Question - taking wine onboard (20 y.o.)

TrinaLC

It's not a law, it's a policy.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Possession of alcohol by a minor is a law, usually a misdemeanor offense. In my state it is a $1200 fine, loss of driver's license for a year and 2 years of informal probation.

Edited by YubaSutter

Lol at USA alcohol age laws:D

My last Carnival cruise screening was "after" passport/ID control!

Most of the screener,s couldn't give a stuff about the age of the cruiser! They are only interested in "Quantity".

She will be fine with 2 bottles regardless of if its for your consumption or hers;)

By Geez though, dont let her go into the serenity area without age ID:D:D:D

I wouldn't worry about it. However if you think she will be carded just ask another passenger who did not bring wine to carry it thru for you. I have carried a bottle to help some one out before. As for this whole breaking the law thing? Whatever, I'm at a loss for words on that. Maybe it's because I was driving 70 mph when the speed limit was clearly posted at 65 mph on the way to my last cruise. ;)

Possession of alcohol by a minor is a law, usually a misdemeanor offense. In my state it is a $1200 fine, loss of driver's license for a year and 2 years of informal probation.

Yes I know what MIP is, yes I know it's against the law. But once again, there is NO minor in possession in this case.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Yes I know what MIP is, yes I know it's against the law. But once again, there is NO minor in possession in this case.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

The oringinal post said I am traveling with my 20 year old, and implied she is using her to justify the extra bottle of wine. So the response is that it is illegal, and than others jumped in saying it is policy. It is illegal under Fl law to possess wine by someone under 21. If the oringinal poster simply asked if people thought they can bring more than one bottle without the use of pointing out the under aged person, than no one would have assumed it. In Miami, I witnessed in customs a father having their kids carry booze to claim their limit. That family was pulled aside. I don't know the outcome and don't care. The point is, there is no need to bring your daughter into the question.

I saw another new report of another person, not related to cruising, getting in "trouble" because they were carrying items down the street to a "legal" family member, from the house of a "legal" family member. The bottle was unopened.

Yes, you can get stopped, fined or just told depending on the situation. Does it not make sense just to let people know that it is illegal, without the big debate.

For the OP, re-word your question the next time, without the use of using your daughter, whether 20, or 5, it is illegal.

Another reason to point out it is illegal, because not every state it is. But Florida it is....so someone that is visiting may not be aware.

The oringinal post said I am traveling with my 20 year old, and implied she is using her to justify the extra bottle of wine. So the response is that it is illegal, and than others jumped in saying it is policy. It is illegal under Fl law to possess wine by someone under 21. If the oringinal poster simply asked if people thought they can bring more than one bottle without the use of pointing out the under aged person, than no one would have assumed it. In Miami, I witnessed in customs a father having their kids carry booze to claim their limit. That family was pulled aside. I don't know the outcome and don't care. The point is, there is no need to bring your daughter into the question.

I saw another new report of another person, not related to cruising, getting in "trouble" because they were carrying items down the street to a "legal" family member, from the house of a "legal" family member. The bottle was unopened.

Yes, you can get stopped, fined or just told depending on the situation. Does it not make sense just to let people know that it is illegal, without the big debate.

For the OP, re-word your question the next time, without the use of using your daughter, whether 20, or 5, it is illegal.

Another reason to point out it is illegal, because not every state it is. But Florida it is....so someone that is visiting may not be aware.

The OP did not imply, you assumed, not once did she say her daughter would be in possession. Most people know that a MIP is illegal. Her question was wether she could get away with it or not just by her daughter presence , and if they would question it. If they did question it, she would lose a bottle, no big deal. The OP has came back and stated her daughter would not have possession. No laws broken.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!