Elation Drydock?

toddsmom

Last drydock: 10/22/11-11/05/11

Next drydock: 9/25/14-10/09/14

Specifics regarding this two week drydock unspecified, but I can imagine that most of the normal things will happen, new carpet, tile, repainting of the under-water portion of the hull, cleaning and maintenance on the Azipods (one of the few ships in Carnival's fleet that has these). Most of the upgrades will be remodel of some bars and other items that they have shown that they can do in two weeks (maybe add features, even rooms or balconies, but no major structural changes).

Last drydock: 10/22/11-11/05/11

Next drydock: 9/25/14-10/09/14

Specifics regarding this two week drydock unspecified, but I can imagine that most of the normal things will happen, new carpet, tile, repainting of the under-water portion of the hull, cleaning and maintenance on the Azipods (one of the few ships in Carnival's fleet that has these). Most of the upgrades will be remodel of some bars and other items that they have shown that they can do in two weeks (maybe add features, even rooms or balconies, but no major structural changes).

Thank you!!!

• 7 months later...

Thinking of going on her again in 2015...was hoping for some room updates. Closet doors wouldn't close so they would bang together sometimes during rough seas, no sink stopper, worn carpet... Nothing that ruined our trip in any way, just needs a little TLC.

Edited by noahsark99
Oops...wrong ship

Thinking of going on her again in 2015...was hoping for some room updates. Closet doors wouldn't close so they would bang together sometimes during rough seas, no sink stopper, worn carpet... Nothing that ruined our trip in any way, just needs a little TLC.

would lov see them add a few balcony's. i lov the ship just miss my balcony.

JH didn't announce the Freedom upgrades until about a week before it actually went into the shipyard. Carnival is inexplicably keeping a lid on these things. Other than SAS, Freedom didn't get anything spectacular. I'm not sure what their reasoning is for that, other than to create manufactured drama.

I'm considering at least one, possibly two, cruises on the Elation in the months after the scheduled drydock and would like to have some idea whether there will be any significant changes to food options or the verandah deck children's pool/sports area. I'm totally fine with maintenance and no real changes, I'd just like to know.

• 2 months later...

Just off the Elation today and none of the dept heads knew what the changes are to be. There was a group of electrician onboard this week running new cables and wiring for updating the fire alarm system and they told us the big back up generator that sits on one of the aft decks will be moved inside. But other than that no news. The heads seemed as frustrated as anyone, but we will see when we get back in October, I guess.

I'm considering at least one, possibly two, cruises on the Elation in the months after the scheduled drydock and would like to have some idea whether there will be any significant changes to food options or the verandah deck children's pool/sports area. I'm totally fine with maintenance and no real changes, I'd just like to know.

I'm on it in December and I'm expecting very little in the way of additions. Maybe they'll go crazy and update the waterworks area.....maybe.

Some sprucing up of public areas, maybe changing some TV's and some behind the scenes stuff.

I have to think if there was going to be much for the masses we would have heard about it.

Carnival Elation

Previous Dry-Dock: 2011 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2014

Notes: As of July 18, 2014, Go CCL is showing 9/25/14 - 10/09/14 as the dates for the Carnival Elation's dry-dock. There is no official information available at this time about the work that the ship will undergo in dry-dock.

• 1 month later...
Carnival Elation

Previous Dry-Dock: 2011 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2014

Notes: As of July 18, 2014, Go CCL is showing 9/25/14 - 10/09/14 as the dates for the Carnival Elation's dry-dock. There is no official information available at this time about the work that the ship will undergo in dry-dock.

Now carnival shows the last sailing as 9/15/2014 so that would be an extra 5 days in dry dock