1-2-3 go Free Basic Beverage Package?

English Tim

The menu prices exclude gratuities, but when a package is bought, gratuities are included, so you can choose drinks to a max of $8 and beers to $5. If a drink was bought outside a package the cost would be $9.20 or $5.75

Tim the OP said they put drinks prices up in Southampton to include gratuities.... So my question was if this is the case are we able to pick drinks up to $9.20 as we have already paid the tip?

Tim the OP said they put drinks prices up in Southampton to include gratuities.... So my question was if this is the case are we able to pick drinks up to $9.20 as we have already paid the tip?

If you are on a cruise where the menu prices are adjusted up to include gratuities, such as round trip sailings out of Southampton, then the package limits will be increased accordingly and rounded up slightly. You'll be able to buy the equivalent of the published price before gratuity. I'm not sure of the exact amounts as I've heard that there has been a recent small increase in both drink prices and the corresponding package limits.

Here is a link to a menu from a past cruise out of Southampton posted by another Cruise critic member when the limits were $8 and $12 before gratuities.http://www.thepreismans.com/baltic_2013_menus.htm

Edited by Lsimon

I am a little confused about this. We have a classic package and are sailing out Of Southampton..... Does this mean we will be able to choose drinks up to €9.20?

When cruises leave from the UK the bar menu prices are uplifted by the 15% gratuity. so an $8 dollar drink in the US (to which is added the $1.20 gratuity) is shown as $9.20 in the cruises leaving from the UK menus.

The classic package covers $8 plus gratuity or $9.20 on a cruise leaving from the UK. It is just the cruise companies getting round our (un)natural reluctance to tip in the UK

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

My goodness me, it's very confusing. I hadn't realised about Southampton prices being different from elsewhere. I have for a long time thought that UK cruise prices were higher than those in the US, specifically due to the number of Brits who remove gratuities and this policy seems to confirm this.

I try and book through a TA from USA.

Hi all,

I have booked a few rooms on celebrity and due to the number of kids in the party, have allocated a room for them. Same problem of classic drinks package not offered to them so just wondered how easy is it to just get a few drinks for them with our passes anyway.

Also, if going on an excursion, is it easy enough to get more than one bottled drink for the day if we are on the classic drinks package?

Many thanks,

Shilu

Hi all,

I have booked a few rooms on celebrity and due to the number of kids in the party, have allocated a room for them. Same problem of classic drinks package not offered to them so just wondered how easy is it to just get a few drinks for them with our passes anyway.

Also, if going on an excursion, is it easy enough to get more than one bottled drink for the day if we are on the classic drinks package?

Many thanks,

Shilu

If they are all in the same cabin, you can choose the OBC instead of the drinks package option from the 123 promotion and then use this to purchase soda packages for the kids.

• 2 months later...
The "free" promo package is the "Classic Beverage Package". It includes a pretty broad category of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The alcoholic beverages in the classic package include a lot of nice brand name products and call brands of spirits but not what I'd call premium, or top shelf, brands.

If you look at the Celebrity package descriptions on this link: click here

You'll see that a word in the first paragraph of each package description is underlined - that is a link that will take you to a representative list of the soft drinks, spirits and beers included in that package.

You can upgrade from the free package to the premium package for $11.50 per person per night. If you find out on board that you'd like to upgrade then you can do it on board and I think you can do it after the beginning of the cruise at a price prorated for the remainder of the cruise as well.

Just booked a cruise with perk for Classic package...

Will this code appear on our sailcard or is there something else we need to do when we board to activate it?

If we upgrade onboard, does the 15% service charge just get added to the $11.50 increment per day? I understand that there is no service charge on the promo Classic package itself.

Thanks!

Barbara

Just booked a cruise with perk for Classic package...

Will this code appear on our sailcard or is there something else we need to do when we board to activate it?

If we upgrade onboard, does the 15% service charge just get added to the $11.50 increment per day? I understand that there is no service charge on the promo Classic package itself.

Thanks!

Barbara

The upgrade is actually $10/pp/per day.

The extra $1.50 is the "service charge" or gratuity.