Sydney Airport shuttle bus??

There appear to be many shuttle and taxi companies at the airport.

Is it vital to book in advance?

Who is recommended as I see some are not?

We arrive from Cairns mid afternoon mid February and need to get to the Castlereagh Hotel on Castlereagh Street.

Cost cab v shuttle please?

As the OP for this thread -- I originally asked the question because we wanted to get from the airport to our hotel in the Sydney CBD. We were travelling with my SIL who is not able to walk very far for medical reasons - so when we got to the airport and saw how far away we had to walk to get to the shuttle pick up point, we decided instead to just get the train from the airport terminal. In retrospect, I don't know which was further to walk to -- but anyway, the train journey into the city was fine-- easy, quick and about the same price as the shuttle.

Barry

As the OP for this thread -- I originally asked the question because we wanted to get from the airport to our hotel in the Sydney CBD. We were travelling with my SIL who is not able to walk very far for medical reasons - so when we got to the airport and saw how far away we had to walk to get to the shuttle pick up point, we decided instead to just get the train from the airport terminal. In retrospect, I don't know which was further to walk to -- but anyway, the train journey into the city was fine-- easy, quick and about the same price as the shuttle.

Barry

A taxi may have been easier next time.:D

A taxi may have been easier next time.:D

Probably -- however many people have phobias. Some have them regarding heights - some have them regarding being at sea - etc. :)

Mine is for taxi drivers. :(

Barry

Probably -- however many people have phobias. Some have them regarding heights - some have them regarding being at sea - etc. :)

Barry

I must admit, I have them in the same group as politicians and real estate agents and car salesmen.:D

Barry

Don't blame you. They are very scary when you get a bad one, and that seems to be happening more often these days. Some of the people on trains scare me a bit too though.....

Hi All,

I definetly booked on the day I arrived and I am fairly sure it was with the skybus service , it was all organised through the travel concierge desk where you collect your luggage. I'm fairly sure it was the skybus, as I remember being suprised at the time that the sky bus service in sydney was not wheelchair accessable, and that they used smaller shuttles, compared to the large coach bus used in melbourne that is wheelchair accessable.

Hope that helps.

cheers maree

Can you advise if this service and travel concierge is available at the International terminal? thank you fro any help you can give me

Muriel