Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

A tip for iPad users. If you go to the sailing history on the captains club drop down and keep your finger on the page and move it slightly the page will stay up a long as you keep moving. I just did it and was able to keep the page open long enough to read it in its entirety.

That does work. Thanks for the tip.

In my opinion, there had to be some threshold. Obviously those on the wrong side of that threshold feel discriminated against (and I don't refute their feelings). But supposed they moved the threshold just a little bit, then there would be another group who felt discriminated against. It's a never-ending battle and Celebrity can't win.

It looks like they gave some bonus to those who were within a single cruise (but maybe only guaranteed for 3 point cruises) and tried to make it so it would not be any more than that. There is no apparent attempt to do the same for people who were close to the not-yet-real Elite+

They tried - and when all the dust settles, I suspect they will get a grade of B+ or A- in the overall picture. There will be a few who will grade it as F on an individual basis. And probably not much in between.

Wondering if they didn't give bonus points to those close to Elite+, because there was no such tier in the old program and people were not trying to make that jump to the next level. Since there was already an Elite, people knew that they were close and possibly planned cruises to get their. Just a thought!

I cannot see on my computer what my points are - a MacBook Pro - the screen won't stay up.

So my question is this - I only have a lowly 4 pts right now so I'm guessing that I'll get 120 credits, last cruise was in Concierge so don't know if we get anything extra.

My next sailing on Eclipse 14 nights in a lowly Sky suite - would get us 8x14 = 112 plus our 120 =232 is that correct? Which would equal Select.

Next booked cruise on Infinity 15 nights in Concierge 5x15=75 plus our 232 = 307 IS THAT ELITE? Under the old program after the Infinity cruise we would be Elite and am hoping under the new system that it is still the case.

Anyone that can see the screen wanna help me here.

Yes you will be Elite after your Infinity cruise.

See you at Sky lounge.

Enjoy your cruises.

Edited by iSailor

Did I miss something? What is an Aqua Class suite?

They have them on Reflection.

AquaClass Suite

Features and Highlights

Stateroom:301 sq. ft.Veranda:79 sq. ft.

All staterooms include:

• Services
    • Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
    • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
    • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• 24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

• Robe
    • Complimentary tote bag
    • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
    • Water/wine glasses
    • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens
    • Hair dryer

Stateroom features

• Private mini-bar*
    • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
    • Private safe
    • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition our suites include:

• Services
    • European-trained butler service to help you pack/unpack, make your spa appointments, dinner reservations, shore excursions and so much more
    • Priority check-in
    • Priority debarkation
    • Reserved theatre seating (on formal nights)
    • Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
    • Afternoon canapés and tea service
    • Complimentary daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino
    • Priority tender service
    • Shoeshine service

Dining

• One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant
    • Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
    • Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences

Amenities

• Bulgari luxury bath amenities
    • Plush Frette® bathrobe
    • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
    • Slippers
    • Extra handheld hair dryer
    • Additional custom bath products: nail kit, shower gel, mending kit
    • Pillow menu
    • Dual iPod/iPad docking station
    • Fresh flowers
    • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists
    • Daily fresh fruit platter

Stateroom features

• Veranda
    • Hansgrohe® showerhead

Special amenities for the AquaClass Suite include:

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room
    • Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
    • Upgraded room service menu
    • A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
    • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea
    • Aromatherapy diffuser
    • Priority check-in
    • Express luggage delivery
    • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
    • Complimentary shoeshine service

Pardon my for saying so, my intention is not to be argumentative but I really feel that that is a specious argument. Everyone that I know expected that there would be a new Elite Plus level, and that it would be set at 25 points, as on RCCL. And the reality is, they were right. A new level at 750 points was created. I exist in a hotbed of Celebrity cruisers and they were all working just as hard to get to 25 points. What makes their efforts any less worthy than people who only had 8 point?

I feel that Loracpin is just as entitled to bonus points as someone with 8 (240) points. After all, she has spent in the range of 3 times as much to get to 720 points as someone who has gotten to 240 points.

If you are going to give freebie points to some, you should give them to all, and let the chips fall where they may. That's what RCCL did.

Good grief, I threw out a guess that I thought was logical as to why no bonus, nothing more nothing less.

I'm happy to read Lorachin received a response from Captain Club that was satisfactory.

Finally, people close to Elite are getting bonus points, but these points are not making anyone Elite.

Wondering if they didn't give bonus points to those close to Elite+, because there was no such tier in the old program and people were not trying to make that jump to the next level. Since there was already an Elite, people knew that they were close and possibly planned cruises to get their. Just a thought!

That's my interpretation. No bonus for anticipating a new level. There was no rational expectation to qualify for something that had never been defined (or even acknowledged) by Celebrity. But that didn't stop some people from making plans and feeling entitled to be made whole based only on their assumptions.

It does seem to me that the growth to upper levels has been slowed down while keeping all who have already qualified. Now by possibly creating three methods for distributing the most popular benefit (free drinks) into Michael's Club for Zenith and top suites, the Lounge for Elite+ and vouchers for Elite, the crowding issues may be improved. And attrition by age or displeasure causing some to change cruise lines will also have some impact.

So basically they were working the system with that short cruise to get two cheap points and the system changed. Sorry but that happens. Celebrity could not possible make a change and make everyone happy I think they did a pretty good job with this upgrade.

Working the system? Those were the bona fide terms that Celebrity offered. And my friends accepted, and paid in full.

Everyone is giving Celebrity credit for making the people whole, who are not yet Elite, by giving them bonus points so that they are the same distance away from Elite as they were before the conversion.

I'm just saying that this is one instance where the cruisers involved are actually losing ground in the conversion.

Fairness in this situation (and I acknowledge it is probably a rare one) is to make the cruisers Elite, if the cruise (that would have made them Elite in the previous system) is fully paid for.

Usually there is an ease-in period when a change of this magnitude is made.

And who knows, maybe Celebrity has a contingency plan for the odd circumstance like this one. I feel that they have always tried to be as fair as possible in their dealings with people, or at least that has been my experience.

That's my interpretation. No bonus for anticipating a new level. There was no rational expectation to qualify for something that had never been defined (or even acknowledged) by Celebrity. But that didn't stop some people from making plans and feeling entitled to be made whole based only on their assumptions.

It does seem to me that the growth to upper levels has been slowed down while keeping all who have already qualified. Now by possibly creating three methods for distributing the most popular benefit (free drinks) into Michael's Club for Zenith and top suites, the Lounge for Elite+ and vouchers for Elite, the crowding issues may be improved. And attrition by age or displeasure causing some to change cruise lines will also have some impact.

If elites get vouchers and I just get the sky lounge I am going to petition to be bounced back to elite! :D:D

I like the voucher system much better as I can enjoy different venues around the ship. Just sorry they stop allowing vouchers at the martini bar.

In other words, you can't lose something that was never there in the old program.

Working the system? Those were the bona fide terms that Celebrity offered. And my friends accepted, and paid in full.

Everyone is giving Celebrity credit for making the people whole, who are not yet Elite, by giving them bonus points so that they are the same distance away from Elite as they were before the conversion.

I'm just saying that this is one instance where the cruisers involved are actually losing ground in the conversion.

Fairness in this situation (and I acknowledge it is probably a rare one) is to make the cruisers Elite, if the cruise (that would have made them Elite in the previous system) is fully paid for.

And who knows, maybe Celebrity has a contingency plan for the odd circumstance like this one. I feel that they have always tried to be as fair as possible in their dealings with people, or at least that has been my experience.

Celebrity certainly could not programmatically cover every situation (but I have to give them kudos for many of the things they were able to do). But this is one of those cases where a call to Captain's Club could well result in some movement on Celebrity's part.

Unfortunately, programs can change and the only things guaranteed are usually those that were already earned and given. Future impact is subject to change and your friends may be simply victims of circumstance. Still, there is enough logic on their side that a call, if handled well, may help them out. I wish them luck.

Celebrity certainly could not programmatically cover every situation (but I have to give them kudos for many of the things they were able to do). But this is one of those cases where a call to Captain's Club could well result in some movement on Celebrity's part.

Unfortunately, programs can change and the only things guaranteed are usually those that were already earned and given. Future impact is subject to change and your friends may be simply victims of circumstance. Still, there is enough logic on their side that a call, if handled well, may help them out. I wish them luck.

I totally agree with you. It would have been almost impossible to cover all eventualities in the programming.

As I said, I have always found Celebrity to be very fair, and I am hoping that a tactful call to Captain's Club will resolve this situation in a positive way for my friends.

Thank you for your good wishes.:)

My prediction is Michael's club for elites + and above and sky lounge for Elites;)

Sorry if my term was off putting. However you gave the impression that your friends booked that short cruise, not because they wanted that cruise, but rather that it would set them up as elite for their longer cruise. To me that is working the system.

Nothing against it and it really is smart use of resources on their part. However this time the system they were working was changed, as in the program rules can be changed without notice. It happens.

The only way that celebrity could have made everyone happy was to make anyone who has even seen a celebrity ship a Zenith. Since that can't happen I believe they did the best that they could.

Everyone that follows these boards new that change was coming. There was no way celebrity could support the number of elites that the old system was producing. They followed Royals lead in developing the new tiers and earning methodology and even improved it somewhat. :)

Sorry if my term was off putting. However you gave the impression that your friends booked that short cruise, not because they wanted that cruise, but rather that it would set them up as elite for their longer cruise. To me that is working the system.

Nothing against it and it really is smart use of resources on their part. However this time the system they were working was changed, as in the program rules can be changed without notice. It happens.

The only way that celebrity could have made everyone happy was to make anyone who has even seen a celebrity ship a Zenith. Since that can't happen I believe they did the best that they could.

Everyone that follows these boards new that change was coming. There was no way celebrity could support the number of elites that the old system was producing. They followed Royals lead in developing the new tiers and earning methodology and even improved it somewhat. :)

Well, yes, they did follow Royal's lead in developing new tiers. Unfortunately they didn't follow Royal's lead in giving bonus points to everyone. That would pretty much have taken care of most of the problems. No need "to make anyone who has ever seen a ship a Zenith". :D

As far as my friends are concerned, they were booking the cruise anyway, but yes, they went up to Aquaclass to get the extra point so that they could be Elite for their transatlantic, as they no longer can access the free beverage package for transatlantics and their Open Passage OBC dropped from $300 to $50. Since the cost of their transatlantic this year is 2.5 times the cost of virtually the same cruise last year, they are trying to save money where possible. As far as booking an upper category for the extra point, I think people do that all the time: from the evidence on these boards, I would think that is the Number One reason that anyone books Concierge Class. It was just the way you used "working the system" and "cheap points" that made it sound as if my friends were doing something unsavory.

And I have no problem with Celebrity reducing the speed at which clients can advance through the loyalty tiers, As you say, it had to happen. I just think you have to keep fairness as your measuring stick at all times.

Just a note but I checked my Xpress pass for an upcoming Equinox cruise and it says Elite plus. So it appears that the IT Dept has done something worthwhile today.

Anyone who has a cruise in the oven with online check in done check to see what your status is.

My prediction is Michael's club for elites + and above and sky lounge for Elites;)
Fine as long as those who are Elite + and above will still have the option of joining their friends in the sky lounge instead of going to Michael's Club without them.

I will still take cruises and not worry about the level or spend extra to chase after it. If I cruise enough I will be "rewarded". To spend excessive money to get a few free drinks and etc doesn't make any sense. Get a drink pack and drink when and what you want and not be limited to a few drinks, in designated bars and hours.

Plus by the time I ever reach elite plus or above I will probably be very old and can't drink because of all the meds that I will be taking. I think that is the plan, give them free drinks because they wouldn't be able to drink. Perks aren't really perks if you can't use them.

🎄🎅

Well, yes, they did follow Royal's lead in developing new tiers. Unfortunately they didn't follow Royal's lead in giving bonus points to everyone. That would pretty much have taken care of most of the problems. No need "to make anyone who has ever seen a ship a Zenith". :D

As far as my friends are concerned, they were booking the cruise anyway, but yes, they went up to Aquaclass to get the extra point so that they could be Elite for their transatlantic, as they no longer can access the free beverage package for transatlantics and their Open Passage OBC dropped from $300 to $50. Since the cost of their transatlantic this year is 2.5 times the cost of virtually the same cruise last year, they are trying to save money where possible. As far as booking an upper category for the extra point, I think people do that all the time: from the evidence on these boards, I would think that is the Number One reason that anyone books Concierge Class. It was just the way you used "working the system" and "cheap points" that made it sound as if my friends were doing something unsavory.

And I have no problem with Celebrity reducing the speed at which clients can advance through the loyalty tiers, As you say, it had to happen. I just think you have to keep fairness as your measuring stick at all times.

There is nothing wrong with cheap points. I have some myself, two night cruise on the century for a point was one. It was wise to use the system to your advantage when you could.

However when the system changes you deal with it. One way your friends could conceivable deal with it would be to bounce their short cruise from AQ to S1. I didn't check prices but I don't think it would be prohibitive. That may give them enough points to move into elite for their TA.