RE: Hand me down princess ships!!

I too feel there should be more availability to embark ships in different ports.

If you look at Cunards 2014 itineraries in Australia for all three of their ships they have an option to embark their ships from Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and they're selling like hotcakes.

Princess will allow us to board a ship in Brisbane that originated from Sydney BUT we have to pay the fare from Sydney. They will not discount the two days less.

As I've said on another thread when you have to add flights to cruises within your own country it adds quite considerably to the cost whole trip.

Sometimes makes it more worthwhile to fly overseas rather than cruise domestically.

Jill:)

I too feel there should be more availability to embark ships in different ports.

If you look at Cunards 2014 itineraries in Australia for all three of their ships they have an option to embark their ships from Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and they're selling like hotcakes.

Princess will allow us to board a ship in Brisbane that originated from Sydney BUT we have to pay the fare from Sydney. They will not discount the two days less.

As I've said on another thread when you have to add flights to cruises within your own country it adds quite considerably to the cost whole trip.

Sometimes makes it more worthwhile to fly overseas rather than cruise domestically.

Totally agree with this!!!

That is why I am searching for cruises overseas now. More value for money even taking into account the airfare. Especially when you don't live in Sydney because you have to buy an airfare no matter what.

and still a nice looking ship by all accounts. Its a shame it is operating out of Brisbane. It still qualifies as a hand-me-down but it is one ship we were lucky to get that has not been recycled a few times.

We were on Regal Princess's last cruise, LA to Sydney, August/Sept, 2007, before she went onto Singapore for 6 week refit as Pacific Dawn. Regal was a lovely ship. We almost did not make it to Sydney, 15 metre seas off bottom of NZ, knocked her around.

i had a look at prices for the QM2 for 23 days going around OZ next feb $11,000 for 2 people for an inside....bit out of our price range....we'll have to do it on princess or rcl, much cheaper

i had a look at prices for the QM2 for 23 days going around OZ next feb $11,000 for 2 people for an inside....bit out of our price range....we'll have to do it on princess or rcl, much cheaper

Keep a watch out for any specials that just might come along before then....:D:D

We have "done" Cunard cheaper than Princess before .

Dont forget those ships are a lot bigger these days and take a lot of filling. Not everyone can ,or wants to pay , the full brochure price.:D

I still cannot believe the big prices being charged for World Cruises on the Aussie Princess ships, i.e. next year - Dawn Princess, Balcony $32,000, they have to be kidding, that is $64,000 for two. Ocean views are $27000 and Insides $18500. Suites and Mini Suites are sold out, the bank robbers must have bought those. LOL.

I still cannot believe the big prices being charged for World Cruises on the Aussie Princess ships, i.e. next year - Dawn Princess, Balcony $32,000, they have to be kidding, that is $64,000 for two. Ocean views are $27000 and Insides $18500. Suites and Mini Suites are sold out, the bank robbers must have bought those. LOL.

With house prices the way they are , those cruise prices are cheap. Lots of folk are selling out to those who can pay the outgoings on a big mortgage, are down sizing and pocketing and spending the difference before they get sent off to a rest home.

You must also realise that there are many , many folk who have more than those amounts sitting in their superannution accounts and choose to borrow against it , and spend it now.

With house prices the way they are , those cruise prices are cheap. Lots of folk are selling out to those who can pay the outgoings on a big mortgage, are down sizing and pocketing and spending the difference before they get sent off to a rest home.

You must also realise that there are many , many folk who have more than those amounts sitting in their superannution accounts and choose to borrow against it , and spend it now.

Fair comment David, I like to SKI myself, but you have to admit over $600 per diem for a couple in a cabin on Dawn Princess is expensive cruising.

It sure does Jill, our 26 nights on Arcadia inside cabin, plus air Mel/Lax via Hnl for 2 nights has costed out at $2474.00pp ..... that total doesn't buy much here anymore. cheers Shiona

Archived