Just returned from the Crown, Southern Caribbean Nov 9-16

pegbert

Actually you are incorrect There is a long thread at the top of the page advising that threads SHOULD NOT BE put off topic and asking for reports if this occurs.

Where has the thread gone off topic from Crown Princess November 9 cruise? The title of the thread was not Crown Princess November 9 cruise and don't you dare post that anything went wrong.:D

If you believe that this thread has gone off topic you should report it. I don't think it has. But you are certainly entitled to report it if you feel it has.

Whenever I've had a cruise booked I've always looked for feedback ... both good and bad. I knew the some people in the past had some AC problems. I also knew it was not in an area where I had booked. I feel sorry for someone who spends all that money on a cruise, be it in a suite or an inside and can't enjoy their cabin because of heat. Sometimes people don't know the chain of command to get their problem resolved and that's unfortunate.

Always a pleasure to read your posts, Norris.

Edited by mafig

International Cafe has:

Chicken Salad

greek salad

shrimp salad

several different kinds of quiches

grilled vegtables

panini sandwiches ( ham & cheese, tuna salad, tomato basel, etc.)

cookies

lots of different small desserts (jellos, cheescakes, cakes, etc)

gelato ($1.50 for three scoops)

Cheeses

dried fruits

Everything was wonderful!!! :)

Getting us back on topic...

Do you remember the foods served at the International Café during the cruise? Interested to see what's offered in the afternoons and late at night.

We mostly enjoyed breakfast at the IC.... well, it would be an over-indulgence at the buffet one day, followed by "why did I do THAT??", and then a visit to the IC the next day. Breakfast was perfect..... muffins, Danish pastries, croissants, etc. They also make an "egg mcmuffin" thing, but you have to ask for it (I only saw the sign up once).

We did have a late lunch a couple of times. They had a choice of salads (Greek, seafood, chicken salad, etc). Then they had Panini's that they would heat in the griddle. I think they also had some cold sandwiches, such as shrimp salad on a croissant.

The portions are smallish, but you can always ask for more. On the other hand, if you have over-indulged on your last meal, the IC is a perfect remedy!

Peg

We have been home for literally 2 hours after a wonderful week on the Crown! I don't really have a "review" at this point, but will post a few observations shortly. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer while everything is still fresh in my mind!

We did not visit the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, the Sanctuary, or the production shows. We also did not take any organized shore excursions. We were in a mini-suite, bought a coffee card, had the "soda sticker", and enjoyed traditional dining late seating.

Bottom line, we had a MUCH better experience this year than last year (inside room, anytime dining), and are slowing learning which options work best for us. Already looking forward to our next adventure!!

And for any who are interested, I brought home all the Patters.

Can't believe we are back home.... booo hoooo :(

Glad you enjoyed doing nothing.

Not so good. We were disappointed in the theater shows, except for the new one that they are performng called Disco Nights. We actually left one of the shows because it was so poor. I felt bad for the young performers as you could tell they really didn't enjoy performing the old time routines and songs. They had a comediene who was pretty good, but the ventriloquist was a bit dated. We had much better shows on other cuise lines.

Glad you enjoyed doing nothing.

Thank you! That's what we like about Princess vs some of the other cruise lines. I know that there are many people who believe "When I'm paying for a vacation, I expect to be entertained." When we're paying for a vacation, we expect to be left the heck alone! When your normal work routine is go-go-go from 5:15am - bedtime, then believe me.... the last thing I need is some moronic clown shouting over a megaphone to "come join the belching contest!" :eek:

The main reason we don't (usually) pre-book any excursions is because we have no idea ahead of time what we'll feel like doing on a given day. Same thing with shipboard activities.... some nights we fell asleep watching a movie in the cabin; other nights we wandered into Club Fusion and had a blast watching the contest of the evening. And that - at least for us - is the whole point of going away on a vacation.... we can choose what we want to do (or not do), and not have to answer to anyone else or meet deadlines like we do for the rest of the year.

"Doing nothing" was awesome!!!

Did you go to the wheelhouse bar for their pub lunch anytime? Do you know if they had Shepard's Pie at all? Thanks. We'll be on her the last 2 weeks in January.

We just got off the Crown yesterday. There were two pub lunches in the Wheelhouse Bar during our 7-night cruise. They did not have Shepherd's Pie. There were 2 different menus for the 2 events. One lunch they had bangers and mash (they were great!), fish and chips, steak and kidney pie and something else which I can't remember. The 2nd lunch they had fish and chips, prawns which I think were breaded but I could be wrong and chips, and two other items which I can't remember (too much alcohol I think!!:D). For drinks they had Guinness (served in a frozen glass -no no no!) and you could also order a Shandy. We loved the pub lunches. Don't miss them, they are advertised in the Patters.