PK Travel Greece Shared shore Excursions in Athens question?

Steve2006

10 minutes ago, cruisin lady ca said:

We did not purchase tickets in advance.  
Per the booking confirmation I received from PK travel, “The licensed tour guide will take care of the entrance tickets and you will pay him (in cash) on the spot.

Ok, thanks for your input.  I did see that, but also saw that you can purchase them yourself online.  I thought it might be quicker and easier if I already had them prepurchased.  I'm trying to avoid carrying lots of euros around.

We had a great tour with PL Travel.  However, I want to add one cautionary note.  When you are dropped off at the Plaka (so that you can find a restaurant for lunch), make sure you know the street names or landmarks of the location where you are to meet the bus at the appointed time.  Best approach is to take a photo on your phone!  We neglected to do that and had a hard time finding our way back to the meeting.point.  We had walked away from the Plaka and had a delicious lunch at a sidewalk cafe.  However, we lost our way back to our starting point.  As all of the street signs are in Greek, and the people we stopped to ask for help didn’t speak English, we were a little stressed about missing the bus.  Thankfully, one of the folks on our group remembered the name of a store in the Plaka.  We made it back and vowed to take photos of meeting place signs from now on.

• Like 4

Just now, cruisin lady ca said:

We had a great tour with PL Travel.  However, I want to add one cautionary note.  When you are dropped off at the Plaka (so that you can find a restaurant for lunch), make sure you know the street names or landmarks of the location where you are to meet the bus at the appointed time.  Best approach is to take a photo on your phone!  We neglected to do that and had a hard time finding our way back to the meeting.point.  We had walked away from the Plaka and had a delicious lunch at a sidewalk cafe.  However, we lost our way back to our starting point.  As all of the street signs are in Greek, and the people we stopped to ask for help didn’t speak English, we were a little stressed about missing the bus.  Thankfully, one of the folks on our group remembered the name of a store in the Plaka.  We made it back and vowed to take photos of meeting place signs from now on.

Good tip! Thanks!

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, kellymccrea said:

Asking for people who have already been on their tours, did you prepurchase your tickets to Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, and Acropolis Museum ahead of time?  And did you have to purchase them separately on separate websites?

They had the tickets for Acropolis and paid for them at the end of the tour. Temple of Zeus and Acropolis Museum we bought when we got there. There were no lines when we went to either place 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
53 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I just sent an inquiry to PK Travels for a tour for 2021.  My question is whether we should stick to the 8 hour Athens Tour or should try to combine the Athens and Corinth Tour in a 9 hour day?  This will be our first visit to Athens.

I can not comment on the trip to Corinth as we did not do it.  However we had a great tour of Athens with PK and do highly recommend them as your tour guides.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MICruise14 said:

I can not comment on the trip to Corinth as we did not do it.  However we had a great tour of Athens with PK and do highly recommend them as your tour guides.

We would agree - we did not go to Corinth, but the Athens tour was excellent

• Like 1