Pre pay or not..

Anthonysyne

I'm about to go on Radiance of the seas in February from Sydney and was wondering if I pre pay my gratuities I'm up for about $500 2 adults 2 kids, if I choose to pay at the end of the cruise will I save money cause I'm off the ship for 6 of the days or does it still work out the same either way...

I believe I loose my, my time dining this way though...

Not sure what you mean by : "I'm off the ship for 6 of the days". Are your referring to port days? If so, your gratuities are the same amount for port days and sea days.

Regardless, the amount of gratuities is the same whether you pre-pay them or pay them on board. If you select "My Time" dining you are required to pre-pay them.

We love pre-paying our gratuities.

When we sail, we only have to put on our sea pass account what we want, not what is required.

Having done 5 cruises we kinda know what to expect and love not having a big balance on the account when the vacation is over.

Sea Ya

I'm the opposite and never pre pay. There is always money in the bank to pay whatever the bill but it stays in the bank or investments making me money up till the point I need to pay it.

$500 earning 3% interest for six months will make only $7.50. Not much of a return.

I prefer to pre pay when I book to get it over with. The convenience of not having it added to my almost always larger than expected balance at the end of the cruise is worth the pocket change I lose by paying it early.

I'm about to go on Radiance of the seas in February from Sydney and was wondering if I pre pay my gratuities I'm up for about $500 2 adults 2 kids, if I choose to pay at the end of the cruise will I save money cause I'm off the ship for 6 of the days or does it still work out the same either way...

I believe I loose my, my time dining this way though...

yiou do not get a discount for port days.. it is the same price whether you pre pay before boarding or have it added daily. the only way I would justify not prerpaying is to use on board credit to pay them. but we like prepaying no matter what dining option we get and we use OBC to cover the bar tab...

yiou do not get a discount for port days.. it is the same price whether you pre pay before boarding or have it added daily. the only way I would justify not prerpaying is to use on board credit to pay them. but we like prepaying no matter what dining option we get and we use OBC to cover the bar tab...

To be clear for the OP, if you choose MTD, you have to prepay your gratuities - that would be the only option with that. And your OBC would not be applied to your gratuities then. You have the choice of daily on board charges for gratuities v. pre paying with early or late seating only, to which the OBC could then be applied.

Archived