Park at hotel, pay for shuttle or Park at Pier?

TequilaToo

We have reservations at the Homewood Suites in Dania Beach the night before our departure on the Oasis in February. The cruise is just a part of a longer automobile excursion in our private car. The hotel says they'll store our unnecessary-for-the-cruise luggage for the duration at no charge.

We have a choice

1. Park the car at the hotel (free) and take the hotel shuttle at $8/pp (X4 = $32), then take the shuttle back to the hotel (presumably for another $32), or a taxi upon disembarking; or
  2. Park our car at the port, and just leave our unnecessary luggage at the hotel.

I like the idea of not having to wait for the hotel shuttle to show up, or fighting for a taxi when we disembark - but don't know about cost to park at the port, or how difficult it is to get luggage from the parking area to the dock and back. Any suggestions?

We have reservations at the Homewood Suites in Dania Beach the night before our departure on the Oasis in February. The cruise is just a part of a longer automobile excursion in our private car. The hotel says they'll store our unnecessary-for-the-cruise luggage for the duration at no charge.

We have a choice

1. Park the car at the hotel (free) and take the hotel shuttle at $8/pp (X4 = $32), then take the shuttle back to the hotel (presumably for another $32), or a taxi upon disembarking; or
  2. Park our car at the port, and just leave our unnecessary luggage at the hotel.

I like the idea of not having to wait for the hotel shuttle to show up, or fighting for a taxi when we disembark - but don't know about cost to park at the port, or how difficult it is to get luggage from the parking area to the dock and back. Any suggestions?

Parking at Port Everglades is $15 per day.

Thanks for that bit of info - so as far as cost goes, it would be less expensive to shuttle in and back.

But what about ease of getting to and from a parked car with luggage as opposed to the ease of using a shuttle or taxi?

One person can go fetch the car and drive back to the terminal to load the bags.

We have a choice

I like the idea of not having to wait for the hotel shuttle to show up, or fighting for a taxi when we disembark - but don't know about cost to park at the port, or how difficult it is to get luggage from the parking area to the dock and back. Any

Sitting at the hotel pool of the Homewood Suites Dania Beach right now. On Oasis tomorrow. Shuttle to the dock is $18.00 per person return. Four departure times. Reserve in advance if possible according to the front desk. Parking lot is large, open and shared with Fairfield Suites. We are going to park at the dock. With a party of five the cost differential is minimal and having our own vehicle gives us greater time flexibility.

Sitting at the hotel pool of the Homewood Suites Dania Beach right now. On Oasis tomorrow. Shuttle to the dock is $18.00 per person return. Four departure times. Reserve in advance if possible according to the front desk. Parking lot is large, open and shared with Fairfield Suites. We are going to park at the dock. With a party of five the cost differential is minimal and having our own vehicle gives us greater time flexibility.

Did you mean $18, or $8? They told me it was $8.

How's the hotel in general?

Since you're parking at the dock, I'd be interested to know what your experience was like, once you're back! Have a great voyage!

Did you mean $18, or $8? They told me it was $8.

How's the hotel in general?

Since you're parking at the dock, I'd be interested to know what your experience was like, once you're back! Have a great voyage!

There is still a price discrepancy in what you each were told, but "return" means "round trip".

Edited by Merion_Mom

Cost is $8.00 from hotel to the dock one way. For a return trip, being from the hotel to the dock on embarkation date and from the dock to the hotel on disembarkation day, the cost is $18.00. In effect they charge $10.00 for the return.

Homewood Suites is fine. One and two bedroom suites. Free breakfast (not as good as a Embassy Suites but they do have several hot items). Nice pool, exercise rom and putting green. Good laundry room. Nothing spectacular but more than adequate. Very, very close to Port Everglades. One nice feature if you don't have a car is a free shuttle service to a few local restaurants. I would stay again.

Cost is $8.00 from hotel to the dock one way. For a return trip, being from the hotel to the dock on embarkation date and from the dock to the hotel on disembarkation day, the cost is $18.00. In effect they charge $10.00 for the return.

Thanks for the clarification.

Homewood Suites is fine. One and two bedroom suites. Free breakfast (not as good as a Embassy Suites but they do have several hot items). Nice pool, exercise rom and putting green. Good laundry room. Nothing spectacular but more than adequate. Very, very close to Port Everglades. One nice feature if you don't have a car is a free shuttle service to a few local restaurants. I would stay again.

We're great fans of the Homewood Suites. We're Hhonors members, and always look for Homewoods first, as they have the two-bedroom, two-bathroom suites we need for our traveling party. Quality is pretty consistent, but there are variations from place to place, which is why I asked. Nice feature on the free restaurant shuttle for those flying in before their cruise!