Halloween Cruise: Carnival Fascination Review & Pics-10/28/13 Sailing to LSC & Nassau

All4fun&fun4all

This is, as always, a great review, Nancy.

I didn't know anything about the distillery. Next time I'm in Nassau (and not solo), I'll hike up there. Maybe you can be my tour guide. I promise I won't lag behind. :p

Thanks. I cant wait til I get to the LSC part! I am waiting for my MiFi hotspot to charge and then I will continue.

I would be glad to be your tour guide but be aware that my friends were calling me Drill Sergeant before it was all over. I am looking at a May cruise possibly. May 6th is LSC and Nassau...you should come with!

So want to cruise with you. You are much fun. I would join you in all your activities. Would you consider the May 3, 2014 Fascination 7 day cruise:)? Loving the review :cool:

Cool! Someone who would play along. I would love to go on a 7 day but I think I will be going on Fantasy on May 6th. Maybe some other time. :)

And now for more review!!!!!

The walk back to Senor Frogs was relatively painless and we found a spot overlooking all the ships and looked over the menu. I just wanted to order one drink since I was drinking on the beach and I knew I didnt want to be one of those that got hammered and missed the ship.

I have always wanted to take a picture in this chair. It's really difficult to climb up there. Well, it was for me.

490_zpsc767bbca.jpg

So expensive. Which one to choose?

AE3AF803_zpsac0c9a97.jpg

I stopped off into the ladies room after I ordered my cocktail and as I was washing my hands, I noticed this in the mirror.

495_zps5af32e75.jpg

What....the....

496_zps5ed5d304.jpg

Sufficiently creeped out

497_zps1cc0ec69.jpg

I told Nikki about it and she said that if you lift his loin cloth then an alarm should go off somewhere. Good to know.

Then I took this picture because I havent done this yet

498_zps0f865a4b.jpg

And I of course located the pole and the sign was accurate! (TMI?)

500_zpscac7fc80.jpg

So, I see all of these folks with their balloon hats and I know I want one since I got one last time we were here but...but....but, I am terrified of balloons.

Check out this sequence of balloon pic fun and laugh at me all you want.

You want a balloon hat?

501_zps68b4709e.jpg

It's on my head! Oh god it's on my head!!!

502_zps262cde68.jpg

Pushing it down

503_zpsf1046890.jpg

And then a big hug and a kiss

506_zps897487a3.jpg

Voila! Balloon hat!

508_zps8e869848.jpg

Then we watched Fantasy turn around and leave. There was a little bit of a horn war between Fantasy and Fascination that I got on video. I will throw a link in here somewhere at the end with some other video that I took.

510_zps650780c3.jpg

It's so weird to watch the ships leave. It feels like I should run back to the ship but we have plenty of time.

511_zpsfb10f6dd.jpg

Now things start to get a bit hazy. Nikki ordered nachos

512_zpsd794c68a.jpg

516_zps854d87c8.jpg

Someone ordered shots

514_zps6933ed4e.jpg

515_zps4c52bb38.jpg

Then I noticed an extra shot on the table. This floored me. I couldnt figure it out so I suggested that we each take a sip. As I went to reach for it, I knocked it over. (Y'all noticing a pattern of clumsiness here yet?)

I didnt want the alcohol to go to waste so I thought to myself, WWAD? (What would Andrew do?)

This is what he would do

7C8FCBC6_zpsaaa8faca.jpg

Right off the table I sipped it with a straw.

29B8B439_zps09a3041d.jpg

Then the Disney ship left

520_zpsa9ac3b91.jpg

Neato shot

521_zps838bb0f8.jpg

The sun is setting now

526_zps8ef7d8ce.jpg

I wanna stay!

531_zps0671bcc0.jpg

I can feel myself getting nervous about this time (6ish I think) so I decide that I am ready to head back to the ship. Tanya and Tony had already left at this point so it was just me, Nikki and Glenda.

532_zpse2c6647d.jpg

Nikki and Glenda had something they wanted to stop for so I continued on my way. I bought a beautiful seashell angel ornament for my Xmas tree inside Festival Center.

I headed towards my final destination. Still a ways to go yet.

535_zps4395c139.jpg

Atlantis

536_zps1e3c6d24.jpg

I have never gotten a picture in front of this so I tried my best to do it on my own

537_zps0c9c432d.jpg

Getting there

542_zps22b7d957.jpg

I kept hearing someone yelling something every few seconds and I was starting to get nervous. I couldnt make out what they were saying so I started walking a little faster but then I figured out what was happening. This navy ship was doing some sort of flag lowering ceremony. I am such a dork for getting so freaked out.

Flag lowering ceremony

540_zps6c0db85a.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
time

Then this guy almost ran me over

543_zps3664fd6e.jpg

Almost there!

545_zps0698eda1.jpg

You see the ship pulling in? That's the Norweigan Breakaway. It is HUGE! They were doing an overnight in Nassau

547_zps6df2ea8d.jpg

I made it!

552_zps48276832.jpg

I went back to my cabin to drop off all of my stuff and change clothes and go in search of dinner.

I found my steward Arthur!

554_zps102b087e.jpg

I packed some glow in the dark horns for this trip so I put them on and a Halloween shirt and went up to the buffet to see if anything looked delicious.

Horns

556_zpsf3bf63a4.jpg

I ended up with a few shrimp, some breaded green beans and a pasta dish. Not very exciting but I saw a few friends and they were going to the grille to get a sandwich. SMH why didnt I think of this??? So, I got a rueben and I went outside to look at the big ship next to us and watch for pier runners.

I took some pictures of the sites around me with the lights and this camera *shakes fist at camera* this camera is not a low light camera or this operator does not know how to work it.

Example...here is Atlantis

558_zpsb9edbf3d.jpg

Here is Norweigan Breakaway. It looks like it's alllll balcony!

559_zps6c120841.jpg

Pulling away

564_zpsb5ddebcb.jpg

A few of us waved and yelled things like "you look fantastic" or "you should be ashamed of yourselves" at passengers from the other ship. They played along. It was great fun.

567_zps8f8b4857.jpg

The best of the worst attempt at getting a picture of the lighthouse while it was lit up in my direction. Yeah, it sucks.

572_zpsc0a2970e.jpg

I stopped by the Palace Theater to watch part of the Game of Love

573_zpsd5ea0db1.jpg

After a trip to the internet cafe to leave the Andrew a message it appears that, after looking at my folio, I had a couple of drinks at the Atrium bar. Hmm. Interesting. I dont remember this. Yipes.

I went back home to my cabin after 11pm so that I could get ready for big beach day at LSC. I wanted to get off the ship as early as I possibly could

Turn down

575_zps1f1e5922.jpg

What is this?

576_zps3e40089d.jpg

Here is my little picture of Andrew and my flashlight. AWWWW!!!!

360_zps08782ad6.jpg

While we are exploring the cabin, here is "the bar"

361_zps97190e2a.jpg

And where we kept our ice

363_zps768dae49.jpg

And the porthole is now littered with tu tus and towel animals

362_zpsed2ecd9a.jpg

UP NEXT....LSC!!!!

I woke up fairly early and had a peek outside

367_zps5b115ecc.jpg

I start getting myself together so I can get breakfast at the buffet and then get my tender ticket

Here are some buffet selections for your viewing pleasure

371_zps6632afbb.jpg

372_zps5753362b.jpg

I ran into Robin and Ann as Melissa and I were snagging a table overlooking the island.

369_zpsc943b2f3.jpg

They were already loading the tenders with food for the island barbeque

368_zps5ccb237a.jpg

Breakfast with friends.

376_zps7f83e074.jpg

I had buffet eggs benedict (not bad honestly), some bacon, some little sausage with onions and some sliced potatoes.

It is a tiny little island. For a moment I was thinking maybe our island was on the other side of the ship, until I started seeing the tenders enter the little cove.

379_zps286508b1.jpg

Everyone else said they were tending over later in the day but I made up my mind that I would go grab a tender ticket and go all by myself. Not sure why i was nervous to do so but I was.

I went up to the lido deck stage and approached the two guys who were handing out tender tickets. There was no line to speak of really. I saw they were handing out tender #14. So when I approached he asked me how many and I said "just me". He said "Just you??". Um, yep. He handed me tender ticket #12. I already had my things with me so shortly after I got my ticket they called my number. I found my way down to where the tenders were leaving from and there was no line. The two employees that were standing there didnt ask for my ticket and they said they were pretty much letting anyone on because no one was boarding the tenders at that time.

I stepped on the tender and found myself a seat.

383_zpsababc2b7.jpg

This buoy makes a loud noise as it holds the tender away from the ship. It was creepy

387_zps5a9e3d94.jpg

This is what time the tender started heading towards the island

385_zps8ab8abee.jpg

Pulling away

388_zpsb54fc442.jpg

Bye bye

390_zpsc409386c.jpg

LITTLE STIRRUP CAY!

Disclaimer: I took an UNGODLY amount of pictures here. Everything was just so beautiful. Mind you, it is nothing like being at Half Moon Cay but I can tell you that I am considering this exact itinerary again for a May cruise out of Charleston. I will let the pictures do most of the talking here. I also took a video that I will link later.

Get ready to get overwhelmed by post after post of PICTURES!

Looking towards where we just came in

405_zpsd48a599e.jpg

Ship looks like its sitting on land and is tiny

407_zps813a0ac0.jpg

We made it!

409_zpsc909cfa3.jpg

Everyone get off the tender and head that way!

411_zpsd74ed4b8.jpg

In the months of pre planning for this cruise I did a little research on this cute little island. I found that Barefoot Beach was set apart from all the hustle and bustle and had powdery sand and you could walk out quite a ways and it is only around knee deep. I knew that this is what I wanted to experience from my day at LSC.

So I studied the map a few times before I cruised and in my directionally challenged head, I needed to walk away from the tenders and go to the right. Dont do this. Just follow the signs for the Aquapark and keep going. Keep the beach on your left and just walk on the path. You will end up at Barefoot Beach.

Here are a few pics I took while wandering around lost on the tiniest island ever.

Straw Market. All of the items say Coco Cay since this island is leased to Carnival by RCL.

413_zps1e5a1b10.jpg

Signs telling you what is where. Dont look for signs to Barefoot Beach. I couldnt find any

414_zpsd594d2cc.jpg

The path's were easy to navigate. Oh, and as a side note, they rented the wheelchairs with big offroad tires right as you get off the tenders. Not sure if they were free but I would assume so

415_zps9a6a5a07.jpg

Lagoon area

416_zpsf7cf1200.jpg

Bridge

417_zpsf29b53e2.jpg

More directional arrows

418_zps384235d2.jpg

OOOOO a MAP! I stared at it for a moment and was still lost. Off to wander some more

419_zps254e79cc.jpg

OOO it's starting to get really pretty!

420_zps1a33fb23.jpg

I hate to leave you guys hanging like this but I have to head to dance class and then go home for the evening. I promise to get through Little Stirrup Cay tomorrow. Hang in there.

Thanks. I cant wait til I get to the LSC part! I am waiting for my MiFi hotspot to charge and then I will continue.

I would be glad to be your tour guide but be aware that my friends were calling me Drill Sergeant before it was all over. I am looking at a May cruise possibly. May 6th is LSC and Nassau...you should come with!

Drill Sergeant was one of the nicer things we were calling her!

1378540_10152020699736419_650100992_n.jpg

This was actually us who wimped out leaving the beach as Nancy marched her crew from the distillery... wait... where's the crew?!

And before that she wiped my husband out completely - he was going to steal this boat and float back to the ship to be able to stop walking!

923380_10152020700676419_1341897680_n.jpg

Another obligatory picture of you taking a picture!

1457589_10152020700591419_963926250_n.jpg

LOL can't wait to do it all over again in May Penguin - and the photos of you trying to haul Kyle around in a papoose are going to be amazing!

Oh here's my LSC contribution - still trying to figure out what exactly one would use this outlet for!

1381827_10152020698236419_566715281_n.jpg

Okay... so what happens next?!

Bob already knows I'm looking at that one. And the Cruise Virgin that came with me in September is seriously thinking about joining me. Guess that means you liked LSC.

Hurry up and finish this thing! I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon!

Stupid me was in such a hurry last night to change and go get my mani/pedi that I tripped up the stairs and now I can barely walk thanks to horrible, burning sciatic nerve irritation. At least I won't be wearing shoes that will break! :p

Oh, and as for being a drill sergeant, I'm sure that those who've sailed with me think the same thing. I'm always up and ready to go and have everything planned and know what time I want to be where and for how long and where and when my next meal would be and people better MOVE IT!!

Edited by NCTribeFan

Bob already knows I'm looking at that one. And the Cruise Virgin that came with me in September is seriously thinking about joining me. Guess that means you liked LSC.

I loved LSC. Although not as stunningly beautiful as HMC. I really liked Barefoot Beach and when I was ready for hustle and bustle I went to the cove area. I am not sure if they are really called coves but that's what I have been calling the little scooped out areas.

"Hurry up and finish this thing! I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon!"

You are a good drill sergeant! LMAO! I am hoping to have it completed by tomorrow but I am about to get back into LSC today. My goal is to have LSC and the Halloween Party all finished by 5pm today.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
cove