Bermuda wedding help

vkasza

My fiance and I are looking for a stress free wedding on a budget. We would like a beach side wedding with approximately 20-25 guests. We are looking into hiring bermuda bride - as we have seen several reviews. Can you please share with me your story and how you planned the event. Anything helps!

My son got married in July at Stonehole Bay in Bermuda. Very secluded and beautiful. There were just 10 of us total. He hired Ginny from Weddings with Panache to make all the arrangements. She did a great job...but she is very lax in answering emails, etc so be warned. :eek:

He had looked into Bermuda Bride but they were much more expensive and they wanted alot of $$ upfront before even coming up with a final price list. :mad:

Here's a link to the video if you're interested

They also were on a budget and Ginny was able to get them everything they wanted while staying within their price range. They had the wedding dinner back on the ship (Breakaway) in the steakhouse for $30/pp...well worth it :D

If you have specific questions, I can try to answer ;)

Thanks! The only thing I was worried about Ginny was the reviews that I saw. Their wedding looked beautiful! I would like to do something very similar. If you don't mind, can you tell me approximately the cost and what cruise line you went through!

Thanks again!

Thanks! The only thing I was worried about Ginny was the reviews that I saw. Their wedding looked beautiful! I would like to do something very similar. If you don't mind, can you tell me approximately the cost and what cruise line you went through!

Thanks again!

We sailed on NCL Breakaway out of NY. They got married on the middle day we were docked. Wedding was at 5 pm. Dinner back on the ship at 8. They didn't book anything thru the ship except the dinner in the steakhouse. We told them it was a wedding and they gave us a great table in the back along the windows.

They spent about $5500...included...Ginny's fees, photographer, videographer, minister, license, marriage certificates (they ordered 3 extra besides the 1 Ginny included), prosecco and hor dourves on the beach, water (sparkling and regular bottled), wedding cupcakes, chairs, floral heart in the sand (instead of an arch), 2 bouquets, 5 boutenierres, 2 wrist corsages, ipod speakers (they loaded a playlist and brought their own ipod). I might be missing something else, but I think that was it.

They brought their own sand ceremony with them.

Hope this helps! It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to. They only wanted immediate family there and it was just so meaningful.

Good Luck planning :D

Just remembered it also included transportation to/from the ship/beach.

Edited by green eyed lady

• 2 months later...

Hi there! I am also thinking of a beach wedding through the Norwegian Breakaway!

vkasza - have you chosen a wedding planner or made any plans yet?

green_eyed_lady - thanks for the great tips!

We are thinking of Aug/Sept 2015 since the cruise price drops significantly compared to June/July. We have never cruised NCL or been to Bermuda, so we are going to cruise on the Breakaway this May to check everything out and hopefully check out potential wedding ceremony resort(s) while there. We also would like to book through the island vs. NCL to save money. I still would like photos on the ship before the ceremony, so hopefully NCL could cover that and then we could get a photographer/videographer on the island.

We also would like to do the ceremony on the beach, followed by pictures and a cocktail reception with apps and music... followed by dinner back on the ship!

I appreciate any helpful suggestions, tips, insights, things to consider about a Bermuda wedding!!

• 4 years later...
On 3/26/2014 at 4:27 PM, jj44cruiser said:

Hi there! I am also thinking of a beach wedding through the Norwegian Breakaway!

vkasza - have you chosen a wedding planner or made any plans yet?

green_eyed_lady - thanks for the great tips!

We are thinking of Aug/Sept 2015 since the cruise price drops significantly compared to June/July. We have never cruised NCL or been to Bermuda, so we are going to cruise on the Breakaway this May to check everything out and hopefully check out potential wedding ceremony resort(s) while there. We also would like to book through the island vs. NCL to save money. I still would like photos on the ship before the ceremony, so hopefully NCL could cover that and then we could get a photographer/videographer on the island.

We also would like to do the ceremony on the beach, followed by pictures and a cocktail reception with apps and music... followed by dinner back on the ship!

I appreciate any helpful suggestions, tips, insights, things to consider about a Bermuda wedding!!

Hi! How did your wedding work out!? My sister wants to take an NCL cruise to Bermuda and do the ceremony on the beach. She also wants to do reception/dinner somewhere on the island. What did you do?? THANKS!

We got married at the Reefs Resort and absolutely loved everything about it. Go look at moongate productions FB page and search for The Reefs wedding (they did our pics).

Email me at Kaszavl@vcu.edu with any questions. 

I honestly wanted a beach wedding till Kathleen convinced me otherwise - caso’s point was amazing. Its tucked in between the rocks and water on the first picture. We did tons of pictures on the beach. You will not regret it. 

Try to do a wedding on a weekday - it saves us so much money and no one was around to bother us! Also, if you stay there - rent a day room with an ocean view and get the bridal group ready. 

They have an awesome wedding event package and it was very inexpensive compared to other locations (the reef resort is super expensive itself but for some reason the wedding wasn’t). They handled everything (except music, but we brought a bluetooth speaker) - flowers, cake, alcohol, photography. 

Contact Kathleen Dodwell - she was our event coordinator and literally made my life so much easier.

kathleen.dodwell@eventsolutions.bm

We arranged transpiration from the boat to the resort with Ralph - loved him! 

Ralph Richardson MSc. & Julie Richardson 
Winsome Tours and Consulting Limited
Tel: 441-234-1903
Cell: 441-599-5804

312340D1-1D79-4217-BC62-4FAD9C82D710.jpeg

3F012BF7-E4D1-4D33-B216-0CCC911D84C9.jpeg

BBEC132A-5C89-4A24-BD39-A3018B7FAB79.jpeg

466AF93D-3552-4670-8216-83910F684196.jpeg

79843621-EB56-476A-9119-FBB6E3FEC3A6.jpeg