Paradise Beach Question

sunny days

My family of 5 went there in July 2012. We paid our $2 per person admission and no one ever mentioned the $10 minimum food/drink purchases. They sold us 3 bracelets for our teens to play on the water toys.

When I saw another poster complaining about the $10 minimum, I thought it must be a new policy. Then, other people said the policy has been around. I checked on the web site and never found the policy, even though I was specifically looking for it. More recently, I was on their web site again and there was the policy, very prominently displayed! It is sort of strange.

It is a nice place and we really enjoyed our visit. We never intended to eat anything ( I got sick in Cozumel when I was in my 20's.). We would not have gone there had I known that.

This past summer, we visited Mr. Sanchos, on the pay-as-you-go side. It is very similar to Paradise Beach. They have the same water toys, but no $2 entry fee. They do ask that you buy food/drinks, but there is no minimum requirement. So, I bought a soda (in a can).

They charge $2 per person to get in because they have a huge nice pool with lots of lounge chairs around it & the $2 covers use of the pool & chairs. If they dont charge something then people will be coming & using their pool,chairs, showers, restrooms and free internet without them making any money.

You get a different color bracelet if you want to pay $12 for the all day fun pass which includes Unlimited use of beach toys - Trampoline, 14 ft. climbing iceberg, snorkel gear, floating mats & kayaks, 10ft water slide, a Jungle Joe climbing structure and the circular water rocker, paddle boards, climb the coconut tree or bounce on the spacewalker bungee.

We never pay for the all day pass. We just pay the $2.00 each so my little girl can play in the pool and I can lounge around. We always order food & drinks and it does add up to over $10. I think the idea is so that people who just lounge around the pool ends up paying $12 also ($2 entry $10 food) I think $12 is very reasonable for such a nice place. See my video in my signature. This isnt an advertisement. I made this video on one of our trips to Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach is one of my favorite places in Cozumel.

Does this $10 pp minimum include children? I have a picky 5 year old that would never eat and drink $10 while there.

In the times I've been there, they've never included my kids in the per person minimum (my boys are 10 & 8 now, but were younger when we've been there - closer to the age of your child).

We go to Paradise beach every year. We pay the $2 each. My husband orders a bucket of beers and I get a piña colada. Mid day I order a plate of nachos. No one has ever bothered us b saying we didn't spend enough money. I even bring bottled sodas for the kids, from the boat, since they are in the water the entire time. The pool is a great addition. I remember when it was the parking lot.

The $2 is not an entry fee. Admission is free. The $2 is for beach chair rentals, which used to be free a few years ago. If you get the $12 wristband for water toys, you are not expected to purchase the $10 in food/drinks. That is not clarified on the website, because they are not going to post anything that might discourage purchasing food/drinks. They just expect everyone over 6 to contribute at least $10 in some form, by either food, drink, or water toy access. I have been to this beach twice, got the water toys wristband both times, and have still not purchased any food/drink. The waiter was totally okay with it, because I bought the wristband. And yes, I'm definitely an adult. Kids under 6 are exempt from this. Some waiters will monitor the adults without the water toys wristband more closely than others.

my wife and i were there a couple of weeks ago. we have been there many times back to the time when it was just a beach and covered area for the bar and food. i had not been since they put in the pool area. i always liked it because it was a family environment and we could take our kids without worrying about encountering a bunch of drunks. we found the new setup to be absolutely outstanding. the whole place was immaculate.the staff was friendly and even though we don't drink alcohol we were never treated any differently. we both love their guacamole and had a couple of smoothies. i highly recommend it.