Freedom of the seas in Alaska

Does anyone know of any possibilities of Freedom of the Seas going to Alaska to replace Rhapsody?

Thank you!

Bobby

How would she get there? She can't go through the existing PC locks and I don't know that the new locks will be large enough either. I believe the ship is also too tall to go under the Bridge of the Americas or the Centennial Bridge.

How would she get there? She can't go through the existing PC locks and I don't know that the new locks will be large enough either. I believe the ship is also too tall to go under the Bridge of the Americas or the Centennial Bridge.

Well, she could go around the horn like Mariner did, but I suspect a ship that large is not going to work in Alaska anyhow.

Edited by clarea

Well, I am going to be spending a lot of time in recovery in January, I'll keep an eye on Summer 2015 schedules when they come out. 4/26 was the last on teh schedule out of PC when I checked.

I just checked and 4/26/15 is as far as Freedom is currently scheduled.

Edited by BillOh

For a Freedom class?

Yes, I believe the new lock dimensions are something like 1400' by 180', which would also accomodate Oasis class. I've also heard that the timeline for completion is now sometime in 2015.

Edited by clarea

Yes, I believe the new lock dimensions are something like 1400' by 180', which would also accomodate Oasis class. I've also heard that the timeline for completion is now sometime in 2015.

I'll admit to not following this closely, but when it started I heard questioning if a Voyager class would make it through. This won't be on my horizon till at least '17, so I'll just shut up and read now ;)

Does anyone know of any possibilities of Freedom of the Seas going to Alaska to replace Rhapsody?

Thank you!

Bobby

I've heard from a few places that Independence was replacing rhapsody and Anthem OTS was replacing Independence. and one of the Vision ships (Posssibly Rhapsody) was replacing the Majesty OTS. But we won't know for sure until April when the new dates are published.

I've heard from a few places that Independence was replacing rhapsody and Anthem OTS was replacing Independence. and one of the Vision ships (Posssibly Rhapsody) was replacing the Majesty OTS. But we won't know for sure until April when the new dates are published.

I wonder about a Quantum class in Alaska

Thank you!

Bobby

Not until the Panama Canal is widened & lenghtened. As of right now the Freedom of the Seas is too big for the Panama Canal.