Cruise Critic Community
rjgdjg

Musing About Cruising Blogging About Caribbean Cruises

Hi-

Thought I'd share my blog--it's meant to inform and entertain (I hope!) newbie and veteran cruisers alike. It focuses primarily on the Caribbean and I invite you to take a look and comment.

But, is there any better site than Cruise Critic?!!

-- Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

Somewhere along the line, this has probably happened to you. You go to a cruise review site to check out how people liked a ship you’re thinking of taking. The first review says it’s the best ever. The second review trashes it.

What a minute, you wonder, weren’t you guys on the same ship?

Check out my blog for some thoughts about what makes a review worth reading--and writing. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com.

See Musing About Cruising (http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com) for some near-the-pier highlights of the desert-meets-ocean islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.

Thanks for sharing your insights on the ABCs. We have never been to any of these ports, but have heard great things about Aruba and we have had an uncle who loved Curacao. Also thought your post about keeping the cruise going was great. Starting our own blog was one way we too have been trying to extend our cruise vacations! Just wish I could take better pictures and then I would consider submitting them!

..for your kind comments! Much appreciated!

And congrats on getting your own blog up and running. I took a peek over lunch (still working full time) and thought you did a really nice job!

I thought the Excursions section was a particularly good idea (I haven't seen it on any other blogs) and the household items packing tips was very creative. And absolutely loved the "Drop Us an Anchor." I'll be following you! - Musing About Cruising (Diana Greenburg, formerly of New York, now of Jacksonville, FL)

Thanks Diana for the feedback. It is a work in progress.

It was something I wanted to do for a while now and finally decided to take the plunge.

Part of the reason we love cruising are the excursions, so for us it made sense to have a separate section. A lot of people include their excursions in the cruise reviews. To us, they are separate. You can have a great cruise, not so great excursion, and vice-versa. Glad you likes how we set that up.

Thanks for following us and you can sign up for our weekly newsletter to stay up-to-date on our site.

Do you have a newsletter, I would love to sign up if you do?

I'm afraid I don't do a newsletter...maybe some day! Just do postings about every other week. Loved that you sent a link to your ebook--fabulous idea!

..for your kind comments! Much appreciated!

And congrats on getting your own blog up and running. I took a peek over lunch (still working full time) and thought you did a really nice job!

I thought the Excursions section was a particularly good idea (I haven't seen it on any other blogs) and the household items packing tips was very creative. And absolutely loved the "Drop Us an Anchor." I'll be following you! - Musing About Cruising (Diana Greenburg, formerly of New York, now of Jacksonville, FL)

Thanks! We need to promote the ebook more to try and get email subscribers. It is a learning process as we have only been blogging for a month. Any advice?

Hi-

I don't have any personal experience, but my spouse thinks that if you can get it on Amazon (apparently, they accept e-books), it would provide a lot of opportunity to get exposure, particularly if you can get some folks to review it. You might also consider:

* Joining a local writing group (e.g., I'm a member of the Florida Writer's Association)

* Subscribing to Writer's Digest

Both of these will give you ideas on how to promote your e-book. Hope that helps! - Diana

Thanks! We need to promote the ebook more to try and get email subscribers. It is a learning process as we have only been blogging for a month. Any advice?

Thank you, JimAOk1945, for your compliment!

I've just scratched the surface in looking at your wife's website, but I was quite impressed with the photos I've seen so far. Some of them, like the sunset one, are positively breathtaking! And I was so jealous of your Alaska ones--on our trip, five of the seven days had rain or were very overcast. Was nice to see what Ketchikan looks like with a blue sky!

Do you guys do other things with your photos? - Diana

I've just scratched the surface in looking at your wife's website, but I was quite impressed with the photos I've seen so far. Some of them, like the sunset one, are positively breathtaking! And I was so jealous of your Alaska ones--on our trip, five of the seven days had rain or were very overcast. Was nice to see what Ketchikan looks like with a blue sky!

Do you guys do other things with your photos? - Diana

Diana,

I'm glad you enjoyed my wife's website and slide shows. I'll pass on your comments to her. You asked whether she does other things with her photos. She also makes slideshows of each trip and adds background music and copies each one onto separate DVD's so we can enjoy reliving our vacations by watching them unfold on our TV.

She used to print out some of her favorite pictures and put them into photo albums. Now, she uploads her favorite pictures to Walmart's website and makes a photo book about each vacation and cruise. She says is easy and there are different options for book sizes, covers, backgrounds and text. They are great coffee table conversation books.

Sorry to hear your Alaska cruise was rained out. I guess we have been very fortunate with good weather for both of our Alaska cruises. We went in August both times. I'm not sure whether that made any difference. Hopefully, you will get to go on another one someday.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

While the crowds flock to the main dining room or buffet, others enjoy better food (free!) in quiet and peace. What’s up with that? They’ve discovered the cruise food hideaways. Visit http://musingaboutcruising.com to find one on your ship.

Hi-

I don't have any personal experience, but my spouse thinks that if you can get it on Amazon (apparently, they accept e-books), it would provide a lot of opportunity to get exposure, particularly if you can get some folks to review it. You might also consider:

* Joining a local writing group (e.g., I'm a member of the Florida Writer's Association)

* Subscribing to Writer's Digest

Both of these will give you ideas on how to promote your e-book. Hope that helps! - Diana

Thanks for the advice. I have been looking into blogging groups/masterminds to join. It is a bit tough right now as I am working three jobs and we are doing the blog.

This first ebook is just to get subscribers-in the future we are thinking of a much more detailed and comprehensive book we can perhaps sell.

Keep on cruising...and writing! :D

Freebies and extra fun abound at cruisecritic.com's Meet and Mingles. If you haven't been to one, be sure to check it out on your next trip. (See the site's Meet and Mingle page for details.)

Loyalty clubs, too, are a great way to score some free events and bennies on your cruise.

Check out http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com for details on both great resources whether your upcoming trip is your first or 21st!