Combining points with spouse

My family and I just returned from an RC cruise. We've been getting 2 cabins per cruise, a JS and regular cabin. We book one room under DH and one under me, so that kids can have their own room. I've been told that regardless of how the cabins are booked, the larger amount of points gets credited to both members.

First cruise me 14pts JS 7nts x2 DH 7pts-interior 7nts x1

2nd cruise me 9 pst room 9nts x1 DH 18pts-JS 9nts x2

By my calc we should have 32 pts. 14/18. Am I doing this right?

First cruise the JS was under my name, this time under his. However, RC has only credited me for the regular cabin. Can someone explain to me how this works? It's making the difference of staying gold or crossing over. Thanks!

I've been told that regardless of how the cabins are booked, the larger amount of points gets credited to both members.

This is incorrect. Points are given to those based on the cabin they're booked in.

You should have 23 points, and your DH should have 25.

Now, the way that your status works is that you both will get the status of the higher number of points for either of you. Since you're both at the Gold level, there's no difference, but imagine that you then go on a 6-night cruise. You'd then have 29 points while your DH has 31, but you'd both be considered Platinum after that cruise.

We have parents that did the same thing, however, it was so we could use their senior discount. Since we maintain all their RCI passwords, we watch the points.

Each person showed a different total in points, however, when one turned D+, the other parent got that same credit.

That was our experience. Knowing RCI, they may have done something else with others.

My family and I just returned from an RC cruise. We've been getting 2 cabins per cruise, a JS and regular cabin. We book one room under DH and one under me, so that kids can have their own room. I've been told that regardless of how the cabins are booked, the larger amount of points gets credited to both members.

First cruise the JS was under my name, this time under his. However, RC has only credited me for the regular cabin. Can someone explain to me how this works? It's making the difference of staying gold or crossing over. Thanks!

Royal keeps a count of separate count of points for each guest. If the guests are linked, then each guest gets the "appearance" of having the points of the highest guest.

You should have 14 + 9 = 23 points. Your husband should have 7 + 18 = 25 points. Therefore if either of you looks at your point total on the website, should say 25 points.

With hindsight, you should always let the person with the highest individual point total stay in the stateroom which will get the most points, so you both get the max benefit of the linking process.

U should have reserved the JS both times. However with that said whenever I take a cruise without husband, meaning he isn't even there. I sign onto his account and it shows him as many points as me.