Beach Club Breakdown - Includes Prices (September 2013)

Cruise Critic Chris

Tropicante is not A.I. But you can see their prices on line via the link below.

YaYa Beach and Pez Quadro have A.I. options, you can book off their websites.

http://www.yayabeach.com/

http://www.pezquadrocostamaya.com/

NohochKay is an exclusive A.I. toward the south end of the malecon. You book through Island Marketing.

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveBeach.htm

All that said, I don't think you can go wrong by selecting Tropicante. Just email Steve and reserve loungers. He runs a great place and the service and good are excellent. They have Montejo and Leon beers, usually not available in the US.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/

We've enjoyed NK over the years, but the ownership is changing. Although DW's fav waitress appears to still be there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Who has been to the Barefoot beach club? It doesn't have great reviews on tripadvisor. I am looking at the all inclusive. Barefoot Beach, Ya Ya Beach, Nohoch Kay, Pex Quadro, Maya Chan. Anyone have any suggestions?

What are the drink prices at Tropicante if we don't do an all inclusive?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Gang,

Did anyone experience any issues getting back to the port in time? I really like the idea of my boys (6&8) and I visiting NK for the day, but obviously I can't risk missing the ship! Since there's kid pricing, can I assume it's semi kid friendly?

Hi Gang,

Did anyone experience any issues getting back to the port in time? I really like the idea of my boys (6&8) and I visiting NK for the day, but obviously I can't risk missing the ship! Since there's kid pricing, can I assume it's semi kid friendly?

You just tell the folks at NK when you want to leave, they'll get you a taxi and let you know when it arrives. See Betty, if she's still there, she's very good about this.

Who has been to the Barefoot beach club? It doesn't have great reviews on tripadvisor. I am looking at the all inclusive. Barefoot Beach, Ya Ya Beach, Nohoch Kay, Pex Quadro, Maya Chan. Anyone have any suggestions?

What are the drink prices at Tropicante if we don't do an all inclusive?

I did Barefoot Beach in December when I was on the Getaway and for the price I thought it was great. They were extremely nice and couldn't do enough for you. I had an all inclusive package which included a massage and it was a pretty decent massage. It was a bit odd that it was right out there with everyone else but they were very good about being discreet. The drinks were good and so was the food. And the service was excellent. And when I was ready to leave they got me a taxi right out on the Main Street. I will say the beach was crowded but it's seems all the resorts along that area are. The water was nice beach was nice and sandy not rocky like some places are. I would go there again for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
None of your pictures show, can you please repost them?

I apologize. Just learned of this this past week. It's a Photobucket thing. They now want $40 per month to 3rd party host. So I'm looking for a different service. Most of my pictures are in Dropbox, but I can't get them to line up on these boards.

Mitsugirly's reviews/signature has several pictures and maps.

I apologize. Just learned of this this past week. It's a Photobucket thing. They now want $40 per month to 3rd party host. So I'm looking for a different service. Most of my pictures are in Dropbox, but I can't get them to line up on these boards.

Aww man, this sucks. I was just noticing this the other day too. I only host pictures on photobucket for things that are "odd" that I want to post and not necessarily something regarding a review I might be doing. I guess I'll have to host all of it on my smugmug site. Is there a way I can host your pictures and get them to you to use for it? Just wondering...I'm not sure if there's a way and never checked it out. Maybe I can download the pictures into a file with your name and you can go on there and download the pics and save them or use the links for yourself? Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Crewsweeper, I am working on creating a custom map with the most common beach clubs to share on the boards. Unfortunately Google doesn't have addresses for many of them. Would you mind looking at it and giving me approximate locations. If you zoom way in you will see other landmarks that I can use.

So far I have only found Blue Kay, Yaya Beach, Nohoch Kay, Maya Chan & Almaplena. Specifically I am looking for Tropicante, Barefoot Beach Club & any others that have been recommended on the board without cluttering it too much.

Thanks in advance. The link is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RBP1sk_l5eSnEleSv42FZt_rXR0&usp=sharing

Crewsweeper, I am working on creating a custom map with the most common beach clubs to share on the boards. Unfortunately Google doesn't have addresses for many of them. Would you mind looking at it and giving me approximate locations. If you zoom way in you will see other landmarks that I can use.

So far I have only found Blue Kay, Yaya Beach, Nohoch Kay, Maya Chan & Almaplena. Specifically I am looking for Tropicante, Barefoot Beach Club & any others that have been recommended on the board without cluttering it too much.

Thanks in advance. The link is:

Not sure if Crew will catch this posted here, so I will try and offer some suggestions.Have you gone into Crews expanded signature?

There is a list of the beach clubs in order, starting from the light house and walking south along the malecon. There used to be photos but there is a problem with hosting site. However you can do a "virtual walk" on google street view along the malecon. In addition Crew's signature lists road junctions in many cases which will give you a landmark. Another source, (although not always accurate!) is TripAdvisor reviews. HTH.

Not sure if Crew will catch this posted here, so I will try and offer some suggestions.Have you gone into Crews expanded signature?

There is a list of the beach clubs in order, starting from the light house and walking south along the malecon. There used to be photos but there is a problem with hosting site. However you can do a "virtual walk" on google street view along the malecon. In addition Crew's signature lists road junctions in many cases which will give you a landmark. Another source, (although not always accurate!) is TripAdvisor reviews. HTH.

Thanks, that was helpful.

OK, I created a map of beach clubs and other activities (including Mayan Ruins) mentioned in the Costa Maya forum posts. You can zoom out to see the ruins and zoom in to see the separate beach clubs. Let me know if I missed anything. I tried to keep the beach clubs to the ones mentioned most so it didn't get too cluttered. Hope this helps.

Edited by hawkman402

OK, I created a map of beach clubs and other activities (including Mayan Ruins) mentioned in the Costa Maya forum posts. You can zoom out to see the ruins and zoom in to see the separate beach clubs. Let me know if I missed anything. I tried to keep the beach clubs to the ones mentioned most so it didn't get too cluttered. Hope this helps.

I should add that exact locations of the beach clubs may be off by a block or so. I had to wing it since Google didn't have addresses for most of them.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking at Blue Kay for the afternoon, we are doing the Mayan ruins trip in the morning. I've read you can get a free day pass as long as you buy food and drink. How do you reserve this?

I was looking at blue Kay after reading mitsugirly review but their website now says 45$ per person for 4 hours open bar (on certain drinks) a snack, lounger and umbrella. We did maya chan last February, it was very nice but looking for something closer with beautiful water.

I was looking at blue Kay after reading mitsugirly review but their website now says 45$ per person for 4 hours open bar (on certain drinks) a snack, lounger and umbrella. We did maya chan last February, it was very nice but looking for something closer with beautiful water.

While I don't know 100%, I can tell you once they decided to offer a "package" (as above), I did contact them for the members on here that were concerned about it now being only an AI and they confirmed with me that it was just an option for those that wanted an AI with drinks. You did NOT have to purchase it and that you could still come as a PAYG and only the $5 fee, which included the chairs/umbrella/drink.

You could probably email them and confirm again. They have always been pretty good at getting back to me any time I have emailed. :)

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2013 at 9:03 PM, mitsugirly said:

Please, please, please, don't let me or anyone else distract you from booking whatever you want. You may go there and find that you love the place (as many do). Some just like hanging out by the ocean and being served food and relaxing. That makes a wonderful cruise port for them. I'm the total opposite. I love being active and if there's things to do I'm all for it or if I have to relax, I want it to look like paradise. 😄 If there's snorkeling, even better for me.

I just don't want you getting too excited about thinking it's one way and then it's really not what you expected. That's what happened to us when we went there.

Maya Chan is another place that comes highly recommended on here. It's an awesome place to go and hang out. They pamper you to no end and there's plenty to do there. However, it's a little ways down from these places and...once again, the water is sea grass and almost murky looking brown. That's the ONLY thing we didn't like about it.

We went to Almaplena, even further down and it was HEAVEN. It's the beautiful water you think about when you are in the Caribbean. Simply perfect.

PC170052-L.jpg

It is a 20 minute drive one way instead of the 5 minute drive to the Malecon. People who cruise with Carnival usually won't consider this place since they don't have as much time in Costa Maya as others.

How did you get to Almaplena? How much time did you get to spend there and still make it back to the ship? 

1 hour ago, MomSwag said:

How did you get to Almaplena? How much time did you get to spend there and still make it back to the ship? 

By cab and it was included in the price. The people at Almaplena paid the driver once we arrived. We spent the entire day there and didn't have any problems getting back to the port with time to spare. Just let them know when you want to go.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a quote from Almaplena for $85 ($45 beach pass + $40 transportation) for 2/15/19.  Is this in line with quotes that others have recently gotten?  Seems rather high. 

Maya Chan was already fully booked for the day I will be in port.  And I can't seem to figure out the Blue Kay website (can't find the option to change to English and not seeing the beach pass option).

6 hours ago, galliegirlie said:

I just got a quote from Almaplena for $85 ($45 beach pass + $40 transportation) for 2/15/19.  Is this in line with quotes that others have recently gotten?  Seems rather high. 

Maya Chan was already fully booked for the day I will be in port.  And I can't seem to figure out the Blue Kay website (can't find the option to change to English and not seeing the beach pass option).

I went to Blue Kay’s Facebook page and messaged them.  They told me $35 per person for 3 hour free bar and a couple options for free lunch.  That includes pads for the chairs.  The 3 hours starts when you get there.  They also offer snorkeling from a boat that cost $25 per person and takes about 90 minutes, that is offered every 2 hours starting at 9:00.  But you can snorkel from the beach.  She said a taxi to Blue Kay will cost $10 max and take about 5 minutes.  They don’t have lockers but will hold you stuff at the counter while we snorkel.

We are planning on going there.  If we don’t party to late after the Super Bowl our plan is to go snorkeling at 9:00 and staying until 2:30!!

There are a few videos on you tube if you want to check them out!!