First timer ice show question

woodspines

We will be on the IOS in January. I have been reading that the ice shows are not to be missed. Is this something we should reserve online before we sail, or do we do that on board? Are ther a limited amount of shows, or can we just wait in line to get in?

Thanks for the help.

We will be on the IOS in January. I have been reading that the ice shows are not to be missed. Is this something we should reserve online before we sail, or do we do that on board? Are ther a limited amount of shows, or can we just wait in line to get in?

Thanks for the help.

You get tickets on board. You will be informed as to when and where they will distribute tickets. Look in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule) and listen to the announcements from the Cruise Director before and after shows.

Edited by clarea

I believe the Ice Show on the Freedom Class ships is the only show you can pre-reserve...Why not reserve it if this is important to you.

Only Freedom and Liberty offer pre-cruise reservations of the ice show.

If you miss getting tickets in the morning you can stop at Guest Services for ticket. The ticket gets you into rink. There are no reserved seats, though there is a reserved section for suite guests. Sightlines are good and rink is small so you can't miss much ice action. It is a fun show. It amazes me how the skaters can do so much on a small rink on a moving ship!

I thought lately they were doing the ice show according to muster station. No tickets anymore. This is how it was done on Explorer in March. But, I think D+, Pinnacle and Suite guests are free to go to any of the shows. Am I wrong about this?

Gwen :)

Not on Indy in August, it was still a case of queuing for tickets at the time given in the cruise compass, the line may look long but moves really fast, it was well organised.

Sounds crazy to do it by muster station. We get the tickets at a time that works for our dinner time, just like most people on the ship.

That's the way it was done on the Explorer in March. Sounded odd to me too, but, it worked out OK. Didn't hear any complaints. That way people didn't have to

wait in line for tickets if they were busy enjoying other activities. I will be on the Explorer next month. I will check it then, in case they changed how they do it again. :rolleyes:

Edited by cruzinlady1947

I thought lately they were doing the ice show according to muster station. No tickets anymore. This is how it was done on Explorer in March. But, I think D+, Pinnacle and Suite guests are free to go to any of the shows. Am I wrong about this?

You are correct, that is how it is done on Explorer perhaps an experiment. Apparently there were complaints that the people who went to the meet and mingle got tickets without waiting (which was true) and others had to wait in line. Now they do it by muster station but allow others to come in at the last 10 minutes if they missed their show.

Mike

You are correct, that is how it is done on Explorer perhaps an experiment. Apparently there were complaints that the people who went to the meet and mingle got tickets without waiting (which was true) and others had to wait in line. Now they do it by muster station but allow others to come in at the last 10 minutes if they missed their show.

Mike

Thank you. I thought for a minute that I was going crazy. :eek: I have a question in for a friend who just got off the Explorer. She will know if they still do that or not. Now, I can get on with my day knowing I am not crazy or imagining things. At least not this. :p;) And yes, they did hand us our tickets at the M&M on one cruise, but only because they were giving them out during our M&M and we couldn't get there to pick up tickets. Just a courtesy.

Edited by cruzinlady1947

Sailing on the IOS and sorry to hear that we can't reserve on-line -- I thought we would be able to. :confused:

I know the ice show is on multiple times, on multiple days during the cruise. Is it all the same show, or are there two different shows?

Thanks,

Brad

Mike

I'd really dislike that system--thank goodness we have yet to encounter it. We always book two cabins for our family of four--more often than not they are in different muster stations. With a muster station system we wouldn't be able to see the show together as a family.:(

The ice shows are very enjoyable. We try to go at least once on every cruise. Last year we were on Mariner of the Seas. My wife took some pictures with her flash off that turned out really nice.

She made a slide show out of them. If you have a few minutes to spare, you are welcome to take a look at the link below.

Christmas Ice Show On The Mariner Of The Seas

Happy Sailing