Full room service?

swom

Does HAL still offer full room service? We've done Princess for the past 3 cruises and they do not do full room service, but I seem to remember you can order whatever is being served in the dining room in your room. Is this still true? I have truly missed HAL and I'm so glad we are coming "home". :D

:cool:[quote name='swom']Does HAL still offer full room service? We've done Princess for the past 3 cruises and they do not do full room service, but I seem to remember you can order whatever is being served in the dining room in your room. Is this still true? I have truly missed HAL and I'm so glad we are coming "home". :D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]YES :cool:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='swom']Does HAL still offer full room service? We've done Princess for the past 3 cruises and they do not do full room service, but I seem to remember you can order whatever is being served in the dining room in your room. Is this still true? I have truly missed HAL and I'm so glad we are coming "home". :D[/quote]

Here are both the Room Service and Room Service Breakfast menus that I scanned in May 2013.

[URL]http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908[/URL]

Have had a few past cruises on Princess. HAL room service is one of the many reasons we love HAL and have been solely sailing with them since 2007. You'll love it! Some times they may be earlier than the time you requested so be ready with the tip and clear a space for them to put your order. Also, if ordering from the room service menu, be sure to look at the times they are serving certain items.

Diane

[quote name='Crew News']Here are both the Room Service and Room Service Breakfast menus that I scanned in May 2013.

[URL]http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that. Appreciate it.

[quote name='legalslave']Have had a few past cruises on Princess. HAL room service is one of the many reasons we love HAL and have been solely sailing with them since 2007. You'll love it! Some times they may be earlier than the time you requested so be ready with the tip and clear a space for them to put your order. Also, if ordering from the room service menu, be sure to look at the times they are serving certain items.

Diane[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Princess has sandwiches and things of that nature only for room service. Glad to be back sailing on HAL again. :D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]You can also order snacks like a cheese plate any time of the day since they're open 24/7. I had the club sandwich on my last cruise after reading about it here for years and it was every bit as good as they said.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I remember they use to have the best Caesar salads. I never liked caesar salads until cruising on the Zuiderdam. I don't know if it's the fresh cheese or their dressing, but I ordered them at every meal.
Are they still wonderful?????

[B]Caesar salad is on the 'always available' section of the dinner menu. Sometimes I order a grilled chicken caesar salad for my entree. Seeing they always offer the grilled chicken and always the salad, easy enough to put them on the same plate. :)[/B]

[quote name='catl331']The food from the [COLOR=red]dining room menu[/COLOR] of the day is only available during the time it is open. Nightly menus are posted outside the dining room in the afternoon . Make a quick jaunt by the doors and write down what interests you.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I have never done this, but I recall several posts saying you had to order dining room food within a certain timeframe - like the first hour the MDR is open, or something similar. Hopefully someone will post the facts. There was a poster recently very disappointed when they called to get food from the dining room and were told they were too late calling.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]You must place your order during the first 30 minutes (or sometimes one hour) the MDR is open for the evening. You can request your order be delivered at whatever time you wish during the regular service hours in the dining room.
[/B]

The best thing I like about HAL's room service is being able to get a full breakfast in your cabin. On port days, it's great to be able to have whatever you want for breakfast right in your cabin, instead of having to contend with the Lido buffet - - which can be very crowded and hectic.

If there is something you want for breakfast which is not listed on the card, write it in! If they serve what you want in the Lido, then you can usually get it in your room as well.

[quote name='catl331']The food from the dining room menu of the day is only available during the time it is open. Nightly menus are posted outside the dining room in the afternoon . Make a quick jaunt by the doors and write down what interests you.[/quote]

We usually ask our room steward to bring a dining room menu to the room each day at the beginning of our cruises.:D Saves a trip to the MDR during the day.

[quote name='swom']I remember they use to have the best Caesar salads. I never liked caesar salads until cruising on the Zuiderdam. I don't know if it's the fresh cheese or their dressing, but I ordered them at every meal.
Are they still wonderful?????[/QUOTE]

SWOM, last cruise we were on this past May, DH had the Caeser salad several times in the MDR. He said it was great! I'll have to try one on our next cruise.

Diane

[quote name='legalslave']SWOM, last cruise we were on this past May, DH had the Caeser salad several times in the MDR. He said it was great! I'll have to try one on our next cruise.

Diane[/QUOTE

Thank you and you really should try it. I loved it. Also loved the suggestion....I think that Sail7Seas made of adding grilled chicken to it and making it an entree when you want a light dinner. I am going to try that also.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='bookworm61']Does anyone know, is there a charge for room service?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]There is no charge for room service.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]But many people do tip the person who delivers the food. The amount of the tip given depends on how much food is ordered.[/SIZE][/FONT]