Must Haves at International Cafe

chrismch

I tend to like the Lunch foods the best...the Greek Salad, the grilled vegetables, spinach salad, shrimp salad and the quiche is wonderful! As far as the breakfast items, our favorites are the almond croissants, especially when fresh from the oven. We enjoy a quick bite at the IC after returning from being out and about at a port to hold us over to dinner. God forbid we should miss a meal...

The afternoon cookies are great as well especially when warm, personal favorites are the oatmeal raisin and the peanut butter. And did I forget chocolate chip?

The International Cafe' is really wonderful...other cruise lines we have sailed all have some type of cafe' with snacks and light meals, but non measure up to the IC!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I think all IC's except on Caribbean Princess have gelato, it is a slight charge, but oh my! My husband fell in love with the Nutella. The price is like $1.50 for 3 scoops of any flavor combinations you like, I think they usually have 8 or so to choose from.

One of everything. ;)

Good idea! Start there and narrow it down to the things you like the most-lol!

Seriously, DH brings me great breakfast pastries when he goes down to get his freshly brewed coffee. The shrimp salad is wonderful if they don't load it with fennel. If they do, you can ask them to make it for you without the fennel. The chicken salad is great, too. If you're on a ship with gelato, it's a must do.

Edited by FritzG

Good idea! Start there and narrow it down to the things you like the most-lol!

Seriously, DH brings me great breakfast pastries when he goes down to get his freshly brewed coffee. The shrimp salad is wonderful if they don't load it with fennel. If they do, you can ask them to make it for you without the fennel. The chicken salad is great, too. If you're on a ship with gelato, it's a must do.

Hint :

Ask for a cardboard drink carrier @ the coffee bar . They usually have them in the back . Makes it easy for bringing coffee's and a few pastries back to your cabin. Then reuse the carrier all cruise. Eliminates spills and balancing acts @ the door.

One thing we did NOT like was the beignets - it wasn't that they tasted so bad, they just weren't beignets like you might get in New Orleans, more like a square doughnut, but not quite right there either. I was looking forward to them...and those dang expectations got me!

Here are a few photos to whet your appetite:

5440205642_70e46831f2_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

5480370118_9f5945fccd_z.jpg

5425799802_490ddd381e_z.jpg

After seeing those pictures, all I can say is I'm glad we have less than 48 hours till we're on board and able to enjoy all those goodies. I don't think I could look at those pictures if I had to wait much longer than that. ;)

The tiny peanut butter chocolate cups in the demitasse cups is to die for! On a somewhat healthier note, the bran muffins are great! If you hold one in each hand maybe they cancel each other out? You can also get a nice fruit, cheese and nut plate in the afternoon to drink with your evening glass of wine. You have to ask for them to make it up, but they will and I always write up the person that does this for me and at the end of the cruise give them a little extra tip in one of the envelopes. The staff at the IC is pretty consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by GweninTX

One suggestion for the IC, is that they have croissants of rolls of some sort to go along with salads. DH would give me the top to his caprese sandwich to round out my shrimp salad. We were told breads were avail. only in the evening, not during lunch hour.:o

One suggestion for the IC, is that they have croissants of rolls of some sort to go along with salads. DH would give me the top to his caprese sandwich to round out my shrimp salad. We were told breads were avail. only in the evening, not during lunch hour.:o

I agree!

Sometimes I get the grilled vegetables, and then I go up to HC and make myself a nice salad and put the grilled veggies on top. They used to have grilled veggies in HC, but sadly I haven't seen them in a couple of years.