who's cruising?

sprint180

Just wondering....

Do men cruise solo or just women usually. No, I am not trying to hook up with someone. My husband and I were talking last night and it sounds like mostly a woman thing. I can't see my dh going solo on any vacation especially a cruise.

If you read through some of the threads you'll find that there are a lot of women but there are men also (of all ages).

It may not be you hubby's thing. But there are people that have said the same thing then they find themselves single and still want to cruise so decide to go single.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. Some people cruise solo because they have to. Lots of people though do it by choice and prefer to travel alone.

Just wondering....

Do men cruise solo or just women usually. No, I am not trying to hook up with someone. My husband and I were talking last night and it sounds like mostly a woman thing. I can't see my dh going solo on any vacation especially a cruise.

I think there are more women cruising solo, but I met several men cruising solo on my last voyage (Crystal transatlantic, about 10% of passengers were solo on that voyage). In the very unscientific study, I would say it was about 20/80 male/female.......In general, I think men are less likely to do anything solo, and that includes vacations.

I'm a male and married and cruise solo. My wife does not care to cruise for more than a few days at a time so she's OK with me taking longer voyages. We've been married for 46 years and she knows I wouldn't do anything stupid.

Don

I'm a male. And of the cruises noted in my signature below, all but one were "solo."

My own guess about the situation is that more men likely have experience traveling alone on business, and therefore don't see traveling solo as a big deal (justifying posts in a public forum, etc.).

Just my view. :-)

I think there are more women cruising solo, but I met several men cruising solo on my last voyage (Crystal transatlantic, about 10% of passengers were solo on that voyage). In the very unscientific study, I would say it was about 20/80 male/female.......In general, I think men are less likely to do anything solo, and that includes vacations.

I am male and have always traveled solo. I think the 20/80 mix may be off as I have met almost as many males traveling solo as I have female. I think a 40/60 mix might be a little closer to the correct mix, but that is just my experience.

As far as your generalization that men are less likely to do anything solo, including vacations, that may just be from your experiences. Either that or they may be doing things solo that perhaps most females would not enjoy doing, so they don't realize they are doing things solo. Male or female, we all enjoy different things, and from time to time we enjoy doing the same things. Happy Sailing, I know you enjoy it, and so do I.

Archived