platinum gifts

IflyWithDi

Does anyone know what the platinum gifts are right now I saw a review where they got Carnival Tervis Glasses I sure would like to have some of these .

The current gift if the Nike/Carnival baseball cap. IF the ship you're on still has any Tervis mugs you can exchange your cap for a cup at GS.

Does anyone know what the platinum gifts are right now I saw a review where they got Carnival Tervis Glasses I sure would like to have some of these .

The current Platinum gift is the ballcap, but it can be exchanaged for the Tervis Tumbler if the ship has any.

However, you are sailing on 10/27 like I am and the gift is suppose to change in October, so I'm "hearing" it's going to be some kind of tote or backpack, but John hasn't officially announce what it is going to be.

I hope it's not one of those nylon shoulder string backpacks. Those strings really dig into my skin if I have anything of consequence in it.

So, the real question......................Are you wearing a costume and if so what..........I'm thinking of going as a can of Spam.............:p

Simple question why do people complain about a free gift?

Didn't really see any complaints in this thread, except that those packpack strings cutting into you..... it's true, they do! However, I was raised to graciously accept gifts even if it's not what you were expecting or hoping for. Whenever I receive CCL gifts I almost always give them away to someone else on the ship. It can really make a positive experience out of something that didn't really mean much to me personally....... putting a smile on a young kids face, or family dad is priceless to me.

Give away what you don't think you'll use, want or need. It's really fun and can be very rewarding!!

We got caps last week.

I liked the tervis cups we got in the spring so well that I bought myself a larger tervis cup.

I was just really tired of cups that do not hold up.

And I was impressed that the tervis are made in the usa and have a lifetime warranty.

I have liked every platinum gift I have received.

The leather notebook was nice and I keep it in my purse.

I gave the shoulder bag to my sister, but it was fine.

The binoculars are not the finest, but fun to use to look at other ships and stuff.

The tervis cups were really nice.

And the cap is okay too, makes me feel like I am a police woman or something.

I don't care what gift I get. I just want some of those Carnival Tervis Tumblers to add to my collection of Carnival glasses I already have even got some real glass ones in my bar from past cruises when they still used glass. Wonder if Carinval sells them.

Because a useless "gift" is still useless.

I was always taught to buy gifts that people want. I would never give someone something for which they have no use.

And how many useless hats can a person have? I received one on my last cruise. We'll receive two on our next. What are two people supposed to do with three hats?

Because a useless gift isn't much of a gift. Love the Tervis tumbler. Don't wear men's caps. It's like at Christmas. You smile when you receive the gift, but quietly take it home and put it in the Goodwill pile. Online is anonymous, so no risk of hurt feelings. Free to speak our minds.

Share them with some first time Carnival Cruisers. You'll really make their day. :)

Sorry, but we paid tens of thousands of dollars for cruises for that useless hat. :p I'm going to keep trying to trade it for a Tumbler and/or bring it on our next cruise and try to exchange it with Guest Services.

Share them with some first time Carnival Cruisers. You'll really make their day. :)

That is exactly what my DW has done...I bet she has given at least 2 dozen of those tervis tumblers away to CCL newby's (usually in balcony's next to ours)

I was always taught to buy gifts that people want. I would never give someone something for which they have no use.

And how many useless hats can a person have? I received one on my last cruise. We'll receive two on our next. What are two people supposed to do with three hats?

We're doing B2B next January and we don't even want one hat let alone 4 hats. We did enjoy receiving 4 Tervis Tumblers on our January 2013 B2B.

Not everyone wears baseball caps so it is a useless gift to many.

Hope they change to something else before January.

I was raised when someone gives you a gift to say thank you

My grandma in her older age was on a fixed income but at christmas she would always buy her grand kids something small. There was only 10 of us grand kids. When i was 15 or so she bought all the boys one of the medicine shave kits you know those black bags you take with you while on vacation at the time I was like who needs that little did i kow 17 years later I love that thing.. Just wish she was alive today to but me another one

My grandma in her older age was on a fixed income but at christmas she would always buy her grand kids something small. There was only 10 of us grand kids. When i was 15 or so she bought all the boys one of the medicine shave kits you know those black bags you take with you while on vacation at the time I was like who needs that little did i kow 17 years later I love that thing.. Just wish she was alive today to but me another one

I understand what you are saying but I still stand behind my feelings. I taught my kids to always say thank you, regardless of the gift. But most people asked what they wanted, so they were happy when they opened their presents.

A shave kit for a boy is something that might be used by a boy. Imagine if your beloved grandmother had bought a shave kit for all the grand kids-including the girls, no matter their ages.

That's what I think Carnival is doing with the hats. "We purchased lots of these hats to give to our Platinum and Diamond cruisers so we'll give them to all. It doesn't matter if they wear hats or not or have sailed multiple times and already have more than one each."

Archived