The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

There were no drinks menus available at Happy Hour on our Oct TA on Infinity. This was a change from our March/ April Eclipse sailing. At first we thought it was a Noro - virus prevention.

BUT we were never charged extra when we gave our coupons, I asked for white wine, my husband had Budweiser to start, then wine. We were also told any wine up to $8 + tax on the first night! We never asked after and were sailing pre-Captains Club change.

Please clarify what you're saying here. I just spoke to a friend that's on the Reflection as we speak and he just asked Ti-Ann about this. It is not true. Elite and Elite Plus have the same bar menu to choose drinks from.

We are current in SI for a B2B, last cruise we were Elite and Happy Houred with a menu. This cruise we are Zienth and my BIL is E+ his chit states drinks up to $8. And so it goes, eh? ~ Rick

We are current in SI for a B2B, last cruise we were Elite and Happy Houred with a menu. This cruise we are Zienth and my BIL is E+ his chit states drinks up to $8. And so it goes, eh? ~ Rick

We were on Summit in September--of course, before the changes. As Elite, we were given 3 vouchers each day for drinks up to $8.

We have the same problem regarding an Azamara cruise that departed Nov 9. We haven't received the points yet, but are told they will be converted based on when they come over to the new system.

We were on a 15 night Century cruise in a concierge cabin when the change occurred. Our cruise started on Nov.21. We were told by Jonette, the Capt's Club hostess, that all who were currently on a cruise when the change occurred would get the old cruise credits for that cruise and these would be converted to the new points using the 30 factor and that is what happened. We got 90 new points for the 3 cruise credits we got for that cruise. This was done immediately and were showing in our Capt's club account just after the change happened.

Really, I have cruised many times with friends (for their first time ever) and they did not receive this typical upgrade of which you speak.:confused:

Exactly. Same deal here.

First cruise Celebrity - no upgrade. First cruise RCL - no upgrade. First cruise MSC - no upgrade. First cruise Princess - no upgrade. First cruise P&O did get upgrade (but that was pretty common for the grade and cruise anyway, so not surprising - you equally get them after the first cruise).

Exactly. Same deal here.

First cruise Celebrity - no upgrade. First cruise RCL - no upgrade. First cruise MSC - no upgrade. First cruise Princess - no upgrade. First cruise P&O did get upgrade (but that was pretty common for the grade and cruise anyway, so not surprising - you equally get them after the first cruise).

At least you have had one upgrade with P&O.:D

We were on a 15 night Century cruise in a concierge cabin when the change occurred. Our cruise started on Nov.21. We were told by Jonette, the Capt's Club hostess, that all who were currently on a cruise when the change occurred would get the old cruise credits for that cruise and these would be converted to the new points using the 30 factor and that is what happened. We got 90 new points for the 3 cruise credits we got for that cruise. This was done immediately and were showing in our Capt's club account just after the change happened.

We were the same, our cruise started on 20 November and the points were applied after we got back in line with the old system.

We were the same, our cruise started on 20 November and the points were applied after we got back in line with the old system.

Same with us; we were on the Eclipse Nov. 16th sailing and mid-way through the cruise, the change was announced via a letter delivered to the cabin. Meanwhile a couple days before, some of us saw our new points online via My Celebrity/Captain's Club/History, after being alerted on the Cruise Critic board of the impending change; online points & new status flashed quickly & disappeared until official day. The letter delivered to the cabin showed our new points based on the number of cruises before the Nov. 16th sailing, but online showed 60 (30 x 2 cruise credits) more points based on completion of the Nov. 16th sailing although the sailing was in progress.

Kathy

I have already suggested that we can combine the two megatopics by discussing points awarded for dress code compliance,particularly whilst chair hogging.

I like it. May be a way I can move up the food chain quicker, then again maybe not.......

Any thoughts on the points awarded and levels of reward for compliance? Like idea of a line inspection of Elites by Elite Plus members on 2nd day of cruise.

Off Royal Caribbean a week ago and in Diamond and Diamond Plus lounge, many Diamond and Diamond Plus members were wearing their pins. I was so proud of them.

Edited by shipshape sam

A friend of mine has been out on a cruise and just got back. He got the letter from Celebrity telling him his points while he was gone. They said he had 880 points! He said there was no way. While he didn't know for sure, he thought he may have had 11 or 12 before the change over. He usually cruises Royal Caribbean but occasionally went on Celebrity when it was going where he wanted to go for a price he was willing to pay.

I asked him if he had his glasses on and maybe it was 330. Nope, he said, definitely 880. He said it said Elite+. I told him to smile a lot and run like a rabbit (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Edited by Tucker in Texas

A friend of mine has been out on a cruise and just got back. He got the letter from Celebrity telling him his points while he was gone. They said he had 880 points! He said there was no way. While he didn't know for sure, he thought he may have had 11 or 12 before the change over. He usually cruises Royal Caribbean but occasionally went on Celebrity when it was going where he wanted to go for a price he was willing to pay.

I asked him if he had his glasses on and maybe it was 330. Nope, he said, definitely 880. He said it said Elite+. I told him to smile a lot and run like a rabbit (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Good for him, He can have a drink in the lounge and toast all of us.:D

I like it. May be a way I can move up the food chain quicker, then again maybe not.......

Any thoughts on the points awarded and levels of reward for compliance? Like idea of a line inspection of Elites by Elite Plus members on 2nd day of cruise.

Off Royal Caribbean a week ago and in Diamond and Diamond Plus lounge, many Diamond and Diamond Plus members were wearing their pins. I was so proud of them.

How about taking it a stage further, with our ladies [Elite plus and D+ and above] marking the Diamond/Elite and lower for the quality of their Bling, with the blatant wearing of paste as jewelry in the MDR obtaining major demerits.;):D

Well, at our current rate of cruising, we might make Elite+ in 11 years and Zenith in 72 years.

Something to look forward to? :)

Of course, as our life situation changes it's possible that we might cruise more in the future. But I don't think the Elite+ perks are much to write home about anyway, honestly. I thought there'd be a little more to them given how long it's going to take us to get to that level, but we don't use more than the 90 min of internet anyway, buy drink packages so free coffee is useless, and don't need an extra bag of laundry, generally.

But, we didn't lose anything, so for now, we're happy! I'm a little disappointed that our fully paid for cruise is getting new points instead of old points, but I suppose it's not that big a deal anyway under the circumstances.

Well, at our current rate of cruising, we might make Elite+ in 11 years and Zenith in 72 years.

Something to look forward to? :)

Of course, as our life situation changes it's possible that we might cruise more in the future. But I don't think the Elite+ perks are much to write home about anyway, honestly. I thought there'd be a little more to them given how long it's going to take us to get to that level, but we don't use more than the 90 min of internet anyway, buy drink packages so free coffee is useless, and don't need an extra bag of laundry, generally.

But, we didn't lose anything, so for now, we're happy! I'm a little disappointed that our fully paid for cruise is getting new points instead of old points, but I suppose it's not that big a deal anyway under the circumstances.

I also thought that they should have rewarded the people that had paid for the cruise in full prior to the system change.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We just got off the 12/7 sailing of the Summit. Our group was a mix of Elite and Elite +. Our coupons were very similar: 30 pieces of laundry (x2) (but not valid the last 3 days), one dry clean item (x2), one gelato, some $5 match plays, 20% off a photo PACKAGE (nothing for just one picture), discount on drink packages. Elite+ got 15% off a meal and wine in QSine or Normandy. I can't remember if just Elite had that one. There were more, but that is all I remember. As I mentioned, the two coupon sets were very similar. Other perks were a bridge tour on sea day and theatre backstage tour.

Each adult got a page of DATED drink coupons at the start of the ship: three per day from 5-7 pm, good in any bar but Martini, dining room, and 1-2 others. In Michael's Club there was butlered appetizers, so it was nice to use our coupons there vs. elsewhere (plus, of course, the friendly vibe with other members). A coupon was for up to $8 per drink (though only up to $5 per beer). We found one sympathetic bartender to exchange 5 coupons for a bottle of wine, but they curbed that after a couple of days and would only pour it by the glass. There were no coupons for embarkation day or captain's reception day. At the reception, they had a strict list of what you could order. Most nights, we'd have 1drink in a lounge, order a second to carry in to dinner, and then send someone from our group out to Rendez Vous to bring in another round right before 7 pm hit.

Celebrity's perks are still miles ahead of RC, but they do certainly reflect the tightening down trend of the past few years. Nonetheless, we still quite enjoyed all of the extras.

Edited by pixieprincss

I also thought that they should have rewarded the people that had paid for the cruise in full prior to the system change.:D

Then why not reward those who had booked cruises, but not paid for, they had the same expectations? Where does it stop? Where should have Celebrity drawn the line? Those that have paid cruises say with them and those with booked cruises say with them. Seems like Celebrity made the right decision. Any changes would open up a whole other can of worms and upset even more customers.

My only comment would be they should have announced the upcoming changes long before implementation date and let the customers plan accordingly. Delta airlines is changing elite program 1-1-14 and they communicated that change a long time ago. Knowing rule changes in advance allowed customers to make their own decisions about new rules.

My only comment would be they should have announced the upcoming changes long before implementation date and let the customers plan accordingly. Delta airlines is changing elite program 1-1-14 and they communicated that change a long time ago. Knowing rule changes in advance allowed customers to make their own decisions about new rules.

amen!!

Yes, agree.:D

Then why not reward those who had booked cruises, but not paid for, they had the same expectations? Where does it stop? Where should have Celebrity drawn the line? Those that have paid cruises say with them and those with booked cruises say with them. Seems like Celebrity made the right decision. Any changes would open up a whole other can of worms and upset even more customers.

The 'line' could have been drawn by using the same date, (23 Nov 2013). All those that had paid in full in advance could have been rewarded. :D

The 'line' could have been drawn by using the same date, (23 Nov 2013). All those that had paid in full in advance could have been rewarded. :D

Why paid? Those that have them booked by November 23rd had the same expectations. As I said; those with paid reservations think they should be rewarded and could care less about those with booked reservations or anyone else. I would guess that if Celebrity were to reward those with paid reservations, it would tick off a lot more customers who have booked reservations, because after all if they knew they probably would have paid for their vacations before payment was due and then don't forget about those that might not be able to pay for their cruise before it was due. Celebrity was in a no win situation, but they made a fair decision. Not everyone is going to be happy, but it seems as there are more happy customers than those that are not happy.

Spot on. Doing it the way they did - backdated - is out of the ordinary.