Voyager 5-Day Bermuda: Which dinner seating--early or late?

We will be going on this cruise at the end of August...right now our big decision is telling our TA our dinner preference. This is our first cruise and FIRST vacation without the children (3)!!! It has been 11 years since we have had a vacation alone!! We can't wait!!

At first, we were convinced that we would prefer the early seating...then we could enjoy after dinner shows, etc.

Now, we are leaning to the later seating...would not have to rush back in from port...as time in Bermuda is limited anyway. Do many people stay in Bermuda into the early evening hours? Or, just get back to the ship.

Many have said the later is more relaxed, intimate, less children (do not get me wrong--we love kids. I honestly believe that if we were seated at the same table with a family with kids that I would feel like the biggest crumb for not bringing ours!!!! Very guilty!!)

So I am asking those who have been on this cruise...how did your seating work out? If you had the late seating, did they have early or late shows for you? By having the early seating, did you miss watching sailing away from port? I've read where some have requested a table for two--was this an option for this cruise?

Does anyone have a pointer for the Compass ( that's the daily onboard itinerary, right?) for a day on this cruise or an example of it?

How many formal nights were there?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

MTIA

HelloChum

We just got back from VOS Bermuda on 7/1. We did the early seating, as we had our daughter with us--no problems. If we were by ourselves, we porb would have done the later seating. We did not miss the sail away--after we went under the Verrazano, we went to dinner--no problems. there is one formal night, the first full day at sea. Also, lobster nite is th efrist nite in Bermuda so don't miss it. You're gonna have a great time--wish I could go back with you guys!:D

Thanks for your reply...BTW, I read and enjoyed the review of your cruise!

Do you think that if you had done the later seating it would have posed any issues for any of the shows or evening events?

Thanks!

HelloChum

We have always tried to have the late seating. When we were weighing the postive and negatives of both we decided that getting more time at a port, pool, nap, etc. were more enjoyable than eating early. Besides, you could always grab a snack at the buffet or order room service sandwiches if your hungry early.

Enjoy your trip

Tillie:)

Archived