Just off the Allure

The Allure is a big ship and I guess there are many different perspectives. From my perspective, I never really saw many kids. I only saw 2 young kids (around 5- 6 yrs old) running around by them selves and only a few kids in the Teen Club. Again from my perspective, the lines for MTD were short and the CL was empty during breakfast and the 5 - 8 pm period.

New Yorkers were my only problem. ;)

When we sailed the allure in September there were a lot of teens by the flow rider.

I think it was an all kids cruise. It seems there were no parents onboard, the kids were rude and just ran all over the ship even at 2am....Back to Celebrity for us.
Really? Was this worst then the last time?? Please:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809884

If you dislike kids so much, do yourself a favor and don't cruise Xmas week, Spring Break and during the Summer....especially on ships like Oasis or Allure.

This is VERY normal for Winter break (Mid Dec - January); Presidents week; ALL Summer long and spring break.... If you do not want kids on your cruise, select when school is in session or chose longer than 7 day cruises.

My thoughts exactly.

It's the Kids being in the bars at 2am and the parents who don't parent.........

So did you call security and have the situation taken care of?

The Allure is a big ship and I guess there are many different perspectives. From my perspective, I never really saw many kids. I only saw 2 young kids (around 5- 6 yrs old) running around by them selves and only a few kids in the Teen Club. Again from my perspective, the lines for MTD were short and the CL was empty during breakfast and the 5 - 8 pm period.

New Yorkers were my only problem. ;)

Seriously did you just post on here to get your last sentence in.....again.:rolleyes: Perhaps you were a problem to the New Yorkers. Sometimes we from the NY area sense those who have a beef with us for no apparent reason. No need to still be so angry that Royal gave Quantum to the New York area.;):D

Seriously did you just post on here to get your last sentence in.....again.:rolleyes: Perhaps you were a problem to the New Yorkers. Sometimes we from the NY area sense those who have a beef with us for no apparent reason. No need to still be so angry that Royal gave Quantum to the New York area.;):D

Seriously, do you really believe that New Yorkers are that thin skinned to take offense at that? If you could have seen all of the passengers with New York accents yelling at the Guest Service reps you would be embarrassed to be in that group.

As far as the Quantum is concerned, you can have her. I honestly don't find the WOW in the features of that ship. Maybe it's just me. But if it keeps the New Yorkers in New York, perhaps it's a win-win. ;)

Sorry you had a bad experience but the schools are on holiday break. On the Freedom there is a curfew. Is there not one on the Allure?

Curfew is 2am on allure for under 18 without parents and is pretty strictly enforced.

We were on Allure for the Dec 8th sailing. Hardly any kids that we saw, but you had to get up early to get your comfy chair in the solarium. We're from KS and I came home and told my friends it was just us and 4000 of our new "used to live in NY/NJ and now live in FL" best friends. We had a fabulous time and met some great people. We would recommend this week to others without kids!

Really? Was this worst then the last time?? Please:rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809884

If you dislike kids so much, do yourself a favor and don't cruise Xmas week, Spring Break and during the Summer....especially on ships like Oasis or Allure.

LOL. Good catch. Apparently all the OP does is go around complaining about kids while cruising during peak:rolleyes: kid cruising time. sheesh

This is VERY normal for Winter break (Mid Dec - January); Presidents week; ALL Summer long and spring break.

If you do not want kids on your cruise, select when school is in session or chose longer than 7 day cruises.

That would take too much common sense. :)

The same thing happened to us in January. There was a bar mitzvah with 1000 kids. We also found out that Brazil was on summer break. There were kids everywhere. Security was out at night telling them to go to bed. I never knew kids could be so badly misbehaved. I wondered where their parents were. We will never cruise during that time again

Seriously, do you really believe that New Yorkers are that thin skinned to take offense at that? If you could have seen all of the passengers with New York accents yelling at the Guest Service reps you would be embarrassed to be in that group.

As far as the Quantum is concerned, you can have her. I honestly don't find the WOW in the features of that ship. Maybe it's just me. But if it keeps the New Yorkers in New York, perhaps it's a win-win. ;)

You got that right! Those cruises will have a fabulous fun mix of passengers without any haters.;)

The same thing happened to us in January. There was a bar mitzvah with 1000 kids. We also found out that Brazil was on summer break. There were kids everywhere. Security was out at night telling them to go to bed. I never knew kids could be so badly misbehaved. I wondered where their parents were. We will never cruise during that time again

As far as Brazil, think about it. It costs a lot of money to fly up to Florida from South America and to book the Allure, all with a family. Those people probably have money and are used to getting their way; the kids also will have an entitled sense about things. It used to bother me; now if I see a whole bunch of people wearing green and gold headed to a place I want to go I just move faster and get to the destination ahead of them. It works especially at Disney World.

Seriously, do you really believe that New Yorkers are that thin skinned to take offense at that?

The people I know from that area, including my snowbird neighbors, proudly embrace their in-your-face attitude and understand their way is considered rude to non Yorkers. Apparantly, there are still some who try to deny it. ;)

It would be like me denying the fact Floridians are terrible drivers. :D

[quote name='roe2ship']Seriously did you just post on here to get your last sentence in.....again.:rolleyes: Perhaps you were a problem to the New Yorkers. Sometimes we from the NY area sense those who have a beef with us for no apparent reason. No need to still be so angry that Royal gave Quantum to the New York area.;):D[/qhee hee Edited by Pennstateman