M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

Thx for ur reply about that cabin. I'm pretty sure cellar masters is fairly new. As u said there is no info on this cabin. Guess I will find out for myself! Hopefully we won't have any issues! Thx so much for checking!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Celebrity Infinity Cabin 2166 Review

CABIN #: 2166

DECK #: 2

CLASS: 7

AREA:

BED NEAR: Middle of cabin

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: _

Situated on Deck 2 on the starboard side and is mid ship, just around the corner from the mid staircase. It is close to the atrium but a few flights of stairs away from the buffet. This is a great cabin...spacious, quiet and plenty of room. It has a small settee that folds out to sleep a 3rd person in the cabin. The bathroom is very roomy. Great view of the water, just above the water line.

These cabins are so much more bigger than an equivalent cabin on Princess. As Deck 2 is close to the water line, it gives you a different perspective to the view of the water. I would have no hesitation in booking this cabin again.

CABIN #: 9050

DECK #: 9

CLASS: Aqua A1

AREA:

BED NEAR: Bathroom wall

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: Full starboard

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems, near forward elevators and stairs. Steps up to the buffet and pool.

Cabin: #1101

Deck: #11

Class: aqua

Area: near Aft

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes, other than that we were right by the deck to corridor door, which you could hear close but it was not an issue.

Balcony View: Excellent of the Port side, no overhang above, lots of sun.

Balcony Size: standard

Wind a problem?: We had a couple of windy days, could still sit on the chairs but a little cool.

Soot a problem?: Going through the canal, we had some soot end up on the deck, and another day where the ship was not going very quick we had more soot.

Problems/comments: Being the first cabin by the public deck, it tended to have people peek around the corner. When the blinds are open, the mirror at the sitting desk gave a great angle right into the cabin - the bed and even partially into the bath if the door was open. This didn't help that the deck top rail was offset from the balcony rail so it made it easier to look in. When sea water blown in, room steward wiped down the chairs and railing when they came to do the room.

CABIN #: 2174

DECK #: 2

CLASS: 12

AREA: Near Aft elevators

BED NEAR: Beds at the other end to the bathroom

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?: n/a

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Actually a surprisingly big cabin! My parents were next door in cabin 2180 and their cabin seemed tiny in comparison. I imagine 2186, 2192, 2157 and 2183 would also be the same, they seem to be laid out differently to standard cabins as the door opened into the middle of the cabin rather than right at the end.

CABIN #: 9177

CLASS: C3

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: Adjoining cabin, but quiet neighbors.

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: There were 2 problems with this cabin which make it one I would never book again. There was a crew door directly opposite which was used frequently. Some attendants were very careful to close the door quietly, but many simply let it slam shut. And it was definitely very loud.

Second problem, and more bothersome to me, was the very strong urine smell in the bathroom. When I arrived I noticed they had placed a diffuser of the kind you see in Aqua class on the floor next to the toilet. Did no good whatsoever. And no one seemed able to do anything about it. Be warned, it is not pleasant.

Edited by cruiseacecat
Ship was Summit

CABIN #: 9177

CLASS: C3

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: Adjoining cabin, but quiet neighbors.

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: There were 2 problems with this cabin which make it one I would never book again. There was a crew door directly opposite which was used frequently. Some attendants were very careful to close the door quietly, but many simply let it slam shut. And it was definitely very loud.

Second problem, and more bothersome to me, was the very strong urine smell in the bathroom. When I arrived I noticed they had placed a diffuser of the kind you see in Aqua class on the floor next to the toilet. Did no good whatsoever. And no one seemed able to do anything about it. Be warned, it is not pleasant.

Ship : Constellation

Cabin #: 9152

Deck #: 9 (Sky)

Class: C3

Area: Aft

Quiet?: Adjoining - Depends on neighbors!

Balcony view: Good - protected from wind, rain

Balcony size: Standard

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Loved the location. Steward room across the hall but not a problem for me. Cleanest cabin I have had in years! Everything was in excellent condition.

CABIN #: 7191

DECK #: 7

CLASS: CC

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: VERY

BALCONY VIEW: obstructed looking down as CS is below did not bother us

BALCONY SIZE: 2 chairs and a table

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: On the Summit. Great cabin steward Dominic and Sebastian. Connecting cabin but no noise. Elevators not far at all. Would book this again just for the stewards!

Ship : Infinity

Cabin #: 7168

Deck #: 7

Class: 2A

Area: Aft

Quiet?: Very

Balcony view: Good - forward wall with adjoining balcony is solid metal

Problems/comments: This is the first cabin aft of the jog in the hallway of the ship in the aft section

SHIP: Summit

CABIN #: 1110

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Aft Starboard

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Pretty quiet. We heard some moving of stuff above us the first morning, but the ship was replacing the deck loungers on our cruise so I think that's what they were doing. That was after 8 though, not early. The sports deck is right above, so we were wondering if we'd hear basketballs, but the cabins aren't right under the basketball court. Because AQ cabins don't take 3-4 people, I guess there aren't typically kids in them, but there are a few inside cabins on the end of deck 11, and I did hear a kid running in the hall a couple of times.

BALCONY VIEW: Wide open ocean and sky! No cover over the balcony, nothing below. Great for watching the stars, but the room tended to heat up during the day with the sun beating in (and it wasn't hot on our cruise, 70-71 ish during the day)

BALCONY SIZE: Good. Two chairs and a table. No room for loungers, but the chairs reclined.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No more than other balconies, I don't think.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: The balcony floor was dirty with what looked like soot. These cabins are right below the smokestack. We didn't have a problem sitting out on the balcony though. Not sure where the dirt came from but it didn't seem to get worse during the cruise.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We had a hard time getting the temperature right. It got quite warm in the room if we left the curtain open. Then it took a while for the A/C to bring the temperature down. And then we'd wake up freezing in the middle of the night. Eventually we learned to leave the curtain closed all day to keep the sun out. That seemed to help. Might be worth it to tell the cabin steward to leave it closed when he makes up the room.

There is a little sitting area just outside 1106/1108/1110 and another just outside the corresponding odd-numbered cabins on the port side. 4 little chairs and a table. Nice place for hubby to wait while I finished putting on my face :)

Nice location - out the door and you're on deck 11 near the pool, out another door down the stairs and you're in the Oceanview Bar/Sunset Bar (it got called both), down one flight of stairs to the buffet, quick trip down the elevator to Blu.

Edited by gi_pam

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin #: 9104

Deck #: 9

Class: Aqua Class A2

Area: Midship Starboard

Balcony view: Ok large overhang limits sun and sky.

Problems/comments: great location, near midship stairs. No noise from above. Would book again.

Ship : Constellation

Cabin #: 2166

Deck #: 2

Class: Oceanview 07

Area: midship starboard

Porthole view: 1 deck above water line

Porthole size: Standard

Problems/comments: Great location between midship and aft lobby. The room is very convenient to the gangway on deck 1. Many of the stateroom cabinet doors are loose at the hinges. I was waiting for a door to come off in my hand. The little sofa was not big enough for 2 people. The toilet had a problem with flushing, sometimes it worked great other times, no suction. Overall, I would stay in this room again.

Edited by jjm34957

Cabin #: 1124

Deck #: 11

Class: A1

Area: Aft Starboard

Balcony view: Excellent

Balcony size: Smaller than Standard

Problems/comments: Great location near aft elevators. Very quiet. Great access to the Sunset Bar, the Buffet and Blu. Balcony was not as deep as the C2 or A2 cabins we'd stayed in previously. There was a lot of vibration during the night, presumably from the aft pods. We thought it was due to an less experienced Captain on deck during the night who did not stabilize quickly enough. Balcony had no cover so there was lots of sun. There was no smoke from the Sunset Bar. Shower door leaked but that problem was solved by placing a rolled up towel at the base of the doors. I probably would choose one of the A1 cabins with balconies that are slightly bumped out or one of the aft cabins the time after next. We are booked in 1140 the next time!

SHIP: Millennium

CABIN #: 9061

CLASS: A2

AREA: Forward

QUIET?: Mostly

BALCONY VIEW: Partially obstructed by the large overhang of deck 10

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

The balcony is partially obstructed by the overhang, but the supports were not directly obstructing in this cabin.

On our Alaska cruise in May/June 2014, we did hear the occasional chair scraping noise from deck 10 (I believe 9061 is underneath the solarium) - however we didn't think it was too bad, once we identified what the noise was. It didn't seem as loud in the cabin as it was on the balcony (and then it wasn't very loud).

There is a steward closet a few doors down from this cabin. We heard them occasionally, but it didn't bother us as we were usually up and out of the room by 8 AM.

Note: I'm a light sleeper and I was never disturbed by any noises. We were up early, though. I can't say if/how I would be affected by any noise if I tried to sleep in.

The bathroom: The bathroom was clean. However, when I opened the cabinets under the sink, there was a distinct musty smell - like water had collected in there. The AQ shower doors have a design flaw (mentioned in other posts) which allows water to run outside of the shower. I fixed this by doubling up the bath mat and placing it on the threshold and closed the doors from inside the shower which allowed for a tighter seal. This seemed to work. It's a minor annoyance, once you learn to work with it.

This cabin has quick access to the forward elevators & stairs.

Edited by CreativeJourney

Millennium 9156

SHIP: Millennium

CABIN #:9156

CLASS: Family Stateroom

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Center of first room

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Starboard, aft corner. We saw the entire side and rear view

BALCONY SIZE: HUGE!!! This balcony is larger than most staterooms

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

We have been on many cruises and this was the absolutely best balcony EVER!

We were truly amazed when we put our key in the door for the first time and were directed into a long private hallway with another door at the end. We unlocked that door as well and were surprised to be in a two room stateroom, with a full bedroom and separate living area, large enough to have two more family members (there were two pullout couches in that room). Beyond the living room area was the largest, most amazing balcony. It was so large, there was a large teak table with 4 chairs around it (and it could have easily had 2 more chairs comfortably around the table) in addition to two full size lounge chairs. And there was still plenty of room!

Part of the deck was covered by the sitting area from deck 10, where others sat and ate or drank during the day and evening. The noise never bothered us. We ordered room service breakfast several mornings and sat outside, enjoying the views. It was also the most amazing place to privately watch the Hubbard Glacier, when everyone else was crowded on the deck above us. We almost felt guilty having all that space to ourselves...almost, lol.

We truly loved this balcony and spent time each day enjoying the views. It was nice sailing in and out of port each day, as well as seeing the sights each afternoon. Definitely worth the splurg!

CABIN #: 8181

DECK #: 8

CLASS: FV (corner)

BED NEAR: N/A

QUIET?: Yes, very quiet.

BALCONY VIEW: Magnificent!

BALCONY SIZE: Huge - corner aft veranda

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We booked this cabin for 5 (2 adults - 3 teens). I was pleasantly surprised that we had no problems with space. The cabin has 2 rooms -- a bedroom for us and a "living room" with sofa beds for the kids. One was a traditional sofa bed that pulled out, and the other one had cushions that flipped over into a sofa-sized bed. Basically, it was wall-to-wall beds. But the kids were out having fun most of the day and came in at midnight and went to sleep. Great cabin!

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 3114

DECK #: 3

CLASS: OV

QUIET?: Not really; See notes

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed through very large circular window

BALCONY SIZE: NA

WIND A PROBLEM?: NA

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NA

This cabin was added during the last drydock in the area of a former conference room so it is only a year old - no wear and tear with an immaculate bathroom. The window is large and round giving you an excellent view. It is convenient to everything being in a small hallway near guest relations with easy access to the midship and aft elevator banks. (Aft elevator bank was much faster.) It is directly above a diesel engine which does provide some "white" noise. If you want a perfectly quiet cabin, this one is not for you, however it did not bother us since it was a consistent relatively quiet sound. One morning on arriving in Le Havre we did sense a fuel like smell that could have been distracting. Our stewards (Michael and Vladimir) on the 13 June 14 British Isles cruise were excellent. We would book this cabin again without hesitation. In fact my DW said she would be satisfied with this cabin instead of our usual AQ, but we did miss the intimacy and excellent food of Blu although the food and service in the Trellis Dining Room was very good.

• Like 1

I just saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents as I was looking for info on this cabin when we booked it!

CABIN #: 6000

DECK #: 6

AREA: FWD

BED NEAR: two beds

Booked this cabin based on deck plan drawings, wanted some extra space and it was really a great sized room for two singles...little sitting area inside the window which was nice, very spacious.

HOWEVER, the 3rd nite of the cruise around midnite very loud bass 'thumping' began and continued on, even with continued calls to front desk. Apparently the crew 'disco' was on deck 5 in same vicinity and this happened every nite from midnite on. Very loud, continued every nite...:eek:

Ended up getting moved to another cabin...:cool:

I just saw this thread and thought I'd add my 2 cents as I was looking for info on this cabin when we booked it!

CABIN #: 6000

AREA: FWD

BED NEAR: two beds

Booked this cabin based on deck plan drawings, wanted some extra space and it was really a great sized room for two singles...little sitting area inside the window which was nice, very spacious.

HOWEVER, the 3rd nite of the cruise around midnite very loud bass 'thumping' began and continued on, even with continued calls to front desk. Apparently the crew 'disco' was on deck 5 in same vicinity and this happened every nite from midnite on. Very loud, continued every nite...:eek:

Ended up getting moved to another cabin...:cool:

I would love to see this cabin if you have pictures! I'm booked in an oversized OV cabin, #8002, but really like these forward facing cabins! So little info on these little gems.

Thank you!

-Alaina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CABIN #: 8104

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Mid-Ship

BED NEAR: Single room - backs up to hallway

QUIET?: No hallway noise, but noisy at times from other suite through connecting door

BALCONY VIEW: Forward

BALCONY SIZE: Nice!

WIND A PROBLEM?: A bit on way back to NJ from Bermuda, but no real issue

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Great cabin. Great location. Fantastic butler and stateroom attendant. Big enough to use pullout sofa bed AND rollaway in cabin at night. High bathtub, which was just odd. (Wouldn't recommend to elderly person.) Lots of storage space. Loved the dressing area in bedroom.

Summit:

CABIN #: 6004

CLASS: Ocean View - Wheelchair accessible

AREA: forward

BED NEAR: wall

QUIET?: Yes, except on last sea day it was very rough, there was quite a bit of banging noise from below

BALCONY VIEW: -

BALCONY SIZE: -

WIND A PROBLEM?: -

SOOT A PROBLEM?: -

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: very large cabin. pull out soft bed too soft.

Video at

Edited by toras

CABIN #: 1101

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Most forward of new Aft Cabins

BED NEAR: bath

QUIET?: Y - see comments

BALCONY VIEW: Non obstructed - divider can be removed to balcony next door.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM?: It was on the wine immersion cruise, but more of a cruise location than a cabin problem.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Last room on deck 11. The door to the deck is right outside the cabin. It was very windy between Le Havre and Harwich so the door did slam occasionally. A lot of folks wandering around trying to figure out where they were. Had a few looky loos peak around the balcony divider to see what was there.

Was this on the Summit?

• 4 weeks later...

Millennium

Cabin: 9127

Aqua deck 9

Bed Near Bath

Quiet: Yes, occasionally heard running from Buffet but no other buffet noise

Balcony: Standard with over hang

Obstructed: No

Wind or Soot: No

Convenient location to mid ship elevators & stairs and buffet & pool on deck 10.

Mary Lou