Marco polo-novovirus-august 2013

parthia

It seems C&M's PR department might not be the best but I have to say reading through the comments again I have come to the conclusion that if you weren't actually sick you didn't miss out on much It was a 3 day trip and most of the time was spent on land. Why would you want or need day time activities anyway ? The previous cruise passengers were given a £100 voucher off their ship's bill but they had been on a 7 day trip, missed out on a port of call and endured a few days at sea and in stormy weather.

I have read complaints about that trip ( not necessarily on this forum) saying the dates shouldn't run to clash with bad weather ( really!) and on this one that the swimming pool wasn't open....in October and Northern Europe !

How much did the 3 day trip cost ? What percentage of enjoyment was lost ? Then you can arrive at some sort of level of compensation which to be honest isn't going to be very much in my book.

Well said!!

To the marco polo & cruise & maritime fan club!. It does not matter about 'how long the cruise was' & 'how much did it cost?' ( mind your own business!). The point is that cruise & maritime voyages did not provide what they promised to provide. They mis-sold the cruise. They lied. It has nothing to do with you if I preferred to go on shore or not. I think you will will find that the law states that we are entitled to compensation because of this tacky firms failures. If the cruise lasted 1 day or 51 days, they must provide what the say they will. They LIED when they said "ALL public areas had to be closed", they kept open the 'paying' areas & closed the 'none' paying areas of the ship. I know some of you are obsessed with this ship & will probably commit suicide when it is scrapped, but you are trying to defend what you never experienced, so I will ignore your cheap posts in defence of your beloved marco polo. I am pursuing compensation because they have NO RIGHT to lie, cheat & scam their customers. In one quote they said to me, "we took you to some wonderful cities", they conveniently forgot to mention that we actually PAID them for the privilege!. If you enjoy being led up the garden path & do not have the courage to complain, I fear you may find they will keep on duping you in the future. It is my prerogative to pursue a claim & I will take them to court if needs be.

It seems C&M's PR department might not be the best but I have to say reading through the comments again I have come to the conclusion that if you weren't actually sick you didn't miss out on much It was a 3 day trip and most of the time was spent on land. Why would you want or need day time activities anyway ? The previous cruise passengers were given a £100 voucher off their ship's bill but they had been on a 7 day trip, missed out on a port of call and endured a few days at sea and in stormy weather.

I have read complaints about that trip ( not necessarily on this forum) saying the dates shouldn't run to clash with bad weather ( really!) and on this one that the swimming pool wasn't open....in October and Northern Europe !

How much did the 3 day trip cost ? What percentage of enjoyment was lost ? Then you can arrive at some sort of level of compensation which to be honest isn't going to be very much in my book.

I am not interested in the "conclusions" you have came to, or ANYTHING you have to say. Not all the activities were daytime, for instance the library,gym,sauna, internet etc,etc. Are those places not allowed to be used at any time?, because the brochure never mentioned that. You were not on that cruise, so I suggest you ask the ones who were before you decide if I am right or wrong. You may be easily pleased & turn a blind eye, but I will stand up & be counted if I am being had!.

It might well of been a 3 night cruise, but as a younger passenger it was also my holiday !!, for which I had, had to save for. Your right, maybe in October the pool was not missed, but the marco bistro and gym was, and the level of service we received was worse than macdonalds on a Saturday afternoon.As a younger passenger , we are CMV next generation of customers!!. So i cant see they have a future in the cruise market,

Whispy, take no notice of people who were not there, & those who have to put in their uneducated, ignorant & assuming noses into something they have not got a clue about. These people feel they need to do this to 'protect' there beloved marco polo ship. I have no problems with the ship itself, it is the attitude of cruise & maritime. To keep you up to date, I have once again spoke to the city of London health authority & they said they are finding it hard to locate the report on the marco polo. I have told them I will wait another two weeks & then I will get the information from the government,s 'freedom of information act'. I am also awaiting a reply from cruise & maritime as to my refusal to accept their paltry offer of 25% off another cruise with them. (an offer you can get from most of their adverts anyway!) As usual with cruise & maritime it takes them ages to do anything, except take your money. I have been informed by my solicitor that they are bound by article 24 of the package holiday act to pay compensation because of their failures, because they knew they had a virus problem before our cruise left port. I will wait to see their next bunch of excuses before I give them that. If I get no joy with that it will be off to the ombudsman & then court. I will also be informing the press in every way I can. I am not after more than anyone else,the compensation is minimal. I am so disgusted with cruise & maritime,s dismissal of their customers concerns & their easygoing attitude toward the novovirus their ships get on a pretty regular basis, that I will carry this on until they address them properly. They cannot even offer an apology, they just try to appease you with telling you how wonderful they are & how they have taken you to nice places!. I will keep you notified of any news.

It might well of been a 3 night cruise, but as a younger passenger it was also my holiday !!, for which I had, had to save for. Your right, maybe in October the pool was not missed, but the marco bistro and gym was, and the level of service we received was worse than macdonalds on a Saturday afternoon.As a younger passenger , we are CMV next generation of customers!!. So i cant see they have a future in the cruise market,

Hi, Good news at last!. Yesterday we received a letter including a cheque for £60. Still no apology but what more can you expect from C&M. So keep battling & they will see sense. Let me know how you get on. keep the pressure on them.

Well done !!, not had so much luck . Just called them again , to ask why people on the same cruise,that had to put up with the same terrible experience have received a cheque back . they say to write again.

You have to keep at them. Ring them up, email them, send them letters. Go through the travel agent you booked with, they are also responsible. Keep going & let me know how you get on. Good luck!.