"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

You may find this 5 minute video from the Canal Authority interesting... it's their semi regular monthly update on the progress of the expansion. Some good aerial shots.

BB,

What a great video.

Thank you,

Bobbie

My turn in APR.

Thank you so much for these pictures. We are going in April 2015 and I love watching all the cams right now but especially love this one!

Thanks again!

Kathy and Rob

Hi Kathy! How was Alaska?

Looks like you'll be following me this time. I'm doing the PC on LOS right before you!

I will be boarding the Legend next Wednesday, heading back thru the Canal. Your info has been vary useful. Curious about the menus, they don't seem to be the usual "cycle" I've seen, even on the longer crossings. I'm not much into fancy food and no fish, so it seems I may be in the Windjammer many nights :-).

I will be boarding the Legend next Wednesday, heading back thru the Canal. Your info has been vary useful. Curious about the menus, they don't seem to be the usual "cycle" I've seen, even on the longer crossings. I'm not much into fancy food and no fish, so it seems I may be in the Windjammer many nights :-).

Those running MTD are totally incompetent, the wait staff is OK though very impersonal. But thankfully the actual food in MDR has been outstanding for RCCL and something we look forward to. Even if it can be a fight to get a table. :eek:

You are welcome....that was one up close and personal shot for you! We will be on the Legend next Nov. 30, 2014 doing the San Diego to Ft Lauderdale so hopefully someone will snap our pictures then!

Wait I see you! There you are! Do have a question did you get to see any of the new expansion area from the ship?

Lou

You are welcome....that was one up close and personal shot for you! We will be on the Legend next Nov. 30, 2014 doing the San Diego to Ft Lauderdale so hopefully someone will snap our pictures then!

Wait I see you! There you are! Do have a question did you get to see any of the new expansion area from the ship?

Lou

Around the Miraflores locks you could see a considerable amount of work being done.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Glad that dining has come back on the radar! We're going to be MTD'ing for the first time (LOS 3/14) and your observations and menu postings have been VERY helpful. In previous post looks like Chops is on your schedule...what about Chef's Table? If not, have you talked to anyone who has done this on your sailing?

Thanks again for ALL your postings.

Tina

Those running MTD are totally incompetent, the wait staff is OK though very impersonal. But thankfully the actual food in MDR has been outstanding for RCCL and something we look forward to. Even if it can be a fight to get a table. :eek:

This is the reason why I've been so hesitant on doing MTD. I've read from others that its just as good as traditional dining, but I can't see it if you have a different set of waitstaff each time. I know you can request the same ones over and over.

I also noted that you've had escargot every night on the menu. I hope I get that in the Independence in a couple weeks.

I suspect that if/when we do the Grandeur with the kids, we will have MTD to give us more flexibility. We shall see.

This is the reason why I've been so hesitant on doing MTD. I've read from others that its just as good as traditional dining, but I can't see it if you have a different set of waitstaff each time. I know you can request the same ones over and over.

I also noted that you've had escargot every night on the menu. I hope I get that in the Independence in a couple weeks.

I suspect that if/when we do the Grandeur with the kids, we will have MTD to give us more flexibility. We shall see.

I think this ship is the exception rather than the rule. We used MTD on Splendour, Radiance, and Jewel with great results.

We have been showing up for our reserved time each night and have been seated all over the place. Last night he put the two of us on a table for four back in a corner behind a waiter podium. No consistency. And the guy at the desk says he can't reserve for us specific tables when we did on other ships. Incompetent. :mad:

If you reserve a time for MTD, in our experience you will most likely have the same waiter staff and table every night. Without reservations, you just walk up to get a table when ever it is convenient for you. That is when you will end up at different tables and waiters most of the time.

Edited by edjny

If you reserve a time for MTD, in our experience you will most likely have the same waiter staff and table every night. Without reservations, you just walk up to get a table when ever it is convenient for you. That is when you will end up at different tables and waiters most of the time.

Not on this ship. We have a standing reservation at 6:45 and have been all over the place even though we request the same area. Very frustrating getting different wait staff over and over.

I think this ship is the exception rather than the rule. We used MTD on Splendour, Radiance, and Jewel with great results.

We have been showing up for our reserved time each night and have been seated all over the place. Last night he put the two of us on a table for four back in a corner behind a waiter podium. No consistency. And the guy at the desk says he can't reserve for us specific tables when we did on other ships. Incompetent. :mad:

Thank you for taking us along on your cruise. Sorry to hear your MTD dining experience hasn't been good.

We have b2b2b cruise on Legend in April with MTD. We, like you, have had great experiences with MTD since we first tried it in 2008. Your report about Legend is definitely not what we've experienced......and is very disheartening. Sure hope there are major improvements soon!

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Hi Debi!

Alaska was awesome, we had a fabulous time and perfect weather! Did your trip go well too? We talked with the Captain on that ship 4 or 5 different times, he was never in a rush to get away, seemed to love answering our questions! I loved Victoria too!

We are very excited about the Panama Canal cruise too!

I am so glad to hear from you!

Kathy

PS, I am loving this live report!