Help-Questions B4 I Book Pls

So sorry to ask but its been a long time since I went on RCL ;) In July we will be on the NOS out of Galveston.

We are a family of 6. Kiddos are 15, 14 12, and 8. And on a budget. :)

Room help- I like 4 in a Balcony and 2 Inside, kind of close together , Whats your fav Balcony. FYI height does't seem to bother us. So forward or mid ship. Kind of close to pool and food, my knees are getting old, :eek:

Now that are children are older we all love any kind of Trivia, Karoke, Is the much of that kind of thing? And Shows. I read somewhere to try and book shows in advance, is there a charge for the Shows.

We like Anytime Dining. So settled that ;)

Is there a Bon Voyage store to order Rum in advance? We will be taking 2 bottles of wine and water if its still allowed.

Do we have to pre pay gratuities?

I think thats enough to get me started. I really thank you really for your help. I have to book tonight .....:D

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I have not sailed on that ship. The only definite thing is if you choose My Time Dining you have to prepay gratuities. On every RC ship I have sailed on there are plenty of trivia games, I am a trivia nut too.

Edited by dacsmom

To be closest to pool and Windjammer, you should book on deck 10. You can't buy a bottle of liquor for on board consumption, only wine. Yes you can carry on two bottles of wine per cabin for those over 21. I suggest you book you in one cabin and husband in the other, therefore allowing for each of you to carry on two bottles of wine. You can switch to the same cabin after boarding.

To be closest to pool and Windjammer, you should book on deck 10. You can't buy a bottle of liquor for on board consumption, only wine. Yes you can carry on two bottles of wine per cabin for those over 21. I suggest you book you in one cabin and husband in the other, therefore allowing for each of you to carry on two bottles of wine. You can switch to the same cabin after boarding.

Thanks so much, I have booked deck 9 , 2 cabins. One thing to cross off my list :D

So if we want to drink , we pay for each one. I was hoping to make in my one sometimes, oh well. Or do they have special bundles for that ?

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I have not sailed on that ship. The only definite thing is if you choose My Time Dining you have to prepay gratuities. On every RC ship I have sailed on there are plenty of trivia games, I am a trivia nut too.

Good information thanks :)

Yes, we will have 2 cabins. So two bottles each I'm the wine drinker , hubby beer.

There are various drink packages available, but with these packages you can only get drinks at one of the bars, not from room service. And you can only order one drink at a time. So the only way to get a drink in your room is to take it there after getting it from the bar if you buy a drinks package. See the web site for vairious packages. Or if you don't buy a package, you can order drinks from room service to your cabin. Also, if you do not buy a drinks package you can order as many drinks at once as you want. Many people buy a bucket of beers, then take the unopened ones back to their cabin. And many people buy several shots in a large glass, no ice, and take that back to make drinks in the cabin. In case you don't know, you have to ask your room steward for ice now. We always request morning and evening ice service. And if you have a small cooler, they will gladly fill that as well.

There are various drink packages available, but with these packages you can only get drinks at one of the bars, not from room service. And you can only order one drink at a time. So the only way to get a drink in your room is to take it there after getting it from the bar if you buy a drinks package. See the web site for vairious packages. Or if you don't buy a package, you can order drinks from room service to your cabin. Also, if you do not buy a drinks package you can order as many drinks at once as you want. Many people buy a bucket of beers, then take the unopened ones back to their cabin. And many people buy several shots in a large glass, no ice, and take that back to make drinks in the cabin. In case you don't know, you have to ask your room steward for ice now. We always request morning and evening ice service. And if you have a small cooler, they will gladly fill that as well.

You gave me some great ideas. I bet my DH will get a bucket of beer.

And yes, it very interesting reading about all the packages :)