Motion Sickness medicine

Jmeyers

Gravol is not the same as Bonine. Gravol makes me sleepy, even the non-drowsey, and I feel slightly "stoned" the whole time. Bonine has none of that nasty side effect. Coming into Victoria, BC while on an Alaskan cruise, the sea was so rough, dishes were flying off the buffet due to the waves, and I never had a moment of nausea. Like I said, worth the hour drive over the border to the nearest Walmart to get it.

Have recommended Ginger Root capsules to many people and they all say they worked. Start the day before the cruise. One in the morning and one in the evening. Crew will tell you to eat green apples.

Sailors Secret (ginger capsules) available through Amazon. I've never had a queasy moment.

Edited by debitoo

As someone who is extremely prone to motion sickness, I started off using the patch and it worked great but gave me vision problems.

I switched to a combination of Bonine and ginger pills and have never had a problem. Not sure if it's the combination that works or one of the meds on their own, but I'm not about to experiment. I understand the wrist bands are merely a placebo effect but have never tried them.

Edited by Upandadam

As someone who is extremely prone to motion sickness, I started off using the patch and it worked great but gave me vision problems.

I had the exact same problems with the patch as a teenager on my first cruise. They made my eyes dilate. Started taking Dramamine and no problems since.

I take the "less drowsy" formula and never have any problems with sleepiness but there's also a group of 25+ people I cruise with so I'm still long enough to really get sleepy :D. I start taking mine the day before I embark and then continue for several days after until I have my land legs back, otherwise, I'll get motion sick sitting perfectly still at my desk :eek: