder; when Panama finishes extending the canal? Why would a company as large as Disney wait for that to happen? Don't most cruise lines schedule dry docks and refurbs on a three to five year basis? At least thats what I read from the NCL and RCI boards

So your saying; that Disney will dry dock Wonder; when Panama finishes extending the canal? Why would a company as large as Disney wait for that to happen? Don't most cruise lines schedule dry docks and refurbs on a three to five year basis? At least thats what I read from the NCL and RCI boards

The Wonder had her last dry dock in Jan 2014. This was a "regular" dry dock - general updating and cleaning.

The big re-imagine for the Wonder (like the Magic had) won't happen until they are sure that the Panama Canal is practically done, due to the fact that one of the upgrades will make her too long to fit through the current locks at the canal. But she will fit through the new locks (whenever they are done).

DCL, I believe, won't risk not being able to bring the Wonder to the west coast for her Alaska cruises by changing her and not being able to make the transit to the west coast.

Current speculation is that the re-imagining dry dock will be around Oct/Nov 2016.

Yes, cruise ships have to be inspected twice within every 5 year period. Typically that inspection is tied to a dry dock.

There is a mandatory dry dock every 2-3 years (as above). This is for engine inspection, etc. The line is never required to refurb the passenger areas, etc. A normal dry dock deals with maintenance and safety issues.

The major refurb will occur when the canal is done (or nearly so). They are far behind the original schedule. DCL doesn't want to limit what they can do with every ship in the line, and currently only the Wonder can transit the canal.

The Wonder had her last dry dock in Jan 2014. This was a "regular" dry dock - general updating and cleaning.

The big re-imagine for the Wonder (like the Magic had) won't happen until they are sure that the Panama Canal is practically done, due to the fact that one of the upgrades will make her too long to fit through the current locks at the canal. But she will fit through the new locks (whenever they are done).

DCL, I believe, won't risk not being able to bring the Wonder to the west coast for her Alaska cruises by changing her and not being able to make the transit to the west coast.

Current speculation is that the re-imagining dry dock will be around Oct/Nov 2016.

Yes, cruise ships have to be inspected twice within every 5 year period. Typically that inspection is tied to a dry dock.

The Disney Magic can still fit into the Panama Canal locks. But with her duck tail, the clearance is such that she requires "special handling" by the mules and as such, is very expensive and difficult to schedule.

The Disney Magic can still fit into the Panama Canal locks. But with her duck tail, the clearance is such that she requires "special handling" by the mules and as such, is very expensive and difficult to schedule.

They have to get special permission to go through too. I'd be surprised if they don't do the extended dry dock in fall 2016. But my guess is in 2016 they would like to send the Magic to Alaska and the Wonder to Europe (and the dry dock would take place in Cadiz that fall), so they might try for the variance in 2016 and send the Magic through the locks if the canal is not done.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hey gang, thanks for the info and updates. I did not know Wonder was only Disney ship to transit the Canal. But after reading your posts I know that size is important. I guess if I want to sail the Wonder to Hawaii next year there won't be any upgrades.