Breakaway Pools.....Are They heated?

dongordon

The pools have been heated on every Norwegian ship I have ever sailed, so I would think that it is safe to expect the pools on the Breakaway to be heated as well.

:)

Barbara....

I know that because I have been in them, but you never know with new ships. Sometimes, they change things a little. :)

Just hoping this is not one of them. It could be very cold water for me in January on the first day at sea! :D

Don

Now that people are sailing out of NYC on the Breakaway with some chilly weather,

I was wondering if anyone noticed if the pools are heated.

I know that the hot tubs are always heated.

Thanks.

Don

Highly unlikely that the pools on the Breakaway are not heated.

Can you imagine the reviews and all the complaints!

:)

Barbara....

I know that because I have been in them, but you never know with new ships. Sometimes, they change things a little. :)

Just hoping this is not one of them. It could be very cold water for me in January on the first day at sea! :D

Don

A very valid point, and a change I certainly hope they never make. Considering the ship is designed to sail from NY year round, it would be a very foolish cutback! :eek:

They were not heated on the Sept. 8 sailing.

Was it warm enough outdoors that heating wasn't necessary? Also, I'm curious, did they broadcast the temperature of all the pools on the TV?

When I was on the Gem and the Jewel, the pools were heated when I went cruising on both in the winter leaving from NYC.

I did not notice that until the second day at sea and I met someone who told me he was in the pool the first day at sea.

It is not very warm, but warm enough to swim. It was certainly not the freezing temperature of the ocean in the winter. :)

Don

A very valid point, and a change I certainly hope they never make. Considering the ship is designed to sail from NY year round, it would be a very foolish cutback! :eek:

Was it warm enough outdoors that heating wasn't necessary? Also, I'm curious, did they broadcast the temperature of all the pools on the TV?

It was warm enough so heating was not necessary. Not sure about the broadcast on TV. I never noticed, but also wasn't looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Archived