Beach Club Breakdown - Includes Prices (September 2013)

Cruise Critic Chris

Listing of Beach Clubs along the malecon in Mahahual, Mexico

The following is a listing,, with pictures where available, for the major beach clubs, hotels, and restaurants along the malecon (boardwalk) in the village of Mahahual, just south of the cruise port, Costa Maya. The list begins at the Lighthouse and only contains places along the walking only beach malecon ending where Sardina/ intersects the malecon ( Macho’s Bar) at the end of the walking only section. Sardina does continue south as a street and there are places along that stretch of Mahahual. Not all bars/restaurants/shops are listed. As much as possible the places are separated by the cross street off of Huachinango, the street taxis use coming from the port. Most beach clubs with each block are side by side. Where there are no listings, there’ no current development or perhaps a small craft store or local bar. The listing is as of January 2016 and place names may change over time.

Let’s begin.

Ø The lighthouse. (Start of the Walk Only Malecon)

IMG_1495.jpg

1-El%20Faro.jpg

Ø

BEACH CLUBS AT NORTHERN END (closest to Cruise Port and Lighthouse)

Blue Kay (separate entrance just after you turn off the highway on to Huachinango.

2-Blue%20Kay%20sign.jpg3-Blue%20Kay%20cabana.jpg

Ø Senor Frogs ( one of 2 beach clubs with a pool)--may or may not be open?

4-Senor%20Frogs%20Malecon%20pool.jpg

Ø Tequila Beach (first tram stop from port).

5-%20Tequila%20Beach.jpg

Ø Corona Beach (no picture)

Calle Pargo (First short cross street-no development until Calle Rubia)

MIDDLE OF MALECON--continued

Calle Martillo

Ø Café Kerita (coffee shop)

20-%20Cafe%20Kerita.jpg

Ø Ms Arelcy's Mini Super fruit stand (2nd small mercado along the malecon)

21-MiniSuper.jpg

Fernando’s

22-%20Fernandos%20A.jpg

23-Fernandos%20B.jpg

Ø Ibiza Sunset (camping)

25-%20Ibiza%20Sunset%20B.jpg24-%20Ibiza%20Sunset%20A.jpg

Edited by crewsweeper

MIDDLE OF MALECON—LOWER END

Calle Coronado

Ø Nacional Beach Club (2nd pool along the malecon,but reserved for staying guests)

31-%20Nacional%20Beach%20Club%20A.jpg

32-%20Nacional%20Beach%20Club%20B.jpg

Calle Mojarra

Ø La Dulce Vita

33-%20La%20Dolce%20Vita.jpg

Ø Pez Quadro

34-%20Pez%20Quadro.jpg

40 Canones (hotel affiliated with Pez Quadro

35-%2040%20Canones.jpg

BEACH CLUBS AT SOUTHERN END (furthest from Cruise Port and Lighthouse)

Calle Liza

Ø NoHoch Kay

36-%20Nohoch%20Kay.jpg

Calle Cazon

Ø Sulmar

37-%20Sulmar.jpg

Ø

Ø Porto Coral

38-%20Porto%20Coral.jpg

Ø Macho’s Bar.

39-Machos%20Bar.jpg

South end of malecon looking north

40-South%20end%20of%20malecon.jpg

This is wonderful. Thank you' date=' Crewsweeper.

Honestly - this was really good for me to see. I was picturing much more luxurious beach clubs... seeing this NOW has helped prepare me![/quote']

Thank you. I was originally trying to tag these with the placemarkers on Google Earth. Beyond my skill set.

I'm posting a series of map images. Hopefully they'll help as well.

Maps from Google Earth

These images are from Google Earth, Satellite View. I apologize for some of the double place markers and overwrites and various sizes. Hopefully though these will be useful when used with the text and pictures in the above posts.

Beginning of malecon--North End –Lighthouse to Tequila Beach

c6b5854a-9032-4262-9963-e7e295325e30.jpg

Middle Malecon--Upper End—The Mercado to Tropicante

Mahahual20malecon2.jpg

Middle Malecon —Tropicante/ElFaro to Nacional Beach Club

Mahahual20malecon3.jpg

Middle Malecon--Lower End—Pez Quadro and NoHoch Kay

Mahahual20malecon4.jpg

Malecon South End—Sulmar to Macho’s Bar

Mahahual20malecon5.jpg

Great job Crew. It turned out great (including the pics ;)). :D

Now to bookmark this for future reference. :)

Thanks. And thanks for your assistance. Now PM me and tell me how to bookmark this to my signature. Stuck in the 00s. LOL.

Do you have to go to a "beach club" and pay to hang out on the beach in this town, or is is possible to just get a ride to town and walk the beach on your own? We are spending a lot of money in our other ports and want to keep this one super cheap. I was planing to just go to town and find a spot on the beach for my 4yo to play.

Do you have to go to a "beach club" and pay to hang out on the beach in this town, or is is possible to just get a ride to town and walk the beach on your own? We are spending a lot of money in our other ports and want to keep this one super cheap. I was planing to just go to town and find a spot on the beach for my 4yo to play.

No you can catch a taxi just outside the port or a tram inside and for $3 per person, get off at the first stop and walk along the malecon past all the beach clubs mentioned on this thread. BUT...if you want to spend some time at a particular spot and get loungers/palapita, food, drink, etc. you'll need to either pay or buy food or drink. None of the latter will be expensive, just don't stop at a place where you need an All-Inclusive package to be able to use the facilities.

Another option is at there is a small man made beach at the port and a pool as well which I don't think cost anything, assuming you are there early enough to get a spot. However, food and drink at the port restaurants is very overpriced.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you so much CrewSweeper for all of this information.

Is there a link somewhere (I looked and can't seem to find it) of how much each of these locations costs to get in? I just want a lounge chair and a pay-by-the-drink/food ordered place. But mostly a beach day. There are 9 of us in our crew.

Thank you so much CrewSweeper for all of this information.

Is there a link somewhere (I looked and can't seem to find it) of how much each of these locations costs to get in? I just want a lounge chair and a pay-by-the-drink/food ordered place. But mostly a beach day. There are 9 of us in our crew.

Most of these places have no entry charge, it's pay-as-you-go for food and drink and they'll supply the lounger. May I suggest, though that you contact Tropicante Beach club and pre-reserve your loungers. http://www.sandalsandskis,com. They will take good care of you, good, food, good, drink, good service. If they are full, ask about El Faro next door. Or head down to YaYa's or Pez Quadro or back up to Hotel Caballo Blanco or Krazy Lobster.

• 2 weeks later...