Jewel Out Of Houston

jsd4224

We have booked the NCL Jewel out of Houston next November and am just starting to look at options of flights, etc and the best way to get to port. I know we can probably take the NCL transportation but we really don't want to wait around till everyone else on the shuttle arrives. Was looking at setting up a ride with Super Shuttle to Seabrook or somewhere close to the port and then just taking a taxi. Does this sound doable and if so - any recommendations on which airport or hotel?

Definitely Hobby Airport (HOU) unless you get a great deal that you can't pass up for a flight into Bush Intercontinental (IAH). Hobby is about twenty miles from the port, Bush is about twice that.

Can't recommend a hotel as I've never had occasion to stay in any in that area except for the Kemah Boardwalk Inn. I would do a search through whichever site you usually use for hotels and search Seabrook and Kemah. If you prefer to book through the hotel, use a travel site to figure out what's in the area and then call the hotel directly or use their website.

We are also leaving on the Jewel November 8, 2014. We are going to be staying a few days in Houston prior to the cruise and are searching for hotels within walking distance of the Boardwalk, that provide local transportation to place such as Johnson Space Center, and would hopefully also provide transport to the cruise terminal. I know this is a big order. So far, it seems the Comfort Inn or Comfort Suites (not sure if they are the same) is the only one recommended that may provide all. I am just starting my research as I was just able to book the airfares.

Keep me posted if you find anything promising.

Thanks,

Jules

We just booked the Comfort Suites, Bayport for $99/night. They are changing ownership in March and will become a Best Western Plus. They weren't sure what the rates would do so we went ahead and locked it in now.

She said that they would still offer free local transportation and free shuttle to the cruise terminal. Met everything we were looking for so we are happy!!

Jules