What is the Platinum discount for JS?

Last year I booked while on board the Voyager for my next cruise this November (8 nites) At the time I was told I would receive $200. discount as a Platinum member and booking a suite. I also would get $100. book on board credit.

I checked with my TA & C&A directly and now they are telling me the discount for Platinum members for an 8 nite booking a JS is only$100.

Any discount is good, just wondering if anyone has had this experience to get conflicting information between the Loyalty Ambassador & C&A.

Voyager 11/18.05

Last year I booked while on board the Voyager for my next cruise this November (8 nites) At the time I was told I would receive $200. discount as a Platinum member and booking a suite. I also would get $100. book on board credit.

I checked with my TA & C&A directly and now they are telling me the discount for Platinum members for an 8 nite booking a JS is only$100.

Any discount is good, just wondering if anyone has had this experience to get conflicting information between the Loyalty Ambassador & C&A.

Voyager 11/18.05

Platinum gets $100 onboard credit for up to 8 nights, $200 for 9 or more.

The discount for a balcony cabin is the same.

When you write "onboard credit" I assume you are referring to the onboard credit you receive when you book your next cruise while on your current cruise...sheesh that's hard to write coherently.

Anyway, just want to point out that C&A status has nothing to do with that onboard credit. Anyone who books a cruise while onboard gets that credit. I think it's $50 per cabin for shorter going up to $200 for really long cruises.

As for the Platinum booking discount (for booking balcony and above), I had heard that was $100 for less than 9 nights, but am not sure.

beachchick

We became platinum after our last cruise. We booked the Serenade while on the AOS. They told us that when we received our C&A coupons we could also apply that to the price -- so, it's $100 for the booking and $150 (I think) C&A coupon from the the magazine. Is that first $100 for the shipboard credit? and not off the fare? I am SO confused now!

Judy, who is seriously mathematically challenged...:)

The shipboard credit is separate from the C&A quarterly magazine coupon, and the balcony discount is separate from these. You can get all three.

The balcony discounts mentioned above are correct, and it's based on the length of the cruise.

The coupon and the balcony credit are off the price of the cabin, and the shipboard credit is your spending money on the cruise. :D

It's a win-win-win! :D

I am confussed also, does the platinum member get $200 for a 10 night cruise is this per person or is it per cabin. Both myself and my husband are platinum members so should be be gettintg $200. per person per cruise. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Only one C&A number is used to book a cabin, and only one coupon, balcony credit, shipboard credit is allowed.

My DH and I are both Diamond members, but we booked a balcony for next year on the Radiance, 14 days, and got a single $300 credit on the cabin, not per person.

If I'm wrong (and I would loooooove to be wrong on this!!), then someone tell me, and I'll go get the rest of my balcony credit. But, I don't think I am: one per cabin.

Only one C&A number is used to book a cabin, and only one coupon, balcony credit, shipboard credit is allowed.

My DH and I are both Diamond members, but we booked a balcony for next year on the Radiance, 14 days, and got a single $300 credit on the cabin, not per person.

If I'm wrong (and I would loooooove to be wrong on this!!), then someone tell me, and I'll go get the rest of my balcony credit. But, I don't think I am: one per cabin.

Sorry, you are not wrong, we got the same $300 off the cabin total.

Jimbo:)

As Platinum members, we were told it was $50 per person off the cabin for a seven day cruise (the invoice broke it down this way with separate C&A numbers) and once we reached Diamond level, we were told it was $100 pp. I've never sailed without my husband, so I'd be curious to see if they only gave me $100 off if my cabinmate wasn't Diamond.

Archived