Cam of the Day

Its what the Solstice did this time last year. She completes its NZ section, stays overnight in Sydney, then heads off on a circumnavigation of OZ. Great trip for the many overseas visitors. We just did the Perth - Sydney leg via Bali and Darwin.

The overnight stopover in Sydney was very popular among those I spoke to...gave many a chance to see more of Sydney, and indeed quite a few booked to see a show at the Opera House.

cheers

Its what the Solstice did this time last year. She completes its NZ section, stays overnight in Sydney, then heads off on a circumnavigation of OZ. Great trip for the many overseas visitors. We just did the Perth - Sydney leg via Bali and Darwin.

The overnight stopover in Sydney was very popular among those I spoke to...gave many a chance to see more of Sydney, and indeed quite a few booked to see a show at the Opera House.

cheers

We did an overnight in sydney on her when we came back from a qld cruise bfore she was heading of to NZ and then Hawaii for her end of season relocation. It gave people a great opportunity to see Sydney at night from the boat.:D

A lucky catch of Pacific Princess in the Miraflores Locks of the Panama Canal.The tiered building is where visitors can watch the transit and call out and wave to the cruise passengers.

25canal_zps97401458.jpg

25canal2_zps7e62ffc8.jpg

Closer to home Sun Princess at the OPT

25 Jan 2014...

25sun1_zps17af2c83.jpg

25sun2_zps1afe7b8c.jpg

25sun3_zps05764103.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

The Oosterdam looks like a nice ship. I have been looking at the HAL site and they have some very good itineraries especially around the African continent.

I don't see a lot of comments about Holland America on here but I would be interested in any thoughts.

Regards Elaine.

The Oosterdam looks like a nice ship. I have been looking at the HAL site and they have some very good itineraries especially around the African continent.

I don't see a lot of comments about Holland America on here but I would be interested in any thoughts.

Regards Elaine.

HAL have some excellent itineraries . Rotterdam and Amsterdam were purpose built to do World Cruises and not being too big , are able to go to exotic destinations. The newer ships are much larger and designed for resort cruising on regular runs.

Amsterdam was (still is ??) the flagship of the Fleet. We did a repositioning cruise on Rotterdam , the Tri Continent Cruise, South America, Africa and Med. It was the best cruise we have ever done.

HAL have some excellent itineraries . Rotterdam and Amsterdam were purpose built to do World Cruises and not being too big , are able to go to exotic destinations. The newer ships are much larger and designed for resort cruising on regular runs.

Amsterdam was (still is ??) the flagship of the Fleet. We did a repositioning cruise on Rotterdam , the Tri Continent Cruise, South America, Africa and Med. It was the best cruise we have ever done.

That cruise sounds great, I will do one like that eventually, time and money permitting.:D

Thanks for the info David. I had a look at more of their itineraries today and I like the fact that they overnight and sometimes for more than one night in places.

Regards Elaine.