Onboard C&A Coupons to go electronic on 7 ships beginning Oct. 1st

Loyal2RCCL

Hi "We're sailing away",

I noticed in your signature how many cruises you've been on....lucky you! May I ask which is your favourite cruise line and why if you don't mind. We're relatively new to cruising and trying to decide which cruise line is best.

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

I am not sun lover but the best cruise line is the one you are on NOW. We have about 500 days on different lines and they are all "mostly" good.

• 4 months later...

The one coupon we used consistently was the one for free internet minutes. In fact on one cruise, people were handing their internet coupons to us, because my husband was constantly using the internet to check for football scores, bowl picks, etc. The other cruisers decided it was easier to let my husband deal with the internet and look up their scores for them.

I'll miss being able to trade coupons with people - our photo coupons for their internet coupons, for example - but this may mean we actually use the other coupons available, since I won't have to remind DH to use them.

If you don't know what the coupons are for your C&A level, they should be listed on the back of a C&A welcome letter left in your room with other papers when you board. If you lose this (or don't receive it) you can also ask for a printout of these coupons from Guest Services.

This is a good idea, since my experience on Oasis in December was that they did NOT automatically apply these to your purchases (eg., free photo, bogo drinks, etc.) -- in fact, I was charged and had to ask to have the charges reversed that the coupon applied. Be aware!

This is a good idea, since my experience on Oasis in December was that they did NOT automatically apply these to your purchases (eg., free photo, bogo drinks, etc.) -- in fact, I was charged and had to ask to have the charges reversed that the coupon applied. Be aware!

I had the same bad experience on the Oasis in Jan. We get 2x free bags of wash with being D+...I was charged for both...had to make 4x trips to Guest Relations to clear it up.

Also went to get my free picture and was told I already got one when I didn't. The guy waiting on me didn't seem to believe but said he'd give it to me THIS time....like he was doing me a favor.

If RC is going to offer these 'discounts', they shouldn't make it such a hassle to them.

Edited by glendon3281

If you don't know what the coupons are for your C&A level, they should be listed on the back of a C&A welcome letter left in your room with other papers when you board. If you lose this (or don't receive it) you can also ask for a printout of these coupons from Guest Services.

I had the reverse experience with the drink coupons. Most servers asked first but a couple applied them to soda without asking me. It almost takes an act of Congress to get it reversed. That's the main reason I don't like the e-coupons. For me it's easier to keep track of the paper and apply them when I think of it.

Edited by critterchick