Celebrity Constellation

TheCruisingQueen

Coming back to one of my favourite cruise lines for a sailing in the Caribbean in late February. This time, instead of sailing on a Solstice Class ship, I am sailing on the Constellation. My questions are that is the Constellation as enjoyable as the Solstice Class were? Also, staying on deck eleven, in Aqua Class (my favourite kind of stateroom), and I notice it's right above the Oceanview Cafe and right by the pool and recreation areas, will it become too noisy? Any other pointers or tips would be very helpful.

TheCruisingQueen

Past Sailings:

NCL Jewel 2009

NCL Epic 2011

RCCL Allure of the seas 2011

Celebrity Equinox 2012

Carnival Glory 2012

Celebrity Reflection 2013

Celebrity Solstice 2013

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Constellation (February 2014)

Cunard Queen Elizabeth (July 2014)

Edited by TheCruisingQueen

Ther have been two posts talking about the new Aqua class rooms on the Connie on the 11th floor. Both have called cabins quiet with no mention of noise from below. The only possible negative is the lack of a full cover on the veranda. (depends how you feel about sitting in the sun.) They rooms are not near the pool at all. It's a floor below then and forward. (There is a basketball court on the same floor but forward of the cabins.)

Edited by Bfson

Hi,

I returned home from the Celebrity Constellation yesterday (the Dec. 14-19 cruise that spent the extra time in Key West for engine repairs). I greatly enjoyed the ship and had one of the new outside staterooms on Deck 3 (3112) with the very large window. The ship looks great and has a wonderful crew. The public areas of the ship are not as spectacular as the public areas on the Solstice class ships, but the ship is very nice. I certainly would consider cruising aboard this ship again.

Chuck

We like the Millenium Class ships as they are smaller than the S Class. We were in the Penthouse but our friends were in the 11th floor Aqua Class rooms on the Summit which are the same as the Constellation and loved them. No noise issues at all. Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Coming back to one of my favourite cruise lines for a sailing in the Caribbean in late February. This time, instead of sailing on a Solstice Class ship, I am sailing on the Constellation. My questions are that is the Constellation as enjoyable as the Solstice Class were? Also, staying on deck eleven, in Aqua Class (my favourite kind of stateroom), and I notice it's right above the Oceanview Cafe and right by the pool and recreation areas, will it become too noisy? Any other pointers or tips would be very helpful.

TheCruisingQueen

Past Sailings:

NCL Jewel 2009

NCL Epic 2011

RCCL Allure of the seas 2011

Celebrity Equinox 2012

Carnival Glory 2012

Celebrity Reflection 2013

Celebrity Solstice 2013

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Constellation (February 2014)

Cunard Queen Elizabeth (July 2014)

Hi,

We too just got off the Connie and have stayed in the aqua class rooms on deck 9 and 11. Our preference was deck 9 due to the 18 inch cover overhead on 11. Deck 9 has a 5 foot to 8 foot overhead depending on the room location. While it does give sun seekers more sun, it also meant things got soaked when it rained. As far as noise, deck 11 is quieter. On the Connie there are glass "port holes" facing straight down from the lido deck restaurant where it extends over the ship and when people drug their chairs over them when they slid forward to the table we could clearly hear this in our cabin. Though I have to say this was only a 1/2 dozen times or so and wasn't loud enough where it would have awakened us. Blu on the Connie was great and Alex the restaurant manager was friendly and accommodating. We'll be doing Aqua class again on the Connie's sister ship the Summit in April and we can't wait.

Hi,

I returned home from the Celebrity Constellation yesterday (the Dec. 14-19 cruise that spent the extra time in Key West for engine repairs). I greatly enjoyed the ship and had one of the new outside staterooms on Deck 3 (3112) with the very large window. The ship looks great and has a wonderful crew. The public areas of the ship are not as spectacular as the public areas on the Solstice class ships, but the ship is very nice. I certainly would consider cruising aboard this ship again.

Chuck

We loved stateroom 3112 on Summit. Did you by any chance notice the configuration of staterooms 3142/3144, at the other end of the passageway from 3112? I'm getting mixed reviews as to whether they are connecting or not or have a common entrance way to get into the two cabins.

Hi,

We too just got off the Connie and have stayed in the aqua class rooms on deck 9 and 11. Our preference was deck 9 due to the 18 inch cover overhead on 11. Deck 9 has a 5 foot to 8 foot overhead depending on the room location. While it does give sun seekers more sun, it also meant things got soaked when it rained. As far as noise, deck 11 is quieter. On the Connie there are glass "port holes" facing straight down from the lido deck restaurant where it extends over the ship and when people drug their chairs over them when they slid forward to the table we could clearly hear this in our cabin. Though I have to say this was only a 1/2 dozen times or so and wasn't loud enough where it would have awakened us. Blu on the Connie was great and Alex the restaurant manager was friendly and accommodating. We'll be doing Aqua class again on the Connie's sister ship the Summit in April and we can't wait.

We're sailing in AQ on deck 9, so I'm very glad to hear it was quiet! I was worried, as we usually book with cabins above & below. I think we're under the spa area, so hoping it will stay quiet! Otherwise, since I don't need to hear an alarm clock, there are always earplugs! :p

We're sailing in AQ on deck 9, so I'm very glad to hear it was quiet! I was worried, as we usually book with cabins above & below. I think we're under the spa area, so hoping it will stay quiet! Otherwise, since I don't need to hear an alarm clock, there are always earplugs! :p

Hi,

You should be fine. We were in 9106 between the pool and the lido restaurant and except for those few "mouse in the attic" sounds, the room was perfectly quiet. Have a great cruise.

Randall