Cam of the Day

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Great photos Adrian, I was surprised there were only three ships this year. I think there were five last year. Love the goldfinch!

Leigh

I think last year were 4. There were 3 at Station Pier and one went under the bridge to Victoria Dock.

Next year’s schedule also shows 3, with one of those going to Victoria Dock.

I was wondering whether there is a bigger ship in the mix, so more passengers and not enough space at Station Pier.

Edited by Docker123

5 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I think last year were 4. There were 3 at Station Pier and one went under the bridge to Victoria Dock.

Next year’s schedule also shows 3, with one of those going to Victoria Dock.

I was wondering whether there is a bigger ship in the mix, so more passengers and not enough space at Station Pier.

Could also be the cup cruises are not as appealing, there were quite a few last minute specials last year (when they had the 5 ships there) and this year there were not any noticeable for only the 3 ships. Perhaps that may change next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2013 at 6:27 PM, MicCanberra said:

I noticed that the ferry like boat is at white bay again. I wonder what it does, like which area it provides service to.:D

I know that Captain Cook offers ferry service to ships berthed at White Bay.  Somewhere on their website is a schedule for their cruise ship service.  I think they only go to WB when there's a ship there.  I still haven't figured out exactly where it goes at White Bay, and how much of a walk it is from where a cruise ship docks.  I'll probably take it next month while there, since I'm too cheap to take a cab, and public transportation is a little complicated near WB. 

Going on a cruise, finally, to Australia and New Zealand, and would love to see webcams from the places I'll be.  If anyone is willing to give me URLs, I'd love to see them for:  

Australia: 

Exmouth (doubt there's one, but....)

Geraldton

Fremantle (think I found one at the port)

Albany

Adelaide

Melbourne (found a couple already)

Burnie, Tasmania

Phillip Island

Sydney (already found the one showing bridge, opera, cruise berth)

Eden

New Zealand: 

Milford Sound

Dunedin or Port Chalmers (DO have PC port,cam,s plus Albatross Center cam)

Akaroa (found one already, but there used to be one that showed a view of inside the bay or whatever it  is, not just the entrance - not sure where it went)

Wellington (think I have one, but would love more, especially if there's one at the port)

Napier 

Gisborne

Tauranga or Rotorua (found a couple)

Thanks

Edited by roothy123

In Dubai today , 26 Nov 19 .
The bridge cam of Sapphire Princess looking at Tui Cruises , Mein Schieff 5 , and Meinn Scheiff 5 looking back .

Another area to look at cruising in if you are looking for somewhere new to cruise . Just an easy flight to Dubai .

5EB04AF9-BF1B-4D4D-8514-4A431055F491.thumb.jpeg.3a11d0581dd38d238a130cc352e404b5.jpegBCB19C37-D2DD-4414-BC10-2120F3BBB677.thumb.jpeg.260d6d4f12d60977b458bedec1630516.jpeg

• Like 1

iPhone cam. 

I went to Fremantle with my niece yesterday. Found the Sun Princess behind this big fence. Must have been trying to keep in the noro virus they had on the news (conflating that with a story about a medical disembarkation in Singapore).

65FE4528-053A-4236-A0B8-7283EC2DE944.thumb.jpeg.15ab2db46a7a632191c78ff115099521.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

iPhone cam. 

I went to Fremantle with my niece yesterday. Found the Sun Princess behind this big fence. Must have been trying to keep in the noro virus they had on the news (conflating that with a story about a medical disembarkation in Singapore).

65FE4528-053A-4236-A0B8-7283EC2DE944.thumb.jpeg.15ab2db46a7a632191c78ff115099521.jpeg

Trying to keep those Sun people out.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The weather station looks to be highlighted amongst the dark shadows.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The weather station looks to be highlighted amongst the dark shadows.

Is Willis Island still manned  , or is it automated these days ?

30 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We will be there next week, so want happens in it just a sail by ?

Basically yes, although the 'rule' was that the ship had to drop anchor to satisfy the 'departing Australia' requirement for duty free?? Maybe I've missed it but one time I didn't even notice if we stopped or not??

On one of our cruises we were alongside the island for maybe 10-15 mins and there was a conversation between the pilot and the station manager that was broadcast thru the ship's speakers - very interesting.

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Basically yes, although the 'rule' was that the ship had to drop anchor to satisfy the 'departing Australia' requirement for duty free?? Maybe I've missed it but one time I didn't even notice if we stopped or not??

On one of our cruises we were alongside the island for maybe 10-15 mins and there was a conversation between the pilot and the station manager that was broadcast thru the ship's speakers - very interesting.

Looks like a nice island to go ashore.

26 minutes ago, megsie said:

When we were there last, the talk was broadcast on the ship and they launched a weather balloon from the island. I remember there were a lot of birds around.

Here is a short You tube video. If you do a search there is a lot more espec on bird life

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr walker said:

The anchor touches the water and is pulled back up.

• Like 1