Reputable Shore Excursion Companies

danny8826

Hi,

I have asked a similar question in the main forum but people recommended that I try this forum for answers.

We had been to Florence and Pisa. We wanted to tour the surround areas. Do you know of a reputable shore excursions company that you can suggest/recommend for leaving out of Livorno?

Thank you.

Edited by danny8826

we used Rudy from Romecartours

Despite the name he also does tours from Livorno and Naples

We had Rudy himself from Rome and his colleagues from Livorno and Naples but he rang us personally at the end of the tour to make sure we were satisfied

We have actually used his company on 2 cruises

Livorno first time we toured the surrounding countryside and visited Siena San Gimigiano and a winery

If you just read down the board, you will see Rome in Limo gets literally thousands of positive comments. There is good reason for that.

actually I contacted Romeinlimo based on that long list of recommendations and wasn't impressed with their response.

Because my husband has walking difficulties I asked for recommendations on minimising walking-their response was the least helpful of several companies I contacted

There are several companies getting good reviews on these boards. My advice is to contact several of them and go with the one which best fits your needs

Hi,

I have asked a similar question in the main forum but people recommended that I try this forum for answers.

We had been to Florence and Pisa. We wanted to tour the surround areas. Do you know of a reputable shore excursions company that you can suggest/recommend for leaving out of Livorno?

Thank you.

I posted something on a similar thread about an amazing tour we did of the wine region around Lucca. We went with Romeinlimo and I arranged 2 different vineyards and they arranged their favorite. We toured the Montecarlo wine road. It was definitely the highlight of that cruise. The town of Montecarlo was very adorable. We also stopped in Lucca for coffee and a short visit. I highly suggest this tour if you've already done Pisa and Florence. It was just incredible. AND we weren't in a van all day either! :)

Hi,

Thank you.

I STRONGLY recommend Stefano, owner of Rome Cabs. & StefanoRomeTours. Both dot com. Have arranged tours with him for myself and groups on multiple cruises. Rome, Florence & San Gimignano, Naples, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi Coast & Pompeii. My daughter who is a world geography teacher said that those tours were the best days of her life.

High recommendation !! Check out his web site.

Hi,

Thank you.

Last October we used Shore Excursions in Italy dot net. This fantastic company made our trip so memorable. We used them for Pisa-Florence- Tuscan countryside/ Rome / Pompeii- Positano-Sorrento. Don't hesitate to check out the website.

Hi,

Thank you.

In May, we used Simona with Travel Tuscany for Cruise. She was born, raised, and currently resides in Livorno, so she is very knowledgeable of the town and the surrounding Tuscany region. During our tour of Pisa and Florence, she offered to take us through the Tuscan vineyards, so I'm sure she can make suggestions for you. Her email is SimonaBagnoli@gmail.com. She drives a new, clean Mercedes van and offers free wifi. Her English is good as well.

Also, have you considered visiting Lucca? It's a popular destination after Pisa and Florence.

We used Italy Limousine for multiple stops in Rome. My mom has mobility issues so she did not get off in every stop. She had been to many of the ports but she picked the things she wanted to see again. Our drivers were great and spent time with her while we were running to see something. Josephine was very helpful in planning what we could do from our wish list.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...

We were on the Celebrity Constellation and one of our ports of call was to stop at Livorno on Nov 25, 2013. We had previously been to Florence and Pisa in April 2013, so we were looking to do something else this time. We contacted the tour company that we used in April, Driver in Rome, and they suggested that we do an all day tour (9) hours visiting the medieval towns of San Gimignano and Volterra. It was a wonderful day.

Driver in Rome was flawless from the first email to reserve the tours, to the last email to say Thank you. The booking process was very easy and Daniele, Emily and Oana never tired of my many emails with adding more people on to the tour or my many emails asking new questions. They were always prompt with their reply and very accommodating to my requests. No money was due at the time of booking, money was due on the day of the tour, payment in Euros. Our driver/guide, Gianmaria (John) met us at the ship as we disembarked. The vehicles were top of the line, roomy, clean and perfectly climate controlled. John had a head set that he spoke to us through allowing everyone to be able to hear him perfectly. While visiting the sites, John was very informative and patient on answering all our questions and never rushed us as we took our many photos. We asked to stop for lunch and John recommended a restaurant in Volterra, Don Beta that was so delicious and very reasonable. He allowed us to take our time eating and chatting and never put pressure on us that we had to move along. He moved when he knew we were ready to move. It was such a relaxed tour and such a treat that we could actually take our time and really look and enjoy the views that were in front us. What is nice about San Gimignano and Volterra, it is a piece of history that you are viewing, but you are actually experiencing people still living, working and shopping there. The shopping was wonderful and the views were unforgettable. It is amazing that something from so far back in time, still exists today. It was a wonderful suggestion, we loved the tour.

Driver in Rome had us back to the ship in plenty of time. There was never a worry about missing our vessel. When we left our driver, it was like leaving a friend that you had known for some time.

For a more detailed review, please visit my website link listed below:

https://constellationtransatlantic.shutterfly.com/livornotour1