Online Check In Up And Running

I just used the new online check-in process on the RCCL website. Pretty good idea, but it's clunky and slow. It took about 10 minutes due to a slow server on their end. But it sure beats standing in a long line at the pier!

I am travelling on Explorer on July 31. Not sure if it's up for everyone or just certain sailing/ships.

Check it out. :)

Sooo what exactly does this mean? Do you get to bypass standing in line ALTOGETHER? Do you just get in the line that says Boarding the ship?

Basically, I'm wondering what the difference is between this new system and doing your documents online before you go? Anyone

Sooo what exactly does this mean? Do you get to bypass standing in line ALTOGETHER? Do you just get in the line that says Boarding the ship?

Basically, I'm wondering what the difference is between this new system and doing your documents online before you go? Anyone

This new system basically cuts your time-in-line to 3 to 5 minutes. You process all of the paperwork, credit card information for onboard purchases, and necessary information for check-in prior to arriving at the pier. All you have to show is your passport or ID/Birth Certificate, get your photo for your SeaPass and you're done. You also need to bring the bar-coded paperwork that you've printed as part of the process to embarkation.

I read somewhere that this is how RCCL will speed up the check-in process for all voyages.

If you've completed the online boarding docs you will get a printout of the Set Sail Pass. This barcoded pass will then allow you to go directly to the Set Sail pass line upon checkin at the pier. If you don't have the Set Sail Pass you will be waiting on line with everyone else. They said all you need is the Pass, your ID & credit card day of checkin for verification.

Dyanna

I am a little confused :( . I had filled out my boarding documents some time back and I do not see any option on the webpage to fill out any other documents. Can you please tell me where on the website I need to go to.:confused:

You might have to go back to the online checkin on RCCL's website that you had completed earlier like I had to. They ask for the same info but broken down into sections which makes it easier. In section 4 is where you will print your SetSail Pass.

Dyanna

You might have to go back to the online checkin on RCCL's website that you had completed earlier like I had to. They ask for the same info but broken down into sections which makes it easier. In section 4 is where you will print your SetSail Pass.

Dyanna

That's how I found it as well. Pretty easy to follow, but as I posted earlier, it's clunky and slow. I am sure it will speed up in time.

This is a little long but should answer your questions about online check-in.

Online Check-in

Can I check-in for my cruise vacation in advance?

Yes. Online Check-In may be completed at http://www.royalcaribbean.com. Completing the Online Check-In process for all the guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier, which means your cruise vacation adventure can start immediately.

Online Check-In must be completed at least 48 hours prior to sailing. Our pier staff will validate all information prior to boarding. Any discrepancies may result in a delay or denial of boarding.

If I complete the Online Check-In process, will I have a designated area to have documents validated at the pier?

Yes. Guests who have completed Online Check-In will have an area designated for thier documentation validation. By checking in online, you will expedite your boarding process and will be able to start enjoying your cruise vacation much faster. Look for the SetSail Pass signs at the pier.

What do I do if I'm having trouble printing the SetSail Pass?

If clicking the print button in the SetSail Pass pop-up window does not launch the printer dialog window, try holding down the command key and "P" if you're on a Mac or the control key and "P" in you're on a PC. This should launch your printer dialog window.

What do I need in order to complete the Online Check-In process?

In order to complete Online Check-In successfully, you will need the following:

Personal Information for each guest are checking in online

Identification Document information for each guest you are checking in online

Crown & Anchor Society Membership Number (if applicable)

Onward Travel Plans

Onboard Expense Account Information (i.e credit card, booking information that is authorized to charge against the account)

You will also need to establish an Onboard Expense Account via either credit card or cash.

What documents do I need to present at the pier if I have not already checked-in online?

You will need to present the following forms at check-in:

Charge Account and Cruise Ticket Contract Form

Guest Information Form

Immigration Forms (if applicable)

These forms are contained within your Guest Vacation Documents or will be available at the pier.

You will also need to present:

Identification Documents (proof of Citizenship) for each guest

Credit Card used for your Onboard Expense Account

What documents will I need to present at the pier if I have completed the Online Check-In process?

You will need to present:

SetSail Pass

Identification Documents (proff of Citizenship) for each guest

Credit Card used for your Onboard Expense Account

Onboard Expense Account Information (i.e credit card, booking information that is authorized to charge against the account)

Note: If you successfully complete online check-in and receive a SetSail Pass, you will NOT be required to complete any of the forms contained within your Guest Vacation Documents relating to check-in.

What is the SetSail Pass?

The SetSail Pass is your confirmation for Online Check-In. It indicates that you successfully completed the check-in process for you and those guests listed on your SetSail Pass.

All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board. Any minors under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult 25 and older in order to board.

I'm having the same problem and can't find where to complete the forms either.:confused:

Gary and Tracy,

LOG IN to your record on RCCL's site, look for BOARDING DOCUMENTS on the LEFT side of the page, then follow the prompts.

To LOG IN I've always used the lower option of SURNAME, RESERVATION NUMBER, DATE of DEPARTURE, and SHIP. (BTW the caps are for the items you should look for, not screaming from me online :) ). Good luck!

Atljoo

I did everything that you said and the only form that I am allowed to fill out is the guest information sheet. There is nothing about the setsail pass or whatever or a place to enter credit card information. i am not typically computer illiterate but the rccl website is about to cause me to throw my computer out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did everything that you said and the only form that I am allowed to fill out is the guest information sheet. There is nothing about the setsail pass or whatever or a place to enter credit card information. i am not typically computer illiterate but the rccl website is about to cause me to throw my computer out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCCL may be slowly letting passengers use the process according to ship, sail date, or some arbitrary method. Do not throw the computer out the window. RCCL will not reimburse you because it's not in the contract :eek:. LOL!

Really, if you can't do it online it's not a big deal. At least you're cruising! :)

I, too, have filled out the boarding documents and there is no place asking for credit card information, nor is there anything that mentions a setsail pass. I've printed my completed boarding documents and there is no barcode or setsail pass. I wonder if this option is only available for certain ships in the fleet. I'm sailing on Serenade of the Seas and we depart this coming Sunday July 17th.

Hmmm, are you only eligible to print a setsail pass if you're X number of days from departure?

I even did a search on the RCCL website for "setsail pass" and "online check-in" and came up empty-handed.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Tracey

I had already done that but went back and checked again. The only thing I can go to is the guest information forms and print out the summary. If it's under the online forms area I can't access it. Guessing it could be because I booked through a travel agent. :mad:

I have tried a number of times but nowhere do I see anything for online checkin. Is it only available to those who are booked directly with RCI or for everyone? I guess I'll just check in when I get to PC and being in a suite I get to go in the "special" line!!!:D

On the RCCL website there are a few pull down menus at the top of the screen, click on "Before you Board" and the pull down menu will show "boarding documents". There you will get to the check in and eventually to the sail pass.

I have been trying for days to get done and the process is so slow that I keep getting time out errors. I used this system three years ago when we sailed and it was a huge time saver at the pier.

I completed the Guest Information and then 24 hours later I was able to complete the remainder and get the pass. Maybe they process some info first and then allow you to complete the on-line check in

I'm cruising on the Mariner 7/31. I registered online, but all I was able to print was the guest information form. I just spoke to my mom, and she also was only able to print the guest info. form. Is this true of anyone else sailing on the same ship/time? Or did I miss something? :confused:

Archived