Favorite month to cruise, and why?

metphan714

As I plan my next cruise I realized that I usually try to sail the same month and wondered if that is typical.

I usually choose May, because the weather at home is nice enough that I shouldn't have issues flying to my port. and the weather isn't too hot in the Caribbean yet, and also I don't think it's peak season yet since school hasn't let out yet.

What say you?

I find that cruising is cheaper between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations(school) and in January-mid-Feb. We will fly into Puerto Rico next month before the holidays for about half the rate of flying in a few weeks later. May is also a cheaper month to cruise because May tends to be a social month for many ( Mother's Day, First Communions, Confirmations, College graduations, upcoming High School Graduations, etc.) so not as many people are able to cruise.

I find that cruising is cheaper between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations(school) and in January-mid-Feb. We will fly into Puerto Rico next month before the holidays for about half the rate of flying in a few weeks later. May is also a cheaper month to cruise because May tends to be a social month for many ( Mother's Day, First Communions, Confirmations, College graduations, upcoming High School Graduations, etc.) so not as many people are able to cruise.

We've found holiday cruises also mean MUCH HIGHER AIRFARES to and from ports...not a good thing. The weather is also not as warm in Caribbean cruise ports.

As I plan my next cruise I realized that I usually try to sail the same month and wondered if that is typical.

I usually choose May, because the weather at home is nice enough that I shouldn't have issues flying to my port. and the weather isn't too hot in the Caribbean yet, and also I don't think it's peak season yet since school hasn't let out yet.

What say you?

We usually like to cruise in Jan or Feb. Alaska we like to done in mid June when day is the longest and night almost doesn't exist.

We always vacation about Thanksgiving, we will do Sandals next week, when we cruise we do week after Thanksgiving to save money and avoid children ( have been doing this over 20 years), we also normally cruise in May whiile children on still in school, 90 percent of cruises/trips are Caribbean. ( we do about 4 cruises then do a AI)

For my DH and I we love the super hot weather. So June and July are ideal but with our schedules it rarely happens that way. My busiest time at work is during the summer months so leaving my clients for that long of time is really not an option. Plus we have beaches an hour away from where we live so on the weekends we drive down there. For my DH November thru January is super crazy and stressful at work so having a cruise booked in the February thru early April time gives us something to look forward to. We like booking one in the late fall as well to break up the year.

Nov - Dec higher airfare higher cruise prices most of the time

Jan-Feb rougher seas due to cold/windy weather and too cool

March-April- higher airfare, spring break, no way ever!

July- Sept 7 too hot, too many kids, higher prices

Which leaves us only wanting:

May, June and October, my favorite months!! I do prefer May for first choice kids still in school.

We like April or May for our Spring cruise and September or October for our Fall cruise. There are great deals because the kids are in school and the weather is nice.

People are surprised that we don't usually go in Winter to get away from the cold up here in MN, but it would be too stressfull. During one December cruise we took, we got 16 inches of show in one storm, and I was stressed out at the idea of getting home about midnight and not even being able to pull into my driveway. Fortunately a wonderful friend came over and cleared it all out!!