just bought a ncl gift card!

vols_159

For Christmas for my parents! anyone bought one yet?

Did you buy it through HSN and get one of their gift cards along with it for free? There was a thread on her in the last couple of days with the details. I ordered 2 of the $500 cards, and will be getting 2 of the $100 gift cards from HSN for free.

There's the original thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1947139&highlight=gift+card

Edited by Got Tequila?

Did you buy it through HSN and get one of their gift cards along with it for free? There was a thread on her in the last couple of days with the details. I ordered 2 of the $500 cards, and will be getting 2 of the $100 gift cards from HSN for free.

No I didn't know anything about that

Wow. I think I will order them up and save them for a good deal on the next cruise. Especially if they are giving away extras. I hope that deal is all year round. Also, how long did it take you to receive your gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am attempting to purchase this now but it seems like I am being charged $43 for tax. I didn't think gift cards were taxable. Was anyone else charged tax?

Shouldn't be? Sure you didn't click fast shipping?

I am attempting to purchase this now but it seems like I am being charged $43 for tax. I didn't think gift cards were taxable. Was anyone else charged tax?

Update...sure enough when it went through I was not charged tax. It was estimated but then removed at final checkout.

That HSN offer was a great deal. We took advantage of it and I told a few of our friends that cruise NCL

I guess if some people didnt spend all their time over on the CCL boards they would have known about it before purchasing one:rolleyes:

If I bought a $500 NCL gift card, I would get that plus a $100 HSN gift card. Could I then use the $100 HSN gift card to purchase a $100 NCL gift card?

The T&C states on that page that the gift card can't be used towards buying gift cards.

There's the original thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1947139&highlight=gift+card

I took advantage of HSN as well. I've received my NCL cards but nothing from HSN regarding their gift cards. I wonder if they mail them? Or if it's an online code? I was hoping to use them for some Christmas shopping :confused:.

Two questions:

1) I have a cruise coming up in 3 weeks. Is it possible to "swap out" the payment I made from my credit card with the NCL Gift Card? Like if I call NCL and say that I forgot I had a gift card and wanted to use that instead of my credit card (even though it was already charged), would this work?

2) Are these NCL cards good for ANYTHING on board, including tips?

Two questions:

1) I have a cruise coming up in 3 weeks. Is it possible to "swap out" the payment I made from my credit card with the NCL Gift Card? Like if I call NCL and say that I forgot I had a gift card and wanted to use that instead of my credit card (even though it was already charged), would this work?

2) Are these NCL cards good for ANYTHING on board, including tips?

1) might be possible but I doubt it because 2) yes, it's as good as cash money onboard.

Only NCL given promotional OBC has restrictions about paying DSC with it - and even that can be used to individual tips for f.ex. room steward, butler or concierge, just go to guest services and ask for a voucher to give them.

Edited by Demonyte

I am thinking of purchasing a couple cards. One I can apply toward my cruise fare and the other will be my obc. Then get a card for HSN. Sounds good to me. If I spend the money now and pay up my credit card in the next couple months, while on the cruise it feels so nice to have it all pre-paid.

I still wish they sold the NCL cards in the gift card keosk at the supermarket. I would pick one up weekly while food shopping.

Jon

We ordered ours through HSN and they should arrive about the time the 2015 schedule shows up.

I did do some research on the card. If it is not used within 13 months, they will start deducting $3.00 per month while not in use. Once you use it again, you have another 13 months before they start deducting.

I called NCL and was told I can book my cruise with my FCC and then put the gift card down as part of a payment. You can also go to guest services once on board and put the card to use on your On Board account.

I'm going to call NCL today and see if I can retroactively get credit back on my CC for fares already paid, and use the gift card instead. This might actually be possible, since I am not getting any kind of refund, but rather swapping payment methods. If so, I will be ordering like four of those $500 cards and have a fun little HSN shopping spree for $400 when I get back.

If this is possible, I will report back here.

Edited by pokerpro5

I'm going to call NCL today and see if I can retroactively get credit back on my CC for fares already paid, and use the gift card instead. This might actually be possible, since I am not getting any kind of refund, but rather swapping payment methods. If so, I will be ordering like four of those $500 cards and have a fun little HSN shopping spree for $400 when I get back.

If this is possible, I will report back here.

You can only use 1 card towards your final payment. And I believe you can only use up to 3 total once on board.

That HSN offer was a great deal. We took advantage of it and I told a few of our friends that cruise NCL

I guess if some people didnt spend all their time over on the CCL boards they would have known about it before purchasing one:rolleyes:

Stalking my internet activity..lol