Pride 09/01 Review...Detailed w/Pics

teetee6263

And we'd love to meet you! The biggest issue is school, and do I pull the out for that long? I never gave it a second thought when they were both in elementary, but Middle School is the Real Deal! I will give it some very serious thought! I may see if I can talk some of the rest of the family into it as it really does look like an exceptional itinerary! The flights from San Juan don't look bad either! My DH is a land lubber, so he won't go and convincing him we need to take another cruise might take some work!

I certainly do understand the 'school,' thing. Homeschool for the week. LOL

After our cruise on the Breeze in March, my husband said he didn't want to go on any more cruises. I was crushed. But lo and behold, I was sitting here looking at a Pride review on a Sunday evening last month, and he said, "Where are you now?" I said, Pride and we need to cruise it because we don't have to fly first and start out tired. (He just turned 75, and I am 71 so we do get tired after the hassles of flying,) He said, "Well, if you agree to go to Puerto Rico, I'll go on another cruise." BAM, I contacted our travel agent and within an hour, she found this for us. Booked it that night before he could change his mind. LOL Catch your hubby during a football game. He won't be paying attention to what he agrees to.

And not that it really matters, but was there a charge for laser tag?

$5 for 5 minutes. Pretty sure they will have it, Sam said she played the week before our sailing & it was a different CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The day I was looking most forward to!!! Again this morning I was up bright & early to catch the sunrise, even though I got some sunrise photos yesterday in PC they don’t compare to sunrise on the open sea. Unfortunately we missed sailing into Nassau, which I love. Breakfast today was once again on Lido with what seemed like everyone else on the ship, but they had French toast so I was a very happy camper. By 11:30 we were on our way to Atlantis, crammed into a hot van with the driver from the video game “Crazy Taxi”. Thankfully we made it to Atlantis in one piece & were on our way to Comfort Suites to get our passes.

I absolutely loved loved loved Atlantis. The slides were great, we did the one that goes through the shark tank twice, also rode the current twice. We did get on others, but these were my favorites. The beach was beautiful, there was a couple of vendors but none were overly pushy. One guy kept trying to push jet ski rides, I said no thank you that’s OK but he kept at it, so I politely told him "no I don't drive nor swim" & then he said he my kids could ride with him on the back….Well I guess he got the picture when I said “ you must be F’ng’ crazy” cause he left me alone & I never saw him again. There was someone selling drinks in coconut, that I would've love to get but of course I had no cash on me. Being a huge aquarium fan , I also enjoyed the marine habitat very much as well. The place is huge & like a maze, so there were some exhibits we didn't get to see. We hated leaving, but since the ship waits for no one & I still wanted to hit the shops on Bay St we had no choice. By 5:30 we were patiently, OK not so patently waiting for our taxi to fill up. Word of advice, give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship.

We finally get a full van & were off. I notice its taking longer to get back & streets are not looking familiar, it turns some passengers were staying at Atlantis & going to a restaurant for dinner. So now I’m getting annoyed because this is cutting into my shopping time & to make matters worse we ride through “the real Bahamas”, which I wouldn’t mind if I asked for a tour but I didn’t!!! There was another family riding with us that wanted shop before getting back on board, so he stopped on some corner downtown to let us out. Now let me tell you he was very close to not getting paid & getting cussed the hell out, but he asked if we were OK getting out there or wanted to go to ship. I told him I actually wanted to go to fat Tuesday, so he dropped us off right in front of it & he turned out to be very friendly, suggesting spots to visit next time & stressed that we watch our time getting back to the ship. OK, so he got paid, but since we didn’t get there till almost 6:15 he sure as hell didn’t get a tip. I’m a big Fat Tuesday fan & was not impressed at all. I was disappointed because the only 2 shops I wanted to go to were already closed, Tortuga rum cake & Bacardi. I also wanted to pick up a Kalik beer, Sands beer & a post card for my scrapbook, but didn’t get those either. Thought I’d be able to at least get them at the Festival Marketplace, but shops there were closed a well.

FYI...Tiana is reading this & said I'm not posting enough pics. So be warned this being my favorite port you might get flooded with pics....

ry%3D400

Early morning traffic

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After our cruise on the Breeze in March, my husband said he didn't want to go on any more cruises. I was crushed. But lo and behold, I was sitting here looking at a Pride review on a Sunday evening last month, and he said, "Where are you now?" I said, Pride and we need to cruise it because we don't have to fly first and start out tired. (He just turned 75, and I am 71 so we do get tired after the hassles of flying,) He said, "Well, if you agree to go to Puerto Rico, I'll go on another cruise." BAM, I contacted our travel agent and within an hour, she found this for us. Booked it that night before he could change his mind. LOL Catch your hubby during a football game. He won't be paying attention to what he agrees to.

Substitute "hockey" for "football" and you may be onto something!!

Enjoying your review, looks like y'all had a blast! I have to ask - how did Toast get that nickname? :D

Thanks. Back in JHS she had a friend whose late name was Gagel & the teacher called her bagel, so one day at basketball practice she said she wanted to be a bagel, but was just Toast....and it stuck:rolleyes:

I'm enjoying your trip too. ;)

We've done this cruise a few times and enjoyed it every time.

Still love seeing all the pics.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks, glad your enjoying it.

Back on board & its 7pm, wow we’ve been out all day. Since we have early seating for dinner, we had to eat on Lido tonight. Unfortunately another one of mine & Toast's favorite dishes, Lasagna bolognese was served tonight in the MDR. They did have lasagna on Lido, but it wasn’t as good as I’ve have in the MDR in the past. Tiana had what she said was the best ever grilled cheese from the deli. Tiana was looking forward to the apple pie for dessert & I was hoping they had it on Lido but didn’t, so big sister went to MDR & asked Jenny for 2 slices to go, that made her happy.

ry%3D400

This evening Toast sang in Superstar Live Karaoke & then somehow convinced me to go up & sing with her, it was fun but next time I need a bit of liquid courage. Tiana loves The Love & Marriage Show, so we attended that. Yes the L&M show is listed as 18+, but Kirk said he would leave it to the parents discretion, just don’t come to him complaining afterwards. Carnival Quest was also tonight, which is ABSOLUTELY for adults only, so we take Tiana back to the room & she falls off to sleep. I wasn’t really crazy about her being in the room alone, but I used the advice of many CC’ers & put the Snoozin sign on the door. Now if you’ve never been to Quest, you must go... its hilarious. I was planning on only watching, but being the mother of the most popular girl on the ship I was forced to play & we teamed up with Hairy Man. We didn’t win, but had a blast trying so yes I took one for the team & yanked off my bra...LMAO!!!! I’m off to bed & Toast is at her usual spot.

Wow, I didnt take any pictures this evening...was probably charging batteries

LMAO this may be te funniest sentence I've ever read on this board:D

To the OP, enjoying your review!:D:D:D

Being that we had such a short time at port today I wanted to be up & ready to on shore as soon as we got the all clear. Well after last night, that didn’t happen. Breakfast on Lido was OK as usual. The port area seemed to be pretty lively but being my first time there I need to see more of the island. I was approached by a guy suggesting we take his taxi to Tanio; saying it would be great for the kids, but since all my research was on Port Lucaya that’s where we were going. We easily found the taxi’s to Port Lucaya which were $10 pp roundtrip. The ride there was a bit longer than I excepted, about 20-30 minutes & it was just a short walk from where we were dropped off to the beach. I was not completely crazy about the path you take to actually get to the beach. Even though its right along side the police station, it still seems a little secluded. Once we reached the beach I saw a few vendors, beautiful water & a bunch of rocks….OMG, I think we should’ve went to Tanio!!! Before turning around in disappointment we follow a couple & happily saw people laying on Carnival towels in the sand & people swimming. So we found a spot to claim as our own & set up camp. There were a few vendors all very friendly & not pushy, a simple no thank you & they were off to the next. There was one guy that asked if we wanted to ride a banana boat to the pirate ship from Pirate of the Caribbean, where we could jump off into the water for $25...I guess he could tell from the AH HELL NO & facial expression to the jumping off part he knew I wasn’t a swimmer & said we could ride in the boat with him, & he would jump off to get a starfish for us to take pics with. Still feeling a little unsure I declined. Thinking back now I wish we did it, but we enjoyed our time splashing around in the water & jumping waves. We were having so much fun we left a lot later than I planned, around 11:40. At this point I just wanted to get back to the ship, but I did stop along the way into a few shops & picked up a bottle of Kalik beer. I also found some Bahamas Goombay Punch in a convenience store right by the taxi stand. I think we lucked out with the taxi, because a group of people was just standing around & when we walked up the lady asked how many, told her 3 & we were off.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This was the first glimpse of the beach we saw & while I thought it was beautiful all I could think was...where is the sand???

We got back to the port at 12:30 & I was frantically looking for a shot glass, magnet, key chain & post cards. I found a little shop & got my trinkets when I realized I didn’t mail myself a postcard, so I also bought a stamp. Well time ticking, its 12:45 & I still wanna drink in a coconut, we find a stand…but wait can we take it back on board, NO! So I opt for a Bahama Mama in a plastic cup, which BTW I finished before I even got on board...guess I could've gotten my coconut. I was still looking for a Sands beer, but had no luck. We get on the line to get back on board & it starts to rain, just as we got to the ship it really came down…whew we made it. DAMMIT....I didn't mail my postcard, guess I gotta come back!!!

Sidebar: My back on board ding was at 1:03pm…..when we were getting off they said make sure you’re back on board by 1, I was joking with Toast & said nope I’m coming back at 1:03. Talk about coincidence, maybe I should play that number…if I win I can pay for another cruise!!!

So once again I didn’t leave myself anytime to play in the port area & I really wanted to go to Senor Frogs.

Its time for sail away, the skies open up & its pouring. A little later & the liquid sunshine is gone, so of course I go to Lido. But this time just to lay out & relax, I’m all gamed out. Still disappointed I didn’t get any drinks in a coconut I notice a fresh whole pineapple on the bar dressed with an umbrella. Woo Hoo, today’s DOD is Pineapple Paradise in a pineapple…2 please!! After my drink I dose off for a quick nap but was awaken by raindrops, well it time to get ready for dinner anyway.

ry%3D400

My Lil Bahama Mamas

ry%3D400

You can't see it but its POURING

ry%3D400

Enjoying my Pineapple Paradise

ry%3D400

My nap wake up call