Do you use a lanyard for your sea pass?

StevenStephen

We use a lanyard and didn't when we first started cruising because of all the negative remarks. Most of us have had or still use lanyards at work/school. It's just too convenient. When in port shopping, I drop the lanyard under the t-shirt or top and I'm able to just pull it out when ready to board and my hands are full of packages and bags. What people think of it doesn't bother me in the least and it's definitely not because we are Diamond and use it to flash some sort of status. I hadn't even thought of that until someone here mentioned it. It's strictly convenience.

I have a lanyard with the clear plastic holder that comes in handy for my card and a couple dollars if I need it, I mainly use it while on board the ship and put it in my little purse when going into port ~ last cruise I found it interesting that on the first sea day several people were buying the "gold by the inch" to bling up their lanyards, I guess to make them look a little fancier! :p

• 2 weeks later...
I could not imagine not using a lanyard either! I have a pretty beaded one that just looks like a long necklace. Since I tend to wear sundresses nearly exclusively I never have pockets to stick my card in.

I have never lost my card and always have it right at hand without having to carry something with me all over the ship. I have a small bag that I put my book and tanning essentials in when I am going to the pool - but the rest of the time I don't want to be burdened with anything more than an umbrella drink in my hand! :D

With or without a lanyard.. have a fabulous time on the cruise!!!!

So glad to see this post. It seems like a lot of people are saying just to put it in their pockets but for on the ship I had hoped to wear sundresses and as you know they have no pockets!

It's looking like the general consensus is lanyards are okay on the ship but in port tuck them away somewhere.

So glad to see this post. It seems like a lot of people are saying just to put it in their pockets but for on the ship I had hoped to wear sundresses and as you know they have no pockets!

It's looking like the general consensus is lanyards are okay on the ship but in port tuck them away somewhere.

this thread is funny!!! but as was said lanyards remind me of work

so im going with FANNY PACKS:D

Several of the comments here are great!

The lanyards must be pretty popular, as they were selling them in the cruise terminal in New Orleans. Plain ones with a clear plastic pocket were $4 (more for fancy ones), and we both got one.

Easy to keep track of, easy to use on-board for everything. We had also brought an old hotel key-card to use for the safe, and kept it in the lanyard too. When off the ship, or on formal night, and other times; it got rolled up and put in a pocket, or DW's purse.

They may not be for everyone, but sure are used, and work for a lot of cruisers. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5C using Forums mobile app.

My kids will both be wearing a lanyard. They will lose their cards if they don't have one. They wear one to school everyday, so no big deal to wear one at sea. I usually have a bag of some sort with me, so I wouldn't really need a lanyard. My DH will not use one and we will probably have to replace his sea pass card:D

If having a lanyard is convenient for you then I say go for it!

I'll wear one just for convenience. On the ship I usually wear a swim suit and don't have pockets. On shore I'll go in my little backpack I take with me into port.

I don't care that it makes me look like a noobie. I stopped giving a crap about what people think about me a lonnnnnnng time ago. :D

17 cruises, and I still look noobie :)

I don't carry a purse on ships, and tend to lose things in pockets.

I actually just purchased a really nice one from Brighton for newly acquired Platinum Carnvial keycards!

There were lanyards galore on the grandeur earlier this month....all varieties....but the Bling styles were the most popular. If you don't pack yours the shops have them for sale!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just got back on Sunday and there were so many people with lanyards. I even had people stop and ask me how we got our lanyards. They were great with the kids, we didn't have to constantly worry where they put it down. We brought the lanyards that the kids use for their school ID's and had the guest services desk punch a hole in the corner of each cruise card. I don't think it looks silly. I thought it was more silly, that twice when getting off the ship in port I got behind people that "lost their cruise cards" talk about looking silly.

We do use lanyards - I wear a lot of sundresses without pockets and hate to carry a bag.

I am surprised to read that so many needed to purchase a lanyard - Disney gives all returning passengers a lanyard with plastic pouch to use. They are color-coded to your loyalty level. The only folks who need to buy a lanyard are the first-timers, so lanyard use is extremely common on Disney ships. I didn't realize that other cruise lines do not supply lanyards as thank you gifts.

Okay, here's a question that isn't quite about a lanyard but it's along those lines. When you're at the beach at one of the ports and you want to swim, do you just leave your stuff on your towel? Or do you wear your lanyard into the water? There's just two of us going (boyfriend and I) and I think we both will want to be in the water at one point. I don't plan on bringing much but we'll need money for taxi, food, etc.

I bought a waterproof lanyard that will hold my sea pass and cash with a little room for something else. I'll probably wear it on any excursion where I'll be on a catamaran or something...just so stuff stays safe and dry. I don't think I'd swim with it as it would float around me and be really irritating.

If I'm at the beach I'll often tuck things into plastic bags and bury them in the sand near my towel. Remembering to get them when I leave the beach!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

Buy a water safe. You can even buy them in the gift shops on board. They are on a string like the lanyards, but can hold your seapass card, money and a couple of credit cards. when closed they are waterproof. Wish I knew how to send a photo of one of them :(. We always carry these to the beach. They're perfect.

Buy a water safe. You can even buy them in the gift shops on board. They are on a string like the lanyards, but can hold your seapass card, money and a couple of credit cards. when closed they are waterproof. Wish I knew how to send a photo of one of them :(. We always carry these to the beach. They're perfect.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check into one of those.

You're talking about these:

http://store.aquapac.net/explore-by-activity/pool-beach/small-whanganui-case-348.html

They come in various sizes, are mostly in lanyard form, but there are armband ones as well. You can usually get them at your local outdoor equipment store.