Magic first cruise cancelled

DISNEY FANTASY

Yipes - so sorry to hear that! My guess would be that these folks got only several days of notice regarding the cancellation, whereas in your case the travel is not until 2014 so there is time to make different travel plans? Still, it is quite frustrating, and tough when you need to plan your vacation in advance. Do you think you could do the trip on your own without Disney? Or with a different travel company? Perhaps an alternative trip. Hope so. Good luck!

Thanks for your good thoughts.:) We already booked a similar trip with Tauck. and dropped $14,000.00 on them. It does amaze me the arrogance that ABD has developed just in the fact that they are so sure in their product that ABD can assume the strength of the name will guarantee people will return no matter how they treat returning guests. Loyalty is the highest characteristic which brands spend millions to develop and cultivate and when a company disregards a loyal customer like this it drives them to a competitor with whom they will be loyal in the future. Just in our case because we have traveled with Tauck before, Tauck gave us a free pre-night hotel (a $715.00 value ) in a first class hotel. And the base price is less expensive than ABD. ;)

Anyone notice how there has been no official statement from DCL on any of their websites or social media. They were counting down the relaunch of Magic on twitter everyday until Oct 16, then nothing since then.

We are booked on the 2 night cruise sailing Oct 25th. A - I hope it is going to happen and B - I hope the ship is finished and were not delayed or find some venues not operational. With less than 48 hours onboard, we want to get as much done as possible.

Anyone notice how there has been no official statement from DCL on any of their websites or social media. They were counting down the relaunch of Magic on twitter everyday until Oct 16, then nothing since then.

We are booked on the 2 night cruise sailing Oct 25th. A - I hope it is going to happen and B - I hope the ship is finished and were not delayed or find some venues not operational. With less than 48 hours onboard, we want to get as much done as possible.

Yes its a bit of an embarrassment and I do not think the *bad weather* story actually holds water? They knew they bit off too much on that short dry dock. So they want to play this one down as much as possible. They might have been held up a bit by weather but this seems a bit more, photos show a lot of work on top pool decks and staterooms.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I'm a little concerned about what my VGT cabin is going to be on the Magic for the November 10 sailing. I am now wondering if they are going to assign the best cabins to the ones who rebooked their trip from the canceled cruise....

We will see

I also have a VGT sailing this Friday (Oct 25), still no room assignment.

I'm a little concerned about what my VGT cabin is going to be on the Magic for the November 10 sailing. I am now wondering if they are going to assign the best cabins to the ones who rebooked their trip from the canceled cruise....

We will see

I doubt this is true and this is also part of the risk you took by booking a VGT. You gave Disney permission to put you anywhere.

"Magic first cruise cancelled"

Deja-Vu

Just as when she was first launched' date=' and even after this relaunch the great lady Magic is being "fashionably late"![/quote']

Great minds and all that! ;)

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie