Small cabanas on the cay - Great Stirrup Cay

limeyalchemist

they know how many are allowed in the Cabanas, they are NCL crew employees

after we were in our cabana for about 1/2 hr they came around and asked to see your excusing ticket for the Cabana, so be sure to bring it with you from the ship, you will get it delivered the night before you get to the island. Everybody in your Cabana will get a wristband to put on to show that you belong in the cabana, hope this helps.

they know how many are allowed in the Cabanas, they are NCL crew employees

after we were in our cabana for about 1/2 hr they came around and asked to see your excusing ticket for the Cabana, so be sure to bring it with you from the ship, you will get it delivered the night before you get to the island. Everybody in your Cabana will get a wristband to put on to show that you belong in the cabana, hope this helps.

No that's not what I was asking,my question was about the tender and booking only showing one person in the cabin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah ok sorry, just have everybody that is going to join you in your cabana meet you when you are going on your tender, then you will all go together, if somebody ask just tell them you have a small cabana, and with that you have priority boarding for everyone in you party.....they know, they do it every time they go to GSC no worries ,and enjoy the Cabanas, they are really great .

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our trip aboard MSC Divina and reserved a large cabana on GSC. When we reserved our cabana there were only two of us on the reservation. Once we boarded the ship, we immediately went to our concierge and had requested cabana #1. The night before we were due to arrive at GSC, we were pleasantly surprised to have received cabana #1. Once we arrived on the island, we were told to pick up our tickets for the cabana at the information hut. Our reservation was only for two people, but along the way we had added our cousins and nephew, along with a family of 4 from Manchester England we had met on the ship. Our group went from 2 to now 9 and the folks in the hut never blinked an eye and handed us 9 wrist bands.

Since this was our first time to GSC, we didn't know what to expect. Having the cabana with the refrigerator, hammock, floaties, and most of all, the privacy away from the masses on the beach,,really made this stop very enjoyable for all of us!!

I'd like to thank those of you in this thread and the others I have read for recommending cabana #1,,,we're definitely reserving this one again for our sailing back there in April!!!

• 4 months later...

Why do the prices of the cabanas fluctuate? I can find many different prices. This I copied off the NCL site.

Small Cabana on the Cay - All Day

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas Tour Code: NPI_40

Your private cabana holding up to six guests offers the seclusion of Fiesta Beach and relaxing views of Bertram's Cove. Each cabana includes all the amenities required for a relaxing day at the beach. Once you have settled in, munch on chips and salsa, fresh tropical fruit and complimentary bottled water. Enjoy the sea on a complimentary floating mat, plus a $50 credit toward food and beverages while on the Cay.

Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Cabana rental is good up to 6 persons, with the ability to add up to two additional guests for $25 per person. Cabana rental includes up to 4 complimentary floating mats. The small cabanas are located on Fiesta Beach, west of Cabana Beach. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana. Prices are seasonal.

Activity Level 1

Adults from

Children from

Approximate Duration

Tour Features

$199* $199*

Hi the reason you will see price difference has to do with what ship you are on.I know it coast more for the Breakaway then with the Gem, and that is because of the amount of pax on the ships and how much more work goes into it such as loading and unloading provisions while on the Island more pax more work more money.....it also has to do with the time of year.....and if the Cabanas are being booked or not.....I think the price goes down as the cruise gets closer to sailing day. I think it is very unlikely that there are any Cabanas left closer to sailing date, but you just never know. These are some of the reasons for the price difference. Hope that helps. We love the Cabanas and book them as soon as possible.

What are the chances these will still be available when we board? Would love to get one but the small ones at now 349.00 for our cruise. I would do it if I could use the 200 OBC we have towards it.

I think changes are very slim, they go very fast, and are worth every penny

Hi the reason you will see price difference has to do with what ship you are on.I know it coast more for the Breakaway then with the Gem, and that is because of the amount of pax on the ships and how much more work goes into it such as loading and unloading provisions while on the Island more pax more work more money.....it also has to do with the time of year.....and if the Cabanas are being booked or not.....I think the price goes down as the cruise gets closer to sailing day. I think it is very unlikely that there are any Cabanas left closer to sailing date, but you just never know. These are some of the reasons for the price difference. Hope that helps. We love the Cabanas and book them as soon as possible.

It just seems odd that other cruise lines have fixed rates but NCL varies the cost of the cabanas. The cabanas do not change nor does what you receive but they charge more for larger ships. HMMMMMM...............

Hi Pat & Mike

Hope all is well, nice to see that picture, brings back great memories and warmth in this cold weather :) hope you made it alright with this last storm.

Hi Marion,

Pat & I will be back on the Gem April 24th of this year. We will be celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary while we are on GSC. I have already booked a small cabana. I am going to try and get the same one we had last year.

I hope Ben's surgery went well. So I see you retired Dec 18th. ENJOY.

As far as the so called blizzard, we got about a foot of snow.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Hi Mike that is going to be a nice anniversary, perfect. We are not going until May 30th this time with adults kids and also booked a small Cabana again, also going to try to get the same one.

Ben's surgery's??? hmmm not so well he had 3 within a matter of 3 weeks (Doc messed it up) but he is getting around.

You guys have a blast and glad you made it though the "Blizzard" 6" for us lol:)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We were just there a few weeks ago and I would guess around 20 cabanas. We are going to be there in January and they want $419 for the small and $471 for the large for the day we are there. It just isn't worth that kind of money for us. We have been on Royal Caribbean and their cabanas in Labadee are bigger, nicer and far more private. Not to mention most of them have stairs directly into the water. The NCL cabanas are fairly distant from the waters edge. The Royal Caribbean cabanas are a fixed price and no where near the price NCL is asking. $299 is the max I would consider for the small NCL cabana. I see that some mentioned the price sometimes goes down. Anyone able to confirm this happens? If so I might keep an eye on them for the next few weeks.

We were just there a few weeks ago and I would guess around 20 cabanas. We are going to be there in January and they want $419 for the small and $471 for the large for the day we are there. It just isn't worth that kind of money for us. We have been on Royal Caribbean and their cabanas in Labadee are bigger, nicer and far more private. Not to mention most of them have stairs directly into the water. The NCL cabanas are fairly distant from the waters edge. The Royal Caribbean cabanas are a fixed price and no where near the price NCL is asking. $299 is the max I would consider for the small NCL cabana. I see that some mentioned the price sometimes goes down. Anyone able to confirm this happens? If so I might keep an eye on them for the next few weeks.

We paid $299 last May and reserved one for

May 2016 for $349 and this was for the small

ones.... We love them but not sure if we would

spend more then that . You do get a $ 50.00

Food Credit . I didn't think they were that far

from the water

Marion

• 9 months later...

I'm sailing on the Epic from March 18th-25th....the prices right now for the cabanas are $449 for small and $499 for the large :(

We are still a little under 6 months out so I'm hoping they come down in price as that's a little crazy...

We are sailing with 2 other couples...just wondering if I book one now and the price goes down...could I cancel and rebook at the cheaper price?

• 1 month later...

going to surprise DH with a small cabana for our April trip on the breakaway! We have gone to other Islands and has said why didn't we get one of those? so this time we will! We have 15 YO AND 13 YO how far from the water are they? Are your names on the cabana ie reserved for the _____Family? can you request one when you book and if so I like to be near things like the bathroom and Bar LOL which one would be good for that? any other tips would be awesome thanks

going to surprise DH with a small cabana for our April trip on the breakaway! We have gone to other Islands and has said why didn't we get one of those? so this time we will! We have 15 YO AND 13 YO how far from the water are they? Are your names on the cabana ie reserved for the _____Family? can you request one when you book and if so I like to be near things like the bathroom and Bar LOL which one would be good for that? any other tips would be awesome thanks

Good choice,we love the small Cananas, they are close

to the water, I have a bad knee and had no issues walking

down to the water ( bring watershoes) a bit rocky at first.

No names on the Cabanas, they will assign one to you

and it will be on your excursion ticket when they deliver

them to your cabin.

The Cabanas are close to the bathroom ( behind the Cabanas)

and not far to walk. The Bar is also close by. There is a tram that will take

you to the Cabanas, and it comes around often.

Enjoy your cruise and the Cabana.

I always try to get #11, when you get on board, go to

the excursion desk and ask to see if they could get you

#11. ( you just never know) so far we have been lucky!

11 is right by the restrooms ( no you don't see them or

smell them lol) and stone throw from the Bar .

Marion

• 11 months later...

The almost $600 was NOT worth the money. My husband and I got one since this trip was our honeymoon, and I thought it would be nice. Our cabana person who was supposed to take our drink orders never brought our drinks and disappeared for the rest of the day. We had to go get our drinks from the bar where we had to stand on line for 45 minutes and be yelled at by a rude bartender. Our food busser started hounding us every 5 minutes around 2:15. "Can i take those cheeses in the fridge?" "Are you done with the fruit? Can I take?" We weren't done and still had 2 hours and I told him so, but EVERY 5 MINUTES he'd return. I finally barked, "Just take all of it! We weren't finished and I've told you that 3 times, but TAKE IT." At 3:30 some cleaning people were standing around staring at us like we needed to leave. It was so infuriating.

There are plenty of loungers, a free buffet, and if your server disappears you'll be waiting at the bar for drinks. I may as well have lit that $600 on fire. Most of the cruise was a massive disappointment, but the private cabana was the biggest. Maybe with a large group of people you'll have fun and not notice, but we wanted to hang away from people, relax, read, swim in the ocean at our leisure and not have to deal with the crowds for a day. We didn't get that.

• 2 months later...