Rollcall: Disney Magic Oct 29 - Nov 4/05

TomTO

Hi All,

Well, we did it. After much deliberation, my partner Rick and I are heading off for a little disney magic?

Anyone else out there booked?

Tom & Rick

Hi,

Guess I'm answering myself ;-)

Okay, let's word this another way. Anyone out there been on a Disney Cruise recently? Any comments or suggestions?

Tom & Rick

My partner, Rick, and I have been on several Disney cruises. In fact, we considered going the same time that you are, but it doesn't work with our schedules.

If you have a fondness for Disney, Mickey Mouse, etc., you'll love it! The ships are beautiful, and the service is wonderful. The staterooms are large and nicely decorated. I think that there is room for improvement with the food, though. The dining rooms themselves have really cool designs and themes, but the food is pretty average, except for the special, adults only restaurtant, Palo, which is outstanding. I strongly suggest going there at least one night...be sure to make your reservation soon after boarding as it fills up quickly.

Don't miss the shows! They're pretty amazing, with awesome special effects. There is an adults only pool and nightclub, but we've never really felt overwhelmed by the large number of children on board. There is also an adults only beach on Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. You will have multiple opportunities to have your photo taken with just about every Disney character that you can imagine...they will even be dressed up on formal night! By the way, we've always met other gay couples while on board, although I can't remember if there are FOD get togethers.

Have a great time!

FOD get togethers.

It is 6:30 AM and my partner (who is sleeping soundly) & I are leaving on the Conquest today. I'm excited, can't sleep, and am desperately trying to kill the next 4 hours until we leave to board. Thank you for posting this as it helped me kill about 15 minutes trying to figure out what "FOD" means.:confused: Once I got it, I am horribly embarassed! :D

Bryan

• 1 month later...

My partner and I took a four-day cruise on the Disney Wonder and were less than impressed. We had a balcony cabin, which was nice. The dining situation was a fiasco. We were seated with a husband, wife and their four children (all under the age of 7). I am not positive but I am sure it was the first time the family had dinner at a table. After dinner the first night we asked the Matre‘d to be reassigned (two adult males, no children, one cabin on a Disney cruise, not hard to figure it out!) . The next night we were shown to a table (right next to the family of six) alone. A table for eight and we were the only two at the table. We resolved the problem ourselves by eating at Palo the remaining two nights. (Which was the highlight of the cruise.)

Next, about the children. Yes, you are going to have children on the cruise. No, I don't think they ever go to bed. The were running up and down the halls until two or three o'clock every night. They were everywhere. In the clubs, movie theater (R Rated), playing Bingo, etc. The only respite was on Castaway Cay.

We have enjoyed cruising on all the major lines but unfortunately Disney fell very short of the mark.

Hopefully you will have much better luck and have an awesome experience.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi TomTo,

Have been on 10 Disney cruises and had a great time. Kids were not a problem and the adult pool area was just that. some of the crew are family and will guide you to the special places.

Just go and enjoy you make it what you will.

Hank

My partner and I have been on both the Disney Wonder & Magic. Had a great time on both. Cruising is what you make it and Disney is no different. We saw what seemed like a million kids on the saftey drill before the ship leaves port and were very worried that we would be overrun. Well I don't know where they put them because they pretty much disappeared for the rest of the trip. Actually they have there own deck and pool so you only really see kids if you want to. We had the late dinner so few children were around. Also Palo is a MUST!!!! But book this as soon as you drop your bags as it sells out fast.

If you like Disney the cruise is great. The formal nights were not quite as formal as on other lines probably because there are more families on board. But we had a lovely time and the staff really went out of there way to make us feel like we were the only passengers on the ship

Michael & Don

• 2 weeks later...

Archived