Rate the Shows on the Breakaway....Best to Last:

dongordon

I'm on board now. The Cirque dinner show is incredible. Burn the Floor was surprisingly good (went back to see it a second time. Will see Rock of Ages tonight - it's one of my favorite Broadway musicals, so I'm sure I will enjoy.

Don't miss any of the entertainment on board. So far, everything I have seen has been amazing!

Bob

Does anyone like Second City? On one cruise on the Dawn out of New York they were ok, but others have been fair to poor. One cruise we took on the Pearl about half the audience got up and left after a 'heart attack' joke. Definitely not funny especially when the crowd is a mature one. My husband and I had gone up to the buffet later that night for coffee when the cast did the same. They sat at the next table and one of them said something about a few of their skits not going over too well - Understatement of the Year.

1) Burn The Floor

2) TIE Cirque 2) Comedian/Magician (whomever might be onboard)

3) Atrium Musicians

4) Howl At The Moon

5) Rock Of Ages

6) The guy on the pool deck singing with his iPod, not realizing how loud he was.

7) The channel on the TV that shows the bow camera

8) Second City

Note: for my sailing, the ROA cast was brand new that week, and still trying to get comfortable w/ the stage & blocking.

Edited by DGP1111

Hello, I went on it a few months ago (Epic 2 years ago)

-I will start by saying my opinion Rock of Ages was something I could have skipped given I saw it locally and the film, although the music is good I don't care for the plot (vs seeing BMG and Legends 2x on Epic)

- Would recommend Fat Cats whether it is Slam Allen or Les Getrex (I am a big blues fan plus played organ on stage with both so am I bit biased)

_Howl At The Moon is enjoyable if you like a lot of the singer/songwriter classic rock music (very biased here- I play Billy Joel songs with them)

-Atrium entertainers like fire and ice are wonderful- it was standing room and standing room from a far as they were great. very talented

Second City in my opinion was okay, not much different than the Epic.

-I do not know if Micheal Finney the comedian is still on board, but he was very funny- sarcastic If you like that sense of humor

-Cirque- very unique and they are talented- however I preferred the Epic show.

Here then are my rankings:

1. Fat Cats tied with Howl at the Moon

2. Atrium musicians

3. Micheal Finney (if he is still on)

Things I would skip if I went again

4. Second City

5. Cirque

Things i should have skipped the first time

6. Rock of Ages

#Honorable mention: Although I normally don't watch movies on a ship, sometimes its nice to veg out in the atrium in the afternoon

#Off topic mention-

The 10:00 or 11:00 parties at Spice H2o had really good music (classic rock, disco, 80's)-

I would recommend these over the second city/rock of ages- maybe make these and free up the other times for dinner etc..

All in all a great cruise but I might have preferred entertainment slightly more on the Epic

Best - no particular order

Fat Cats (esp with Slam Allen)

Howl at the Moon (esp with Drew and Kin)

Burn the Floor (Amazing dancers, an energetic fun performance)

I'd skip it - you may like it.

Second City - Never been impressed with them

Rock of Ages - I want my hour and a half back

Hi Don...

Easy answer re: shows... see them all. :cool:

In order of my rating..

- Rock of Ages was authentic to the Broadway production and very well done.

- Burn the Floor was far more entertaining than I thought it would be.

- Cirque (and dinner theater in general) is not a fav, but it was very good in that genre and I am glad I went to see it.

I'm surprised by the response so far myself. I LOVED Burn the Floor and actually knew going in this would be the better entertainment between their two announced featured entertainment for this Breakaway. Rock of Ages was a great movie to see but it's plot lines don't fit with most of main stream cruising it seems. Legally Blonde was a good choice for Getaway though! :)

To the poster who commented about Second City... it's true. With each cruise they get progressively worse. The blow up doll skit needs to be retired. In their main show it's performed countless times and having cruise with NCL 15 plus times I can count at least 14 times where that skit has been performed. Their staged material needs some sprucing up or better yet, just ditch them and save the cabin space and get some better solo comedians in there! :D

Yeah, we didn't care for The Second City on the Breakaway. Maybe it's the combination of performers, because on the Gem, Jewel, and even at The Second City in Toronto, I thought the performers/skits, etc. were VERY good. Which is why I was excited about seeing them on Breakaway but we were not impressed.

Burn the Floor was excellent; amazing dancers and the musicians can't be ignored either.

Rock of Ages is ok. As someone said and I agree, didn't care for the plot. The performers were good as were the 80s songs.

Howl at the Moon very entertaining, but they depend on the audience and some audiences are more lively than others. So we saw some very interactive and entertaining shows with them, but also some where they were really having a tough time engaging the (more sedate?) audience.

Slam Allen was great!

Edited by mizlorinj

Imo

1.fat cats, slam allen was great.

2.burn the floor. Loved it

3.2nd city,, liked it better this time, than on the gem in 2011.

4.fire and ice, even though it was just a tribute to tina turner,she did a fantastic job. It was their last night on the ba, until sometime next year. Don't know exactly when they'll be back.

Didn't like rock of ages at all.

Didn't do cirque or howl at the moon

bliss was nothing like the gem, imo. Very boring

bliss was nothing like the gem, imo. Very boring

The LED wall is very cool but the location of Bliss and it's postage stamp size are huge drawbacks. There's a bar in Boston with LED lights and it's quite trendy. It's meant to be a lounge, not a nightclub but the Bliss on this ship is meant to double as a Lounge and Nightclub and it's too small to be both. I hope the Breakaway Plus ships move it and expand it's size. I can't imagine if the whole ship tried to show up there when it's raining topside. :eek:

Does anyone like Second City?.

I saw Second City's show on the Gem during an overnight trip. I'm not gonna saw it was the best comedy show I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Maybe I just a sucker for a dirty joke? LOL

Richard/Tralfie

Thanks Everyone for all your comments....I wrote them all down for my upcoming cruise in a few weeks!!

Richard....Perhaps Second City is getting better.

Though I must agree about what most said...I really never found them funny on all my NCL cruises.

Greatly appreciated! :)

Don