Advice re once in a lifetime Alaskan cruise

Pushka

Hi Pushka - I am an Aussie... We have done our "once in a lifetime" trip to Alaska and are currently planning to go again in 2015:). At present our plans are to fly to Vancouver via Honolulu stopover, cruise on the Coral Princess to Anchorage which arrives on a Wednesday, then hire an RV for just over 2 weeks and then cruise back on either Radiance of the Seas (Friday) or the Star Princess (Saturday). We will also revisit the area of Banff / Lake Louise & Jasper either before or after the cruise.

The first time we went we did a guided Canadian 12 night tour / 7 day cruise (Diamond Princess cruise went to Tracy Arm, not Glacier Bay) - it was amazing, but this time we'd like to do Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay and get to see more of Alaska as that is the main reason for our trip.

In Canada if the budget can stretch - the Rocky Mountaineer trip is amazing! Unfortunately we won't be doing it this time.:mad::mad:

Good luck with your planning!

Thankyou everyone and yep, I'll be back with questions.

So here is my first one (after booking that is. :p)

Does it matter very much that this particular cabin is uncovered? I know there is the aft covered balcony right next door. Just wondering if I should move to the one next to it (still available) and which is covered.

I think I will stick with the B2B option on Coral given that on the Southbound it does the Hubbard Glacier. We plan to do the Rocky Mountaineer along with the Brewster icefields stop over near Banff.